Sign in to follow this  
ancienrocka

Warning - Don't risk having no onward ticket when coming to the Philippines

TheWhiteKnight

To my knowledge there are few if any Asian countries who offer tourists a visa for more than 12 months. Prior to me finally residing here a few years ago I traveled to the Philippines many times and was never asked if I had an outward ticket. Of course I always had one on hand if asked. 

Again I traveled out and back into the Philippines late 2016 and was not asked if I have an outward ticket. I usually fly either Philippine Airlines or Singapore airlines.... I think the airlines presume most travelers do have an outward ticket so don't ask. Anyway why take the risk by not buying one....

I'm asked every time at the check in counter. In PH they never ask me, they even get annoyed when I hand in extra papers to the immigration officer. The airlines care the most because it's them that face the 10K US fine for bringing someone without a return ticket. Perhaps the airline didn't bother asking you because your onward ticket was booked on that same itinerary.

Woolf
To my knowledge there are few if any Asian countries who offer tourists a visa for more than 12 months.

'

In the philippines you can extend your tourist visa/stay-permit  up to a total of 36 months

it was 16 months a before

Edited by Woolf

KennyF

Again I traveled out and back into the Philippines late 2016 and was not asked if I have an outward ticket. I usually fly either Philippine Airlines or Singapore airlines.... I think the airlines presume most travelers do have an outward ticket so don't ask. Anyway why take the risk by not buying one....

Strange. I, and all my friends have ALWAYS been asked for a onward ticket by the airline on departure.

KonC

• Like 1

Johnny S

Strange. I, and all my friends have ALWAYS been asked for a onward ticket by the airline on departure.

It's true,never been asked in 20 years. In the early days I traveled here sometimes twice a year. Maybe I have an honest face... :ROFLMAO:

KennyF

It's true,never been asked in 20 years. In the early days I traveled here sometimes twice a year. Maybe I have an honest face... :ROFLMAO:

Wait, you were visiting?

Did you perchance have a return ticket?

KonC

• Like 2

miles-high

The best solution is to get your Filipino spouse a second citizenship if at all possible and free them from the binds the Philippines loves to have on its people.

Not many countries accept those brown Filipino passports without visa, not even all ASEAN countries allow Filipinos visa free. Therefore, if your are married, it is a moral obligation to get your wife a better, widely accepted passport... :D

Incidentally, I believe Filipinos who hold an APEC BTC card are exempt from the return ticket requirement.

Not many "ordinary" Filipinos could get ABTC:

• Applicant with business travel frequency of at least three times a year within APEC at the time of application;

• Applicant has not been convicted of criminal offense;

• Company must be a PHILEXPORT member of good standing; and

• Company and/or applicant must not be included in the Department of Trade and Industry (DTI) watch list.

Edited by miles-high

Johnny S

Wait, you were visiting?

Did you perchance have a return ticket?

KonC

No not always, I would usually come and go as I felt. At times I would extend my visa and book my return fare online. It was possible to purchase an "open" ticket but usually I scored a cheap return ticket at later date to suit.