Sign in to follow this  
Paul

Overstay Advice Needed

Paul
Greetings: 

The person quoted below contacted me by email today. Obviously, this person is an overstaying alien. I am posting this here to ask for the membership of this site to give him / her the best advice they can. This person is pretty concerned about being deported. Please offer the best advice you can for him / her. 

I am emailing them a link to this thread, so they can read the advice given.

Thanks,

My name is XXXXXXXXXX. I am XXX years old.

I arrived in the Philippines on XXXXXXXXXX.

I overstayed since XXXXXXXXXXXXX. I am living here with my XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX.

We could not extend my visa the first months because of money issues. And I don't have any family in my country who could help me. I am a XXXXXXXXX citizen.

We were first living in XXXXXX. And because my XXXXXXXXX got a job offer here in XXXXXXXXX we moved.

So we started saving money to pay my back fees.

I have now saved XXXXXXXXX. And I really want to pay my visa so I could stay here.

My XXXXXXXXXX has a really good job now so we could keep on paying my visa every month.

I could also start working there. They told me I could start working in their company as soon as I payed my visa. They told me they would help me with a working visa so I would never have any problems again.

I am really scared to go to the BI here in XXXXXXXXX. Because I heard stories about people being deported. 

It was really not my attention to over stay and to break the laws. I am so happy here in the Philippines.

also my fiancee and I are planning to get married here on XXXXXXXXXXX.

what should I do to pay my visa back and extend it?

And is XXXXXXXXXX peso enough? 

Thank you so much!

smokey

Well in cebu a person can go to BI and let someone else go in first to make sure its not a one way visit and if you have all the $$$ to pay the back owed its very possible We went in for tim and assured the BI he was a solid guy and they accepted his back $$ and he was able to stay till he was ready to go

• Like 1

Salty Dog

I think there is some time limit where they get serious about deportation. Seems to be as long as several years overstay though.

I know a guy who is 3 years over and is just about to get his GFs fiance visa. The only thing left is her interview.

I'm curious to see what happens when they try to leave.

Edited by Salty Dog

NOSOCALPINOY
It would seem as I understand this Operations Order No. SBM-00 that aliens who have overstayed their visa and have been detained, may not be deported as long they fall under the following exceptions stated  below and have paid the penalties of their overstaying!
For those though who have already been detained, processed and deported to their home country will not be able to return to the Philippines after a year unless the BI have taken them off of the Philippine Immigration "Black List"! 

https://www.facebook.com/officialbureauofimmigration/posts/373669709438409?stream_ref=10

Bureau of Immigration, Republic of the Philippines
March 26, 2014 

Bureau of Immigration (BI) Commissioner Siegfred B. Mison issued Operations Order No. SBM-2014-0014 dated 19 March 2014 

Regarding the implementation of final order of deportation to address pleadings and motions for the reopening of deportation cases.

Said Operations Order prescribed the immediate implementation of all Deportation Orders which become final and executory. It also stipulated that supervening events shall not cause the reopening of deportation cases, xcept for highly meritorious cases, cases such as:

(i) The fact that the alien has a Filipino wife and or children

(ii) The advanced age of the alien

(iii) Alien’s deteriorating health

It further states that, the final deportation orders against fugitive aliens shall remain effective notwithstanding their embassies’ subsequent certifications that they are no longer fugitives.

smokey

I think there is some time limit where they get serious about deportation. Seems to be as long as several years overstay though.

I know a guy who is 3 years over and is just about to get his GFs fiance visa. The only thing left is her interview.

I'm curious to see what happens when they try to leave.

its up to the BI officer you get ... and if you have been a bad boy or not...

Paul

Well in cebu a person can go to BI and let someone else go in first to make sure its not a one way visit and if you have all the $$$ to pay the back owed its very possible We went in for tim and assured the BI he was a solid guy and they accepted his back $$ and he was able to stay till he was ready to go

The overstay period is about 1 year, 1 month. I think they have about Php 50,000 saved for the fees. I don't think it will cost that much, though.

Salty Dog

The overstay period is about 1 year, 1 month. I think they have about Php 50,000 saved for the fees. I don't think it will cost that much, though.

