Sign in to follow this  
riklynbor

Building Using Insulated Roof Panels.

riklynbor

Well I estimate the panels to weigh 40 to 50 kg each so that would make estimated weighr of all panels to be 880kg to 1100 kg. 

Roof not quite finished but getting closer.

Some more pictures included picture requests.

The grey tec screw is from Australia the gold looking one is local.

post-14249-0-49258200-1407240296_thumb.jpg

post-14249-0-39296800-1407240346_thumb.jpg

post-14249-0-58123700-1407240382_thumb.jpg

post-14249-0-11126000-1407240442_thumb.jpg

post-14249-0-24833100-1407240496_thumb.jpg

post-14249-0-37888900-1407240571_thumb.jpg

• Like 8

Headshot

Well I estimate the panels to weigh 40 to 50 kg each so that would make estimated weighr of all panels to be 880kg to 1100 kg. 

Roof not quite finished but getting closer.

Some more pictures included picture requests.

In picture 2 and 3, the interface between the roofing panels and the c-beams (on top of the walls) could use a good bead of white silicon caulk (pressed into the interface to create a smooth surface). It would keep the creepy crawlies out and better seal the house.

Edited by Headshot
  • Like 2

Paul

Excellent workmanship. Looking great!

Tinbum

I have always thought it was necessary to balance the load on the roof framing by putting roofing on both sides of the ridge beam, but you have obviously not done that. Either your roofing is fairly light, or the principle everybody uses is wrong. Thanks for showing this to us.

A few pics of evidence for the other point of view!!! Because these are classic construction ie wood and terracota peg tile, the weight loading is considerably more than the insulated panels. We would often strip off up to 80 sq mtrs on one side for a full refurb leaving the "back side" fully loaded.post-13865-0-90756600-1407303988_thumb.jpgpost-13865-0-26734700-1407304011_thumb.jpgpost-13865-0-72480200-1407304125_thumb.jpg post-13865-0-75192100-1407305412_thumb.jpg

Edited by Tinbum
  • Like 1

Tinbum

Looking at the picture of your tec screws, i think the different thread forms may explain the more efficient action of your Australian sourced screws. This coupled with what you are fixing into . I would consider the local ones to be a true steel type, say 2mm and up thickness, by virtue of the fine thread and your Australian ones to be more of a timber or thin sheet, 2mm and thinner type due to the coarse thread.

The coarser thread will cut more effectivley in sheet steel, but you will have to use caution so as to not overtighten and strip out the sheet steel you are fixing into. You would have major difficulty putting your grey ones through some 8mm plate for instance.

riklynbor

In picture 2 and 3, the interface between the roofing panels and the c-beams (on top of the walls) could use a good bead of white silicon caulk (pressed into the interface to create a smooth surface). It would keep the creepy crawlies out and better seal the house.

Morning all. Well as you can see the house is far from finished and sealer is already on the jobsite for this. But would also like to mention when finished there will be Gyprock / Dry wall/ Gypsum board or whatever people like to call it lol comming up the inside walls to meet up with the ceiling. The webed truss will also be covered in Gyprock sheeting and will have LED lights in it reflecting the light downwards of the ceiling.

post-14249-0-91341900-1407363615_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Paul

Well, hurry up and finish. We are all waiting for the house warming party. :D

• Like 4

riklynbor

Looking at the picture of your tec screws, i think the different thread forms may explain the more efficient action of your Australian sourced screws. This coupled with what you are fixing into . I would consider the local ones to be a true steel type, say 2mm and up thickness, by virtue of the fine thread and your Australian ones to be more of a timber or thin sheet, 2mm and thinner type due to the coarse thread.

The coarser thread will cut more effectivley in sheet steel, but you will have to use caution so as to not overtighten and strip out the sheet steel you are fixing into. You would have major difficulty putting your grey ones through some 8mm plate for instance.

Always use the right screw for the right job i say. I personaly have never heard of any tec screw being used on 8mm plate steel. Saying this I did use the Ozzy screw and put it through the 5mm angle iron of the truss. If you ever used the tec screws here it would not be able to do this as it would certainly snap the instance it grabed anything more than 3mm. I say this with experience. The fine threat screw is made from very brittle steel.

• Like 1

riklynbor

Well, hurry up and finish. We are all waiting for the house warming party. :D

SOunds good to me. But think end next year would be a reasonable deadline. The list of jobs yet to do long to say the least

• Like 1

Paddy

Now showing - LinC's latest production "The Big Ceiling" starring Riklynbor as Michaelangelo and Paul as the Pope..... :)

• Like 5

riklynbor

There is quite a bit of interest in the roof. People come from Maasin city drive up to look then turn around to go back again.

• Like 1

Paddy

I'm not surprised. Based on the pics on page 3 the roof must look pretty impressive. 

riklynbor

Well yesterday was quite a hot day you could not walk on the roof bare footed. So i climbed up under the roof and the underside was lukewarm possibly just air temperature. Under the roof on the 3rd floor is the nicest place to have a break.

Flashing and  ridge caps should arrive today. Then the roof will be finished. 

post-14249-0-92735100-1407445181_thumb.jpg

post-14249-0-88498600-1407445226_thumb.jpg

post-14249-0-93663800-1407445273_thumb.jpg

post-14249-0-31562000-1407445308_thumb.jpg

post-14249-0-79216800-1407445346_thumb.jpg

post-14249-0-61373900-1407445448_thumb.jpg

• Like 6

Enuff

IMHO its almost done. add some screens only.

so beautiful and looks absolutely peaceful.

when I can I see it on agoda.com ?

• Like 1

riklynbor

IMHO its almost done. add some screens only.

so beautiful and looks absolutely peaceful.

when I can I see it on agoda.com ?

Agoda.com lol private use only but the thought had crossed our minds. 

• Like 2