New Peso rate

Maybe the Bank is th one causing the issues for the Pesos... they sell off all their US Dollars for a P0.20 gain that lasted for a whole 24 hours, then they release an inflation forecast and it falls again...

:lol:

I hope they never learn...

The more it falters, the more I make exporting :lol:

-Nick

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lee

• smokey

• Bob Ward

• poby

Top Posters In This Topic

Lee

http://business.inquirer.net/money/breakin...inflation-fears

Peso breaches 45:$1 mark on inflation fears

By Doris Dumlao

Philippine Daily Inquirer

First Posted 20:05:00 07/01/2008

MANILA, Philippines -- Jitters over rising inflation Tuesday dragged the peso past the crucial 45 mark against the dollar for the first time in nine months and would have tumbled further if not for central bank intervention, currency traders said.

Given prospects of local inflation hitting a 14-year high and global oil prices now hovering above $140 a barrel, the peso continued its losing streak to end at 45.01 Tuesday from Monday

http://business.inquirer.net/money/breakin...inflation-fears

Peso breaches 45:$1 mark on inflation fears

By Doris Dumlao

Philippine Daily Inquirer

First Posted 20:05:00 07/01/2008

MANILA, Philippines -- Jitters over rising inflation Tuesday dragged the peso past the crucial 45 mark against the dollar for the first time in nine months and would have tumbled further if not for central bank intervention, currency traders said.

Given prospects of local inflation hitting a 14-year high and global oil prices now hovering above $140 a barrel, the peso continued its losing streak to end at 45.01 Tuesday from Monday

Yah back in 2002 - 2004 I was getting 56 pesos to every buck!

Those were the good old days

Be nice to see 50 to $1 again though.

Warlord

I wonder how many people have been holding on to their monies waiting for the rates to get better before buying or building anything? :P

-Nick

JohninCebu
I wonder how many people have been holding on to their monies waiting for the rates to get better before buying or building anything? :P

-Nick

Lifes too short imo.

smokey

-Nick

well we are redoing our fence.. it was ugly .... my wife went to buy steel bar and said instead of 90 p a bar its now 230p and the block was 7.5 p each and cement 191 a bag... if your doing something big i would say the rate should touch 47 by years end see how much the difference between 45 and 47 is..

Paul

I got 45.05 / $1 USD today, well... almost yesterday.

Bastos

"I got 45.05 / $1 USD today, well... almost yesterday. "

where?

Was a little ticked at LBC 2 days ago had to pay the rent so went there after calling ... they quoited me 44.85 on the phone .... when I got there 45 mins later he only gave me 44.80 ...... told him I called and the price I was given ...he still said 44.80 ..... with the price continuing to go up I may just cash in a couple of hundred at a time ..... even though it is more trouble ...

retired
Was a little ticked at LBC 2 days ago had to pay the rent so went there after calling ... they quoited me 44.85 on the phone .... when I got there 45 mins later he only gave me 44.80 ...... told him I called and the price I was given ...he still said 44.80 ..... with the price continuing to go up I may just cash in a couple of hundred at a time ..... even though it is more trouble ...

Cagayan De Oro street Rate yesterday : 44.80

The only exchange rate that matters to me is the one paypal gives me. After hitting a low of just 39.3 in February, it has bounced up and yesterday it was at 43.95. That's up almost 12% in 4 1/2 months.

Lee

http://www.tribune.net.ph/business/20080703bus1.html

Peso at 9-month low, index weakest in nearly 2 years

07/03/2008

The peso hit a new nine-month low while the stock index was at its lowest in nearly two years as fears grew among investors that inflationary pressures in the region would significantly affect economic growth.

Share prices closed 0.9 percent down to a fresh 22-month low with the composite index losing 21.35 points to 2,393.90, the day