I think it's all the normal fees that would have been paid, plus P500 a month late fee, plus P500 for a motion of reconsideration.

smokey

not to long of an overstay ... step one go to BI ... step two have someone go inside and find out how much he owes... step three if he has enough money go inside and pay and promise not to be stupid again ,,, location ?

Edited by smokey
  • Like 2

Woolf

From immigration web site

http://immigration.gov.ph/index.php/visa-requirements/non-immigrant-visa/temporary-visitor-visa/extension-of-authorized-stay-beyond-59-days

Note:

• Fine for Overstaying – (additional) Php 500.00 per month

• Motion for Reconsideration for Overstaying – (additional) Php 500.00

• Like 2

Brucewayne

From what I have heard, Cebu is the best place to start, as certain offices seem to be a bit stricter on over stayers.

shadow

For the most part, they just want their money. Figure about P2500 per month, pay it, plan on an exit (may or may not be required), and you are home free. If you are married to a Filipina all the better.

zdr

Thank you all so much for the advice and the help help!

A few days ago I posted something about my experience on an other forum. And people are telling me that I am a criminal. And that I need to pay for what I've done.

I know that you can better avoid things like this.

But they just don't know the whole story.

I am a decent girl. And would never do anything against the law (or just not on purpose).

My fiancee and I came to the Philippines with only a little bit of savings.

And without any support of our families.

We both had a one way ticket, and he could enter the Philippines with a one way ticket but not me.

Someone of the airport in (I think she was a manager) she felt pity for us. So she told us that we just needed to book a return ticket online so we would not have any problems when arriving in Manila. Because you need to prove that you will leave the country in 21 days. 

She paid it with her credit card and we just gave her almost our only savings.

A ticket from Manila to our place was at that time 29 000 pesos.

She also gave us her card so we could always contact her if we had any questions.

I think she would still remember us, so she could also confirm that this really happened.

I know it might sound really impulsive that we've spend our last money on a ticket and just went to Cebu with only 80 euro. That's equal to 

4500 peso I guess.

A friend of my fiancee who owns an apartment helped us out.

He told us to pay the deposit for the apartment later on. And he also gave us some money to start with . Like furniture,food and money for our fare. Which we needed to pay him back. So that was like our first two months salary.

(Because I was not working the first two moths)

We both had a job at that time.

And my previous employee told me that they would take care of a working visa.

She told me that I needed to do a one month trial. But after one month I asked her if we could arrange the working visa. And she told me not to worry and to give her one month extra.

But they never did help me with this.

They did gave us a contact number of a guy who was working before in the BI of Cebu.

but he asked us 50 000 peso. And I did not had 50 000 peso at that time.

I have been very sick for the past few years and we also spend A LOT of money on hospital care.

If it might help they can also contact the hospital.

Or my previous employee. Who can confirm everything.

Because I was so sick I could not work any more.

So the only income we had was from my fiancee.

We just had bad luck!

His previous salary was not bad.. we could've paid everything if we did not needed to buy a return ticket for me with our last money.

And if we did not spend so much money on hospital care we would not have any problem.

So we could've paid the BI 50 000 peso and it was okay.

My mother died when I was 5 years old. And my father has a really big alcohol problem.

So no one was able to help us out.

We just needed to take care of it by ourselves.

So it really hurts if people are telling me that I am a criminal! Because it was really not my attention to hurt anyone or break the law.

I really hope that someone can help me.

Because I really don't want to leave, this is my home.

I have saved enough money now.

But I am just so scared to go to the BI.

Monsoon

A bit late now but there was no need to buy a 29k ticket. The requirement is to have an onward ticket not a ticket back to where you came from. An onward ticket can be bought for as little as 2000 pesos or less.

• Like 1

zdr

I have never been arrested in my life.

This is the only serious situation I got myself into. And I am so scared! My fiancee has a really good job and we could have a perfect life here.

I am now living some place else because we moved.

But If you can assure me that you could help me with this. I could go to Cebu.

But maybe its just not a good idea to take an airplane. Because of my visa.

But do you think that if I can prove why I could not pay my visa. And I will pay them back. I could stay?

I saved 55 k. Would this be enough for 1 year and almost two months?

Thank you and your wife so so much!!