Building Using Insulated Roof Panels.

riklynbor

Well Jon it is like chineese to me this imperial stuff but thanks anyway.

I think your calculation roughly of the top of my head works out to 120kg per square meter and I have no concerns with that. Especially since the roofing company recomended thiner 0.4mm steel top and bottom and I ordered 0.6mm steel boh sides for my roof design.

I have no concerns about my roof there is a double concrete wall in the middle with a steel post all the way to the top and holding the central webbed beam. I had a local roof builder/inspector working full time for me and he made some minor changes and he was happy with the finished product. I even put in more fastners after he was done. You will find it hard to find a stronger roof in Philippines.

The original roof was designed with flimsy angle iron and thin guage steel. This roof is a much better option.

Regards Rik

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• riklynbor

• Headshot

• Paul

• Hy H

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So tired but there is progress. Fresh pictures hot of the press. Almost half the roof panels are up. First impressions are good. Today in the sun roof hot to touch but beautiful and cool underneath.

I haven't been this excited about pictures since I found my dad's playboy magazine at 9 yrs old.thanks

I am still around. The 8 meter wide folding doors are installed and look magnificent. The whole house is to be proud of. Still building it as we save money. No I am not on the Dole and nobody is givi

Posted Images

riklynbor

We had quite a storm come through about a week ago and at the moment the roof is vulnerable and like a open parachute and it had no problems with the strong winds.

• Like 1
Well Jon it is like chineese to me this imperial stuff but thanks anyway. I think your calculation roughly of the top of my head works out to 120kg per square meter and I have no concerns with that.

Hi Rik,

Congratulations on your build of a fine looking house and thanks for posting so much useful stuff.

My post was not meant to be critical in any way and doesn't suggest that your roof is underdesigned, overdesigned, or just right.

I just thought that I would toss the odd fact in amongst all the opinions - I tend to do that occasionally - Lol!

Cheers, Jon

Edited by Oz Jon
riklynbor

That is ok Jon I did not feel criticized so no harm done.

My skin is thicker than that.

In fact I learned a lot in this forum and thank the members for their feedback.

I even made some minor changes due to feedback given.

This is a great place to bring forward ideas and get different view points to make a decision.

Just hope when its finished you all come over for a visit.

Regards Rik

• Like 2
riklynbor

Not having a dig, it looks like you know whats going on but did you consider welding in a fillet instead of reo at that joint ?

Missed this question before?

The reo or rebar you see there is part of the house structure and comes up all the way from the foundation it then comes up through holes in the truss and then welded in place making the trusses part of the house structure. Decided to do this as I was sure it would be stronger than bolts this way.

post-14249-0-17550700-1419320147_thumb.jpg

Edited by riklynbor
  • Like 2
  • 10 months later...

It is almost 12 months since last report

Is it finished as it looks like you were making great progress?

It has to be the nicest house I have seen in the provinces.

Looking forward to the finished house photos

• Like 1
oztony

It is almost 12 months since last report

Is it finished as it looks like you were making great progress?

It has to be the nicest house I have seen in the provinces.

Looking forward to the finished house photos

Dont hold your breath Bazza , Ryk appears to have left us , loooong story.....

• Like 4
  • 5 months later...
riklynbor

I am still around. The 8 meter wide folding doors are installed and look magnificent. The whole house is to be proud of.

Still building it as we save money. No I am not on the Dole and nobody is giving me money to build. The reason I left was due to some members trolling me. I have had multiple operations and need 2 more to repair my spine. Even though I told them 100% the truth they made up lies about me causing trouble and suffering in my life that was undeserved. I hope by saying this it will not happen to other members.I am on a pension and work hard with disabled kids. Construction happens as we can afford it.

I am sorry for those who enjoyed my posts and will not see it. I will however start a channel on YouTube of all of our construction from the beginning. I am so proud of my life my Filipina wife and how we live.

https://www.youtube.com/user/kclynrob

Not sure when I will start but I will as soon as I am able. Thanks to those members who supported me.

Regards Rik

• Like 8
Paul

NOTE FOR MEMBERS: If ANYONE starts in causing trouble in this thread, you will be banned from this site.

Not sure when I will start but I will as soon as I am able. Thanks to those members who supported me.

Rik, if you want to do that, it is fine, posting the link here. However, I hope you will have the decency to replace the missing videos you deleted from a great thread, as well.

Edited by Paul
  • Like 2
riklynbor

Those same clips will be there as well but as they were deleted the web address will be different all going well I will replace them. But it may be a while before I do i due to having a lot on my plate. Regards Rik

• Like 2
towboat72

I will look forward to seeing your posts again

• Like 1
billy

I am still around. The 8 meter wide folding doors are installed and look magnificent. The whole house is to be proud of.

Still building it as we save money. No I am not on the Dole and nobody is giving me money to build. The reason I left was due to some members trolling me. I have had multiple operations and need 2 more to repair my spine. Even though I told them 100% the truth they made up lies about me causing trouble and suffering in my life that was undeserved. I hope by saying this it will not happen to other members.I am on a pension and work hard with disabled kids. Construction happens as we can afford it.

I am sorry for those who enjoyed my posts and will not see it. I will however start a channel on YouTube of all of our construction from the beginning. I am so proud of my life my Filipina wife and how we live.

https://www.youtube.com/user/kclynrob

Regards Rik

Hi Rik i just want to say i followed your post of your new home and really liked it you are doing a great job. Dont let others ever bother you like that your a good guy. There just jealous. I want to say good luck on your medical care and look forward to your continued posting and i think a lot of people here also enjoyed seeing the construction of your home. Thanks

• Like 4
  • 2 weeks later...
riklynbor

Hi Rik i just want to say i followed your post of your new home and really liked it you are doing a great job. Dont let others ever bother you like that your a good guy. There just jealous. I want to say good luck on your medical care and look forward to your continued posting and i think a lot of people here also enjoyed seeing the construction of your home. Thanks

I don't want to talk about it to much but they caused massive stress on my family as if we don't have enough stress with my health and with our disabled son. They took it upon themselves to report us and we had to prove our innocence. Which we did by the way but not without it almost destroying our family. Please people be happy with yourself and don't concern yourself with others you do not know nothing about. I have said my peace. Regards Rik

Paul

I don't want to talk about it to much but they caused massive stress on my family as if we don't have enough stress with my health and with our disabled son. They took it upon themselves to report us and we had to prove our innocence. Which we did by the way but not without it almost destroying our family. Please people be happy with yourself and don't concern yourself with others you do not know nothing about. I have said my peace. Regards Rik

I understand that. But, at least send me the links to the videos, and I will be happy to put them back up. Without the videos, this topic is no where near as useful as it was. Otherwise, you are merely advertising your Youtube channel, if you have no intention of adding the videos back.

riklynbor

They are not loaded online yet Paul due to the interference of some members I deleted them from the internet everywhere. For reasons I cannot discuss it will be a couple of months before I will be loading them again. Thanks for your patience.