Sign in to follow this  
Sven

The great eBay experiment

Davaoeno

A year ago I bought a new keyboard for my laptop from a company in New Jersey .  After 3 months it had not  arrived.  They  returned my money .   6 weeks after that it arrived . 

• Like 1

BayMan

I've been using ebay since 2002 , approx 550 transactions total as buyer and seller ( mainly buyer ) I've found sellers from either mainland China or Hong Kong extremely reliable and usually have cheap postage rates ( if not free ) 

I had one item not turn up , it was replaced once I let them know , one item was faulty and it was replaced without question .

ebay.com ( USA ) items usually comes up with ridiculously high postal charges to Australia so I rarely bother with them .

Most items I buy are small enough to have to sent to my P.O. Box , so I don't have to worry about packages being left out , stolen etc. but where the seller gives a tracking number from China Post it is basically useless as a tracking method , usually I know when the item has arrived by checking the P.O. box and see a card there for pickup inside the post office.

Are P.O. boxes available in at least metro areas there ? They can be very handy . 

My most recent purchase ex. Hong Kong ( hasn't arrived yet , too early ) http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/231157907570?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649 , $2.99 postage to here .  

Sven , I'm curious , if an item didn't arrive , would you blame the seller or assume it "disappeared" in the Phils ?

I guess I'm asking about the general honesty of postal workers as well as mailbox theft there ??

Headshot

Most EBay purchases are delivered by courier...not through PhilPost. My wife uses couriers extensively in her online business, both in buying supplies and in selling products. For the most part, she uses JRS for anything within the Philippines. If it is coming from or going to someplace outside the Philippines, she usually uses LBC.

• Like 4

For Real

I have had exceptional service from fedex in the RP and have had snouts in the trough problems when sending dhl and would NEVER sent items of value through Phil Post as i have had troubles with basic mail that looked valuable. Go figure

Cebudog

I've boughht golf gloves and tees several times and had them shipped regular mail.  Takes about 6 weeks and I've had to pay 40 peso fee when I pick it up but other than that, no problem.

SkyMan

I ordered a laptop screen which arrived broken. Stepped on. They sent another, also broken but usable so they wouldn't send another. They were sent DHL but turned over to Philpost in the RP because DHL phils isn't the contract carrier for DHL!?! Be aware of the p40 to pick up at the post office when considering price

Sven

Sven , I'm curious , if an item didn't arrive , would you blame the seller or assume it "disappeared" in the Phils ?

Both, I guess.

The way i see it, I am paying the seller for delivery (or for an item where the price includes delivery). Next, the seller will naturally be subcontracting the delivery part of the deal to another party, like Philpost. But that is at their discretion. I only have a deal with the seller. Hence, if something is not delivered, I would complain to the seller although I'd suspect the problem lies in the Phils.

• Like 1

Mactan Mark

I been selling on eBay.ph here for 4 years. No problems delivering products. I have JRS pickup at my house 6 days a week. Delivery to manila (small 6" by 9") is next day service for php95. I use LBC for only remote locations (they charge php165) and Philpost for out of country transactions. 

Edited by Mactan Mark
  • Like 2

mrgoodcat

I been selling on eBay.ph here for 4 years. No problems delivering products. I have JRS pickup at my house 6 days a week. Delivery to manila (small 6" by 9") is next day service for php95. I use LBC for only remote locations (they charge php165) and Philpost for out of country transactions. 

What do you sell on eBay.ph? Out of curiosity :-).

My experience on couriers to PH is to avoid having any products valued above $10, it will instantly be taxed with DHL/Fedex/UPS and it's usually minimum 1500PHP, no matter the valuation of the product. Fedex and UPS usually get taxed even when valuation is <$10, so I avoid them altogether. DHL works best but make sure value is <$10, even $10.60 will tax you about 1500PHP. I'm talking about express courier here, and taxation's are beyond ridiculous.

I <3 Cebu

I've had 2 successful transactions & 1 pending. I don't use eBay.ph 

Enuff

I hope all goes well

samatm

my ebay experience was a laptop screen.. that was received cracked.. no insurance , no refund, and on top of that I paid a duty to get it out of hock.

just purchased a  touch screen  for my HTC phone.  It is being sent from HK.    its been 4 weeeks now.  still waiting . 

Hy H

It is being sent from HK.    its been 4 weeeks now.  still waiting . 

Must be delivered by boat?

Sven

Just to update everyone on the experiment...

All of the 11 packages have now been marked as dispatched from their respective senders.

I guess that was the easy part..!