Sign in to follow this  
riklynbor

Building Using Insulated Roof Panels.

riklynbor

Not about panels but still roof. This is a small section next to the roof over the staircase. It will have the water tank on it. I guess you could say our 4th floor lol. We just finished pouring it 2 days ago.

post-14249-0-11362500-1406635261_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

riklynbor

Well the plan was to go home on the weekend but there is so much happening at the building site now I am here I am staying another month. Just returned from extending my visa. More pictures tomorrow night. Rik

• Like 3

Paul

I can't wait to see more images, mate.

Would you please post a couple / few images - wider view, showing the CHB machine? 

• Like 1

riklynbor

I can't wait to see more images, mate.

Would you please post a couple / few images - wider view, showing the CHB machine? 

Ok buddy will do. 

riklynbor

As requested

post-14249-0-56327100-1406868596_thumb.jpg

post-14249-0-62736900-1406868636_thumb.jpg

post-14249-0-72286900-1406868675_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

riklynbor

Some pictures of the truss joints and mounting point.

post-14249-0-53521300-1406868872_thumb.jpg

post-14249-0-61901700-1406868914_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Paddy

Riklynbor - thank you very much for this topic and the pics but, now I have to ask some questions about the operation of the CHB machine (I have never actually seen anyone make CHB):

1. Does it make both 4" and 6" blocks? (Presumably by swapping out the moulds)?
  2. What is the motor for (compression, vibration, or a lifting assist)?
  3. What does the foot pedal control?
  4. Is the flat area to the side of the mould a feed "chute" or a place to slide the just moulded blocks?

I have seen stacks of blocks but none quite so neat (both stack and blocks!) as the stack in one of your earlier pics.

• Like 1

riklynbor

Riklynbor - thank you very much for this topic and the pics but, now I have to ask some questions about the operation of the CHB machine (I have never actually seen anyone make CHB):

1. Does it make both 4" and 6" blocks? (Presumably by swapping out the moulds)?
  2. What is the motor for (compression, vibration, or a lifting assist)?
  3. What does the foot pedal control?
  4. Is the flat area to the side of the mould a feed "chute" or a place to slide the just moulded blocks?

I have seen stacks of blocks but none quite so neat (both stack and blocks!) as the stack in one of your earlier pics.

Yes you can swap moulds but I only have the 4 inch moulds. But to tell you the truth i never even looked how they come out.

The  motor spins a unbalanced shaft that vibrates the table. The blocks after vibrating get stuck quite tight in the machineithe foot pedal breaks that after which the hand lever pushes them out the rest of the way. Yes it is for a chute.

The  neatness of the blocks depends on the operator. My operator is fussy but i dont mind.

I am loading a clip of him using it on Google+ but it is slow. Will give details how to view it later.

• Like 1

I <3 Cebu

Some pictures of the truss joints and mounting point.

Not having a dig, it looks like you know whats going on but did you consider welding in a fillet instead of reo at that joint  ?

Paul

(I have never actually seen anyone make CHB):

Here is a video I just found on Youtube:

• Like 4

Headshot

So tired but there is progress. Fresh pictures hot of the press.

Almost half the roof panels are up.

First impressions are good. Today in the sun roof hot to touch but beautiful and cool underneath. I dont believe any heat made it through the panels. Workers at first were worried to walk on panels but that soon changed after they saw my 100kg body walking on the mounted panels. They soon started walking all over the roof. Glad i brought screws from Australia as the roof tec screws available here would not be up to the task. 0 sagging in the front truss so far even with 5 extra bodies walking on the roof. Very pleased with the results so far. Enjoy the pictures and good night to you all.

There are a lot of lessons in this one post. I have always thought it was necessary to balance the load on the roof framing by putting roofing on both sides of the ridge beam, but you have obviously not done that. Either your roofing is fairly light, or the principle everybody uses is wrong. Thanks for showing this to us.

Could you show us close-up details of how the roofing is attached at the ridge and sidewall?

Edited by Headshot
  • Like 1

riklynbor

There are a lot of lessons in this one post. I have always thought it was necessary to balance the load on the roof framing by putting roofing on both sides of the ridge beam, but you have obviously not done that. Either your roofing is fairly light, or the principle everybody uses is wrong. Thanks for showing this to us.

Could you show us close-up details of how the roofing is attached at the ridge and sidewall?

The origional plan was to install panels in a balanced method but found this was not possible. Unlike normal sheets of tin thes panels lock together and can only be layed in one direction. We had planned to start on both sides at the rear and work our way forward but found out this was not possible,. Well i guess possible but very hard and not without damaging panels .So the only remaining choice was start one side of the rear then go to front then swap sides and go from front to rear.

The  panels are screwed with 4 inch tec screws into purlins which are dyna bolted and welded to rebar along the top of the beams. They bolts are spaced at 600mm  and are 3/4 bolts. At the pitch also the panels are directly screwed into the webed truss.

10 x 4 inch heavey duty tec screws per panel then the panels are joined along the seam by 14 pop rivets.

Ill try get some pitures for you.

So the 

• Like 1

Hy H

So tired but there is progress. Fresh pictures hot of the press.

Almost half the roof panels are up.

First impressions are good. Today in the sun roof hot to touch but beautiful and cool underneath. I dont believe any heat made it through the panels. Workers at first were worried to walk on panels but that soon changed after they saw my 100kg body walking on the mounted panels. They soon started walking all over the roof. Glad i brought screws from Australia as the roof tec screws available here would not be up to the task. 0 sagging in the front truss so far even with 5 extra bodies walking on the roof. Very pleased with the results so far. Enjoy the pictures and good night to you all.

Hopefully you Take that gladwrap off before it gets baked to the sheets.

Hy H

Here is a video I just found on Youtube:

Looks like these guys are learning the ropes them self`s.