New Peso rate

Live rates at 2008.06.29 23:33:36 UTC

1.00 USD = 44.7800 PHP

United States Dollars Philippines Pesos

1 USD = 44.7800 PHP 1 PHP = 0.0223314 USD

I started this thread so members who want to post the current rate can do so here without starting new threads.

Edited by Mr. Lee
  • Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lee

• smokey

• Bob Ward

• poby

Top Posters In This Topic

1.00 USD = 44.7800 PHP

I started this thread so members who want to post the current rate can do so here without starting new threads.

I don't really understand why it has to be posted. Just go to www.xe.com

I have bloomberg live and right now it is 44.88 - 44.93, last was 44.88, high was 44.94, low was 44.35. Hope that makes people happy.

Ah yes, 10.05 pm pacific time, Sunday Evening, June 29, 2008

It's sure a lot better than 40 something, but I also miss the days of 50+.

Mike in Cebu

Well scianna54 ..... as I am sure you know ..... internet rate is not actually what you get ..... right now they pay 44.80 at SLB money changer and 44.70 at Robinson's ....... so if you want the correct amount just call them as I did just now (unless you are else where...and not in country) ..... and I find the info helpful even though I have links to exchange rates .... remember some people may not and as I visit the board daily it is a lot better for me to just click here and get most of my info at once ....

Well scianna54 ..... as I am sure you know ..... internet rate is not actually what you get ..... right now they pay 44.80 at SLB money changer and 44.70 at Robinson's ....... so if you want the correct amount just call them as I did just now (unless you are else where...and not in country) ..... and I find the info helpful even though I have links to exchange rates .... remember some people may not and as I visit the board daily it is a lot better for me to just click here and get most of my info at once ....

You are right. I always compare online at HSBC and know for sure that a money changer pays more.

What really surprised me scianna54 was after moving here the vast difference in the rates they give here ... even only a few blocks apart ..... by the way SLB has always consistently given me the best rates ..... always seem to be a few centovos higher than the rest ...... heard about good deals in Raintree but they haven't given any when I call them ..... just called them and they were 44.70 ...

Hey you want to hear something great ...... just called Robinson's money changer to get a rate .... they said sorry sir please call back at 4:00pm we don't have a rate right now ...... I was floored .... I said .... you mean if I was to walk in right now I could not exchange any money cause you don't have a rate ...... sorry sir please call back at 4pm we don't have a rate right now ......... :unsure::as-if::lol: :lol: gotta love it ...... oh by the way the time was 3:30pm ....

Just to show you how fast things can change ..... going rate as of 6:00pm is 44.80 ...... in all all but SLB ... they are closed ..... I guess they really do wait until after 4:00pm to change rates ...... but I still think if you showed up at 3:30pm they would exchange ....

Paul

Na, they would make you leave and call them at 4:00pm. :unsure::as-if:

Now, do we hear... 45 / $1.00 USD ? C'mon 45!

Hey this is an exciting topic for anyone living here....

I can remember back in 2005 when I got like P56 on the dollar... woo hoo.....

I have already watched my income skyrocket over the last month... Im so happy.... make making money here online that much easier :P

-Nick

1.00 USD = 44.7800 PHP

I don't really understand why it has to be posted. Just go to www.xe.com

I have bloomberg live and right now it is 44.88 - 44.93, last was 44.88, high was 44.94, low was 44.35. Hope that makes people happy.

Ah yes, 10.05 pm pacific time, Sunday Evening, June 29, 2008

Again, I opened this thread because so many forum members were starting new threads (including myself) every time the rate went up and I hope they all use this thread to post them from now on or maybe the mods can now have a thread to move all those posts to.

Also, it always makes me smile to see the rates going up whenever I look at the forum and brightens my day. :as-if:

BTW, I hate seeing them go down as they have been in the past, really ruins my day. :P

Just to give an example when we first got here on April 24th we were getting 40.60 and it is now 44.80 ...... nice little jump for 2 months ..... 4.20p on $1000 is 4200p ...... I'll take it .... :P:as-if::any-help:

A_Simple_Man
Just to show you how fast things can change .....

The more things change, the more they remain the same . . Here is a quote from 2001, Manila Times

Peso now stable, says BSP chief : 2-02-01 Manila Times

The peso has stabilized but would in the meantime hover between the P48 to P49 rate against the US dollar, Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas (BSP) Gov. Rafael Buenaventura said yesterday.

According to Yahoo, the peso-dollar exchange has jumped roughly 10 centavos per day over the last week but would close weak:

Date: High: Low: Close:

6/25 44.605 44.455 44.585

6/26 44.805 44.300 44.700

6/27 44.780 44.730 44.775

6/28 --.--- --.--- --.---

6/29 44.935 44.305 44.620

6/30 44.970 44.600 44.810

By the end of the week, the exchange should be up to P45:$1

-Nick

Lee

http://business.inquirer.net/money/topstor...digit-inflation

Peso falls to 8-month low 44.93 (50 to one, here we come. yeah, yeah yeah) :lol:

By Doris Dumlao

Philippine Daily Inquirer

First Posted 01:48:00 07/01/2008

Inflation rate likely hit a 14-year high in June on surging food and fuel prices as well as the weakening peso value against the dollar, the central bank, Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas (BSP), said Monday.

The BSP estimated the rise in consumer prices in June at 10.4-11.2 percent from a year earlier. The high end of the range would be the fastest pace since May 1994, when inflation was recorded at 11.5 percent.

Ahead of the central bank