Sign in to follow this  
Paul

Overstay Advice Needed

zdr

Sir. Smokey, is it okay if I will come next week? What days are you available? And will I be able to pay everything back, plus extension my visa with 50 k?

Thank you so much!

USMC-Retired

I went down with Smokey and his wife. We did not clear it up right then. Yet I was introduced to the right people and took the fear out. Thus when I went back 2 months later we knew what to expect and was not taken advantage of. We paid all fees and expected to exit the country in 24 hours. My last stamp was May 2010 and next stamp was April 2013. Now there are some optional things I was only hit once for but could have gone every month or annually, 1. ACR Card 2. Motion of reconsideration 3. Overstay Fee. The rest was just normal fees I paid 66,000 pesos. Smokey is not offering a fixer and you should never get one for this. You need someone like Smokey to ensure you are not being taken advantage of and the situtation is getting cleared up legally. I am very greatful to him and his wife. Your mileage may vary as I also within contact with a PH Senator,

Edited by USMC-Retired
  • Like 2

mabutiman

As long as the full amount owing and overstay fines are paid ....you will be allowed to stay ....that is about 99% sure ...

hyaku

My wife and I never use our passports when we travel around within the Philippines, just drivers licenses and have never had a problem with any airline, now with that said, it is more fun in the Philippines so who knows if it might happen to someone else. Probably best to have the Filipino partner walk up and hand in the tickets and id's.

Me neither. That's what the iCard is for. They ask for ID I show my driving license. Domestic flights has nothing to do with BI. Unless some airport check in clerk "thinks" they are BI.

Paul

Okay. So, we are pretty certain that she can jump on a plane, if necessary, to get to Cebu. She can do this completely unmolested by the officials, who will not care anything about her current visa status. 

I have sent an email to her, and a PM to her and Robert. Now, the decision is up to her. 

I have seen her photo, by the way. She is quite a lovely girl. I hope her boyfriend realizes what kind of young woman she is and how much she cares for him.

smokey

Sir. Smokey, is it okay if I will come next week? What days are you available? And will I be able to pay everything back, plus extension my visa with 50 k?

Thank you so much!

now that is a loaded question and in possible to say after we are willing to go with you to BI and we are willing to go in first to find out what you need to know but we are not going to be paying the bill so with that said any time is fine

• Like 3

zdr

Because I have also my ticket back in case they want me to leave. And that flight is next July 25.

Paddy

Now, to answer your question, nothing. But, people at the airports do NOT look at your visa page when on a domestic flight, because:    1. They are not interested in doing so, because it has nothing to do with their jobs. 2. They have no authority regarding in the first place. I mean, what airline employee is going to give two shits about a visa stamp in your passport? 3. You do not go through customs or immigration.  So, again, WHY would they look at my visa? 

Good points - but...

My trip back to Canada last week started at 5am at Masbate airport for a domestic flight to Manila. In previous years, I have only needed to show my e-ticket to get into the "terminal". This year, no e-ticket but folks were being asked to show ID. I routinely show my passport as ID when travelling by air so I did. The security guard then said "Sir, may I borrow your passport?" 

My immediate thought was "this is a security guard so not only no, but hell no". What I said was "for what purpose?". A total failure of communication ensued. However, my suitcase was being carried by one of the porters who has done it for me every year for the last 4/5 years. He said something and in we went (with noone borrowing my passport).

I came back out after checking in to spend the last 30 mins or so with my partner. She seemed quite concerned that I had said "no" to the security guard and mentioned something about the police. My reaction to that was that if the police wanted to see/record information from my passport, then a policeman should ask me - not a security guard. She also said the other foreigner catching the flight handed over his passport which was then given to someone just inside the terminal for a short while. The two of us, by the way, were the only ones asked about passports. Filipinos on the flight were typically showing some non-passport ID.

When I eventually went back into the "terminal", the security guard carefully avoided my eyes, didn't ask for ID or anything else so I just went in :)

I have no idea what information the police may have wished to record, but they could have easily studied the visa page, if they had wanted to and if I had allowed my passport to be borrowed.

Next time, I will have my Filipino drivers license. I'll try using that as ID and see what happens :)

Paul

Fair enough. But, I doubt, again, as to them wishing to view your passport to check it for a valid visa. 

Not to mention, in reality, the ONLY people you really have to even show your passport to, are immigration officials. Most police, certainly in the Philippines, wouldn't have a clue as to what a visa was, or what it may even look like. 

For the record, I have refused to show police my passport in the past. 

In her case, it will not matter anyway, as she has decided to take another form of transportation to Cebu. 

NOSOCALPINOY

Fair enough. But, I doubt, again, as to them wishing to view your passport to check it for a valid visa. 

Not to mention, in reality, the ONLY people you really have to even show your passport to, are immigration officials. Most police, certainly in the Philippines, wouldn't have a clue as to what a visa was, or what it may even look like. 

For the record, I have refused to show police my passport in the past. 

In her case, it will not matter anyway, as she has decided to take another form of transportation to Cebu. 

It seems that she's not taking any chances with airport officials and going by land and ferry, even though airfare from Negros to Cebu shouldn't be that expensive!

Anyway, good luck to her and hope she straightens out her predicament, be able to stay and get a refund on her return ticket!     

Paddy

I agree with everything you have said Paul.

This passport thing seemed to be specific to Masbate airport and the police (PNP) on Masbate. I have no idea whether they are interested in tracking foreigner movements or checking visas (there is no BI office on the island). Nothing similar happened when I took domestic flights from Manila or Legazpi.

However, if you wish to avoid whatever the PNP on Masbate are interested in, just arrive and depart by ferry. The only paperwork I was asked for at the port the couple of times I used the fast ferry to Pilar was my ticket.

• Like 1

Paul

It seems that she's not taking any chances with airport officials and going by land and ferry, even though airfare from Negros to Cebu shouldn't be that expensive!

I think it was a matter of money. She said the ticket was something like Php 5,000?