Sign in to follow this  
woodchopper

American killed on Colon last night

smokey

Some brave guys LOVE to walk around Colon at night like they are invincible to violence. Walking a beach at night in Bohol and walking Colon at night I would think the percentages are higher for violence in Colon.

they cant see at night because of their rose colored glasses and the strong feeling that everyone loves them a lot..

• Like 1

woodchopper

i am unaware of any american killed in colon recently

smokey

i am unaware of any american killed in colon recently

ok i guess if your unaware of it i am sure it did not or would not happen... :yahoo:

woodchopper

somehow the original post i made re the guy killed,,got changed to "american"?

contraman

Obama did it :)

• Like 7

smokey

well to the locals danish,, Australian, europe.. american,, canada,, all are foreigners and most will Assume they are americans 

Alfred E. Neuman

Colon street is not in North Korea, if a foreigner gets killed it will be all over the news media.

• Like 1

SomeRandomGuy

Colon street is not in North Korea, if a foreigner gets killed it will be all over the news media.

Im not sure about that...this government does not like news like this...effects their more fun in the Philippines slogan.

Not very long ago news papers were told not to have murders and other such like on their front page headlines

Sent from my ass to your eyes

• Like 1

Sven

Obama did it :)

No, Rose the server did it. See post #16. I guess when she said "American" she meant "White person". It is a common (mis)use of language in Cebu.

Jim Sibbick

Some brave guys LOVE to walk around Colon at night like they are invincible to violence. Walking a beach at night in Bohol and walking Colon at night I would think the percentages are higher for violence in Colon.

I used to live in the Cebu Century. I have 20 years experience, off and on, walking the streets nearby at all hours of the night and day.

The worst thing that has happened to me is pimps who will not take no for an answer.

Bad things happen every where in the world. Including so called "safe" areas of Cebu City, But apparently my 20 years experience is not long enough to show that it is not the violent area people make out.

• Like 5

contraman

No, Rose the server did it.

Bloody Smart Computers,

Taking over the world :)

computer-aplications.gif

• Like 1

Headed that way

Ok, just got back from Our Place Bar down by colon, asked Rose, a longtime server there if someone was killed on colon last night.  She said, Yes an American.  Are u sure an American?  She said said his friend in a wheelchair confirmed it.  I asked if it was a pimp that killed him, (he was stabbed), she said no a ladyboy.  Was the ladyboy a pimp, she was not sure.  They were talking about it last night in the bar.  Said he was a customer but she could not remember him.  She did not know his age.  More to come in the paper tomorrow.  RIP

Oh my God.  Has anyone seen Motorboy?

• Like 2

Headed that way

apparently stabbed by a woman

Never mind.....

• Like 2

A_Simple_Man

The alternative is?

Do you stay in your hotel room, afraid of shadows and things that go bump in the night?  Since that has little appeal to me then I have been known to walk around Colon in the evening.  Perhaps not at 3 am but during the evening I have no problem with it.  And I can tell you I have not seen any foreigners beaten, robbed or murdered during my walks.

• Like 4

towboat72

ive stayed in Cebu century on and off for years,never felt uncomfortable or uneasy.

you can get your ass in trouble anywhere you travel right place right time or wrong place wrong  time.

I happen to like all the activity that goes on in that area,always busy,things going on