Sign in to follow this  
Paul

Overstay Advice Needed

smokey

I have never been arrested in my life.

This is the only serious situation I got myself into. And I am so scared! My fiancee has a really good job and we could have a perfect life here.

I am now living some place else because we moved.

But If you can assure me that you could help me with this. I could go to Cebu.

But maybe its just not a good idea to take an airplane. Because of my visa.

But do you think that if I can prove why I could not pay my visa. And I will pay them back. I could stay?

I saved 55 k. Would this be enough for 1 year and almost two months?

Thank you and your wife so so much!!

well cebu is where she has friends in BI so if you want her to go with you its cebu ... or i should say mandue BI does anyone know if its open up again . I just asked her and she said ... if she comes here i am willing to go with her to BI and i will go inside first to make sure its ok , i dont know her and if there are things she does not tell us i am sorry , She has no idea on the fee till you present them with the info and they look it up and that is the fee up to that day... if you change your mind and dont settle it will be higher next time you do go... But its mandue BI and i dont think they care about the why as much as the follow the law and pay what you owe...  yes she will go with you and that is the extent of her help ...

Edited by smokey

NOSOCALPINOY
zdr,

Since my OP does not apply to your situation to remedy your predicament, it's not an issue at this point in time.

I assume you are the original poster that Paul posted your first comments/concerns for you on your behalf!

I and others on here need more details to go on in order to help you of your predicament that you are in. Most of your comments are too general in nature and we do not really know the full scope of your situation other than you have overstayed due to insufficient funds. 

Since we all now know that you are female and just came to the Philippines with your companion (BF/fiance), but is he a Filipino and or dual citizen? I would assume he is one or the other since he had a one-way ticket and you required a follow-on ticket and I assume you are an American citizen, but what's your birthright? Any Filipino heritage? Just curious, but would help us to know just in case.  

Anyway, how long have you now overstayed? You mentioned in your last post one year and 2 months, is that the case? Immigration are now more lenient with tourists who have over stayed and it's just a matter of going a BI Regional office in Manila, Cebu or Davao and let them know of your situation and may just be able to pay the fines and continue to stay in the Philippines with a tourist visa extension either the every 2 months up to 24 months or the every 6 month extension up to 36 months, it's your choice if the BI office will give you either options. Good luck!    

Monsoon

I have never been arrested in my life.

This is the only serious situation I got myself into. And I am so scared! My fiancee has a really good job and we could have a perfect life here.

I am now living some place else because we moved.

But If you can assure me that you could help me with this. I could go to Cebu.

But maybe its just not a good idea to take an airplane. Because of my visa.

But do you think that if I can prove why I could not pay my visa. And I will pay them back. I could stay?

I saved 55 k. Would this be enough for 1 year and almost two months?

Thank you and your wife so so much!!

You want advice. So you should give sufficient information for the membership to provide such. 

For example, the first question I would ask you is, "What passport do you travel on? (i.e. your citizenship). "

You having a Filipino fiancee means nothing whereas having a Filipino husband would mean something. But as far as I can tell from your very cryptic messages you have been here just over a year (overstay)  - I think if you turn up with your Filipino partner in tow and just pay the fines and smile you will be OK. But that recommendation is based on the very limited details you have provided.  - in other words - we only know a few details, which are: You are a person, you arrived in the Philippines, you over stayed your alloted admission period (we do not even know if you were on a visa waiver or something else), you have a Filipino partner, you are short on cash. 

The following could happen to you:

1 . Pay the extension fees owed plus fines and carry on.

2. Pay the extension fees owed plus fines and be told you must leave (in which case you MAY be allowed back in when you return).

3. Be arrested and detained in immigration jail indefinitely. 

The most likely is option 1 or 2. 

zdr

I am A Belgian Citizen, I am now staying in Negros.

I also booked a ticket back to Belgium. Just in case they want me to leave the country. My visa is just a tourist visa.

