Outdoor solar lights

ILoveCyrus

These are a dime a dozen in US.

Can't seem to find them here. Been to malls and Savers Depot, etc.

Wonder if Belmont or Atlantic hardware has them. Bet they're expensive here....LoL

Any leads.....?

I do not know if they are the ones you are looking for or if they even still have them but I saw some a few months ago upstairs in SM department store Cebu City, top floor in the Aces Hardware section. Also if I remember correctly they may have had some downstairs basement Hardware section of Ayala. 

SomeRandomGuy

At the 88 peso store i found some. Not very bright but they do work. Its more about the ambience for me. Just saw a solar powered bug zapper at the hardware store yesterday, and there were some online at lazada a while ago.

Sent from my ass to your eyes

smokey

still over rated i picked up a few in usa and installed them and they are much brighter but last very short time ... if you leave them on which was my reason to buy and install they last maybe 2 hours so as a night light system they suck...

ILoveCyrus

I have 2 on my gate posts. Bought from Home Depot in US. These have dusk/dawn sensors and work fantastic.

Wish I had bought more. Its not popular here yet..

I bet they will catch up soon

thebob

You can soup them up. The older ones had AAA batteries in them and regular LED's. The newer ones have only button cells and regular LED's. The circuit is pretty robust and the housing has enough room for another battery. If your garden light has a button cell just solder in a rechargeable ni-cad and you will get better run time. The high brightness LED's use less current than the older ones for more brightness so that is worth doing as well.

Daiso ( The 88 Peso store) is only 108 Yen in Japan. So they are almost twice as much in Cebu.

http://www.bigclive.com/solar.htm

You can also try "cracking the ice" on the LED.

http://www.bigclive.com/ice.htm

Edited by thebob
Paul

Dude, how long have you been a member? We have an ENTIRE category on solar and other alternative energy. Please post topics in their respective forums!

Headshot

Outdoor Garden Solar 3-LED Spotlight Lamp.. 600p

http://www.olx.ph/index.php/view+classifieds/id/42978953/

Thanks Carlo. I know where they are. They're just above the Rose Pharmacy next to the McDonalds in North Mandaue. I will have to give them a try. I have good lighting in my yard for when we are doing something out there, but I would like some accent spots that don't use regular power for highlights and security. I had solar-powered yard lights back in the US, and they lasted for years.

• Like 1