Sign in to follow this  
riklynbor

Building Using Insulated Roof Panels.

Paul

Wouldn't a light color facing the sun cause the roof to be cooler? Or, has this question already been addressed in this thread? 

riklynbor

Some pictures of my custom flashing and standard ridge capping.

post-14249-0-07169400-1407793989_thumb.jpg

post-14249-0-78441500-1407794029_thumb.jpg

post-14249-0-58256400-1407794065_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

Enuff

I haven't been this excited about pictures since I found my dad's playboy magazine at 9 yrs old.thanks

• Like 9

billy

Ill bet the roof cost more then the house. Haha looks awesome nice to see great work

riklynbor

Ill bet the roof cost more then the house. Haha looks awesome nice to see great work

X sorry but roof so far only a small part of cost. About the same as steel decking.  Forget how many ton steet and how many thousand bags cement. Whole building is made up of 1 + 2 +3 mix. Beams are 450mm high by 250 wide and posts are 350 x 250 . Each post has a foundation of 2000 x 2000 x 500. More than 1 year wages at 20,000 a week you do the sums lol . Thanks for compliment :-)

• Like 3

Headshot

X sorry but roof so far only a small part of cost. About the same as steel decking.  Forget how many ton steet and how many thousand bags cement. Whole building is made up of 1 + 2 +3 mix. Beams are 450mm high by 250 wide and posts are 350 x 250 . Each post has a foundation of 2000 x 2000 x 500. More than 1 year wages at 20,000 a week you do the sums lol . Thanks for compliment :-)

OK...you are building one seriously strong house there. While I have some concerns about the CHB you are going to use for the walls, if you are using a high cement mix in them as well and plenty of tied in steel reinforcing bars, you should NEVER have a problem with the structural integrity of your home (regardless of storms or earthquakes). I am very impressed with your conservative (but innovative) approach to construction. This home will last for many generations.

• Like 2

riklynbor

In relation to my blocks just some more information on my building methods.

Each of the floors has selected walls as double block walls of which the cavity will also be filled with concrete. These will act like  a spinal cord supporting the building from left to right movement as well as front to back movement. The outer staircase structure also plays a integral part of the buildings strength. 

Im  using 10mm rebar 600mm apart vertically and one horizontally every third coarse.

Where ever there is a single wall on the inside will be steel stud walling finished of with Gyprock sheeting.

post-14249-0-36129000-1407840244_thumb.jpg

Edited by Hell Boy
Added image directly to post.
  • Like 1

Headshot

Are you putting electrical conduit and pipes in while you are building the walls, or will they be chipped and grouted into the walls? Obviously, it is easy in the lightweight steel framed walls. Are you making some of the interior walls out of block?

Paul

post-14249-0-36129000-1407840244.jpg

So, in between those two block walls, it will be filled with concrete as well? Mate, you are building Fort Knox. :D

I'm curious as well, regarding the idea of running conduit for your wiring throughout the walls? It would certainly make for easier wire replacement in the future, if / when necessary.

riklynbor

Are you putting electrical conduit and pipes in while you are building the walls, or will they be chipped and grouted into the walls? Obviously, it is easy in the lightweight steel framed walls. Are you making some of the interior walls out of block?

No  there are only a few double block internal walls and I have 9 inch grinders with diamond blades and small jack hammers that make quick work of cutting in. Like I said selected internal walls are double bl0ck walls to give the building support.

• Like 1

riklynbor

So, in between those two block walls will be filled with concrete as well? Mate, you are building Fort Knox. :D

I'm curious as well, regarding the idea of running conduit for your wiring throughout the walls? It would certainly make for easier wire replacement in the future, if / when necessary.

Yes all electrical wires will be in conduit in  the steel framed walls before the Gyprock sheeting and the block walls they will be cut in

• Like 1

Mikala

electrical wires will be in conduit in

Conduit... I love conduit! What kind of conduit will you be running? Flexible or bending galvanized conduit / pipe?

Yes, engineers are a weird lot!

:cool:

riklynbor

Nothing fancy just PVC number 1 and 1/2 inch. I will have main breaker box downstairs but each floor will have its own power board with over load switches. So only mains power going to each floor where it will branch out to different outlets.

post-14249-0-93881700-1407914614_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

contraman

Yes, engineers are a weird lot!

:cool:

You can say that again, nooo don't bother :)

I like engineers, because I is one :)

riklynbor

We have had rain and the roof did not leak  :yahoo:

Block  walls should be finished on second floor this week.

Pic 1 is dirty kitchen sky lights.

Pic 2 is central support wall 2nd floor.

Pic 3 is the smallest bedroom and it is on second  floor.

post-14249-0-30650200-1408075834_thumb.jpg

post-14249-0-64207500-1408075880_thumb.jpg

post-14249-0-46310200-1408075970_thumb.jpg

• Like 2