Sign in to follow this  
nixon1972

Soccer (football) team for the kids.

nixon1972

Not sure if this is the correct forum. Just moved to Cebu with two sons 11 and 15. They would like to play on a soccer team outside of school if possible. Does anyone know if there is a youth soccer league and if so how to contact? Thank you

Kuting

Im keen to know about this too. Im actually friends with dan palami's brother (dan palami is the current azkals football club owner) so will ask him and let you know what i find out. I seem to recall chelsea and azkals had recently done some "partnership", probably for scoutings too, but not entirely sure.

nixon1972

Katrina, thanks for your help I look forward to any info you can find. I am trying to sign my kids up for as many extra curricular activities as possible. So far I have the older one enrolled in Chef school every Saturday and the younger one in a rock n roll school called School of Rock near Ayala Center so he can play electric guitar in their band. Need to find soccer, swimming and Spanish to round things out. Also, if you want to chat about more of the school stuff or living arrangements (we just got a house, car, completed immigration, got the wife's RP passport back, got the kid braces, etc.) please feel free to shoot me an email at xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

My wife is reintegrating back to the Philippines after having been gone for 17 years so we can probably help you answer any questions if you are about to go through the same thing. It has been very satisfying so far (just two months).

Edited by Paul
Email address removed.

Paul

Please read the rules, nixon. Some are in place for your protection.

nixon1972

Thanks, sorry i was unaware but the rule makes sense!

Kuting

Hi Nixon,

My friend said there is a Cebu Football Association http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cebu_F.A. and they might have more info. I tried googling them and I can't find any useful contacts, so asked my friend if he could try get some contact info. Will keep you posted!

Thanks for your offer to help, I hope your wife's reintegration goes smooth.. will contact you and your wife once our relocation is definite (once we see a contract in the offer that is!)

All the best,

Kat x

jigsy

Why not with school? I know there is an active inter-school league with regular weekend tournaments. Depends on the school of course.