Sign in to follow this  
riklynbor

Building Using Insulated Roof Panels.

riklynbor

Yep some nice views alright can sit upstairs just looking. 

post-14249-0-37838900-1406377693_thumb.jpg

post-14249-0-51941400-1406377786_thumb.jpg

post-14249-0-35813900-1406377861_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

Hy H

Got you own choco hills there mate.  Not bbaaad !

How`s your power, town water n poo tanks situations there?

Looking likeable area for enough rainwater to live off? 

riklynbor

We have power but a bit unreliable about 4 brown outs a week. No town water but put a bore with jetmatic in rear dirty kitchen and a submersible pump in bore out front. We all drink that water. Pouring small 4th floor slab for water tank tomorrow. You can see Sogod bay out back to the left.

Poo tank and plumbing all taken care of.

post-14249-0-51475700-1406379750_thumb.jpg

post-14249-0-99194300-1406379801_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Headshot

Yep some nice views alright can sit upstairs just looking. 

Nice? If I had those views, I might never come down from the third floor.

We have power but a bit unreliable about 4 brown outs a week. No town water but put a bore with jetmatic in rear dirty kitchen and a submersible pump in bore out front. We all drink that water. Pouring small 4th floor slab for water tank tomorrow. You can see Sogod bay out back to the left.

When you say "bore" I take it you mean you had wells drilled?

riklynbor

Yes one is 60 feet the other 120 feet.

Headshot

With the unreliable power, a quiet backup generator would probably be a good idea...especially where you are using well water.

Hy H

When you say "bore" I take it you mean you had wells drilled?

Same same.

Well water in Oz  is called bore water,  wells drilled / bores bored, both with a well rig.  LOL !

• Like 4

riklynbor

With the unreliable power, a quiet backup generator would probably be a good idea...especially where you are using well water.

That is where the jetmatic comes in handy

• Like 2

Headshot

That is where the jetmatic comes in handy

Awwww...got it.

Ummm...what exactly is a Jetmatic, how does it work and how is it powered?

Edited by Headshot
  • Like 2

riklynbor

Well a Jetmatic is an old-fashioned hand pump. We installed one in our dirty kitchen.

post-14249-0-39669100-1406435377_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

oztony

Ah yes , the good ol dragon pump , have got one the same , most the guy's that do the well's there recommend them

• Like 1

thebob

Ah yes , the good ol dragon pump , have got one the same , most the guy's that do the well's there recommend them

Easy enough to mechanise it with a flywheel and an appropriate sized motor if you want to, and still be able to hand pump in a brownout. Electric pumps are just a PITA when they break down.

• Like 1

DeRail

you have been doing a wonderful job on your build. I see you put a lot of thought into what you wanted I am currently in the planning stages myself we have bought our lot in Valencia with a area of 1749 sqm. but before we build our home i want to build our wall for securty of our materials by my Calculations i will need almost 50K CHB just for the fence walls, but in reading other posts the quilaty of the CHB is not very good so i was planing on buying a CHB machine and manufacturing our own to get t a better block.

1,Where did you buy your machine?

2.what did you think of the quilaty of it and the product it produced?

3.On average how many blocks were your workers able to manufacture in a day?

thank you in advance

DeRail

• Like 1

riklynbor

you have been doing a wonderful job on your build. I see you put a lot of thought into what you wanted I am currently in the planning stages myself we have bought our lot in Valencia with a area of 1749 sqm. but before we build our home i want to build our wall for securty of our materials by my Calculations i will need almost 50K CHB just for the fence walls, but in reading other posts the quilaty of the CHB is not very good so i was planing on buying a CHB machine and manufacturing our own to get t a better block.

1,Where did you buy your machine?

2.what did you think of the quilaty of it and the product it produced?

3.On average how many blocks were your workers able to manufacture in a day?

thank you in advance

DeRail

I purchased my machine online from Manila through sulit with the pan mixer. 

Machine was ok but motor position was quite bad and problematic so I modified it's position. We have no problems now.

We use a 1 to 5 mix which gives you 27 to 30 blocks per bag of cement. These are load bearing blocks.

I tried weaker mixes but was not happy with them.

2 workers with machine will make 300 or more in a 8 hour day. 

post-14249-0-83594400-1406494129_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

Daddy
riklynbor

May I suggest you put a temporary "leg" under the truss as insurance. Perhaps make it a bit short so you can tell if there is any deflection in the truss. Just a thought. It looks like you are doing a great job and have wonderful views. Enjoy mate.

• Like 1