Sign in to follow this  
throttleplate

I Caught a Pickpocket With my Wallet in His Hand

Paul

You, sir, are a much better man than I.

• Like 3

throttleplate

to add to the story I was wearing cargo pants and my wallet was in the big cargo pocket with the pocket flap held down by 2 small Velcro strips,easy to get into while being squished in a trike and looking the other way telling driver to stop.If the old man would have been successful he would have gotten my 800 php,ph drivers license and acr card which I just got 2 weeks ago.

I let the old man and driver off easy as they failed and I didn't want to punch out the old man and possibly hurt him and end up in or at a jail.I learned a lesson today,dont trust old innocent looking folks and don't put wallet in big cargo pocket.

• Like 1

agent17

Don't trust anyone you don't know.  Young or old.

• Like 1

I <3 Cebu

moral of the story: just take a towel & money for fare swimming :-)

Headshot

Go back to the trike area and ask the other drivers why they didn't warn you about this pair of thieves. Then ask who the guys who tried to rob you are. That should be good for another story.

Edited by Headshot

miles-high

don't put wallet in big cargo pocket

Glad to hear you did not lose your wallet... Now the time again to get into our heated discussions re man bags... :D

https://images.search.yahoo.com/search/images;_ylt=A0SO805vFsFTJnIA6JBXNyoA;_ylu=X3oDMTB0MHFpYWZ0BHNlYwNzYwRjb2xvA2dxMQR2dGlkA1ZJUDI4Ml8x?_adv_prop=image&fr=yfp-t-901&va=man+bags

Don't trust anyone you don't know.  Young or old

...or male or female... ;)

smokey

moral of the story: just take a towel & money for fare swimming :-)

Note to self forget public transportation

• Like 4

Monsoon

Better stick with ole Sniper...

• Like 3

Tamed

which area is this, it sounds like the trike riders play a big part in your life, I remember you had some issues with sniper recently. Maybe you could consider buying your own bike and getting them out of your life? 

• Like 2

sjp

when ever I am around people I have my hand on my wallet. Its become a habit. Just like when ever I,m around women I have my hand on my......

• Like 2

woodchopper

when ever I am around people I have my hand on my wallet. Its become a habit. Just like when ever I,m around women I have my hand on my......

pocket zipper??????

• Like 1

batman2525

No,my regulator guy named sniper wasn't around

Again......

davehud

Sounds like the pickpocket already knew what pocket you kept your wallet in. Maybe a trike driver told him...

ozboy

This reminds me about my second day in Cebu. I just exchanged $100 to pesos at a money exchange in Tabanok and boarded a jeepney. A big guy followed and sat near me. Then another guy decided to sit near the big fella and we had to shuffle along the bench. At the next stop they both got off and there was my wallet sitting on the seat. Thankfully he only took the money and left my cards, but more so that I never caught him or it may have turned ugly....