NOSOCALPINOY
Looks like Smokey's offer for his wife to help you is the best offer I've heard yet, but you have to get to Cebu first without being found out by any BI officials at the airport, because if they see your expired visa, they will detain you for sure!  

Have you even tried calling or emailing a BI official at the main BI office or at your nearest local BI office in your area and see what they have to say about your predicament or if they will help you without you getting detained and or even deported which is unlikely, but no one never know how BI officials will react about overstaying tourists without sufficient funds, which is a requirement, but often ignored and overlooked!     

Good luck! I hope you get it all straighten out and can stay a while longer until you get married!  

smokey

Looks like Smokey's offer for his wife to help you is the best offer I've heard yet, but you have to get to Cebu first without being found out by any BI officials at the airport, because if they see your expired visa, they will detain you for sure!  

Have you even tried calling or emailing a BI official at the main BI office or at your nearest local BI office in your area and see what they have to say about your predicament or if they will help you without you getting detained and or even deported which is unlikely, but no one never know how BI officials will react about overstaying tourists without sufficient funds, which is a requirement, but often ignored and overlooked!     

Good luck! I hope you get it all straighten out and can stay a while longer until you get married!

I would call your local office first and dont be so paranoid its almost always about the money

• Like 1

smokey

I am A Belgian Citizen, I am now staying in Negros.

I also booked a ticket back to Belgium. Just in case they want me to leave the country. My visa is just a tourist visa.

Unless your wanted its not as much drama as you think have your bf go inside and ask

• Like 1

zdr

Yes he will go to the BI here tomorrow with his friend and they will ask what they could do.

I have called the main office in Manila last Friday and they told me to go to the nearest BI office.

• Like 2

Paul

On a domestic flight within the Philippines, I have NEVER had anyone look at my visa. My ID page of the passport? Yes. Visa? No. Never.

Edited by Paul
Bold and clarification
  • Like 2

NOSOCALPINOY

On a domestic flight, I have NEVER had anyone look at my visa. My ID page of the passport? Yes. Visa? No. Never.

You mentioned that they looked at your passport's I.D. page! What's to prevent them from looking at your current visa page? 

Actually, when my wife and I went to Cebu from Manila, we didn't even have our passports! Probably because we both look like Filipino citizens and my wife actually is! :banghead:  

Paul
You mentioned that they looked at your passport's I.D. page! What's to prevent them from looking at your current visa page? 

I say passport, because it is the only ID i usually carry with me, aside from my driver's license. I have found that, being a foreigner in the Philippines, it's better to show my passport than my driver's license. Makes for fewer questions, mostly. 

Now, to answer your question, nothing. But, people at the airports do NOT look at your visa page when on a domestic flight, because: 

1. They are not interested in doing so, because it has nothing to do with their jobs.

2. They have no authority regarding in the first place. I mean, what airline employee is going to give two shits about a visa stamp in your passport?

3. You do not go through customs or immigration. 

So, again, WHY would they look at my visa? 

Well, I will say this. I started traveling in the Philippines in the very early 2000s. Until 2012, when I left the country last, I NEVER, not once EVER had any airline personnel look any further than at the ID page of my passport. They do so, solely for the purpose of ID, nothing more. 

Actually, when my wife and I went to Cebu from Manila, we didn't even have our passports! Probably because we both look like Filipino citizens and my wife actually is!

This is a luxury you have available to you. As a good looking, charming, very white guy with a bald - white head, I can't really pass as a Filipino, no matter how much Cebuano I may say to them. Funny how that works. :D

Edited by Paul

Lee

My wife and I never use our passports when we travel around within the Philippines, just drivers licenses and have never had a problem with any airline, now with that said, it is more fun in the Philippines so who knows if it might happen to someone else. Probably best to have the Filipino partner walk up and hand in the tickets and id's. 

ancienrocka

Go with Smokey's offer - it is your best bet by a mile!

Monsoon

I can't remember the last time I took my passport with me for a domestic flight. I always just show my DL.