Sign in to follow this  
sork

Gikabuhi ko

lelit
yes thats right, there is no direct translation nor medical term. even filipino doctors doesnt believe it nor any medical treatment can be done. however local old folks just apply pressure on the gastric area and wrap the waist with a piece of cloth making it like a belt. persons who had this should avoid or change electric fan position away from them.

yes thats right there is no direct translation or medical term and doctors doesnt beleive it. when i was in philippines and i feel gikabuhi we dont need to go to doctor to check up we put something in our body like efficasent oil or something hot like menthol to feel in our body or smell something menthol to feel it better and need massage....but now i am in australia i dont know if there is any oil here like in philippines i always feel gikabuhi here but i dont know where we buy an menthol oil like in phil...i cant put also clothe like belt in my belly coz dont like it but the best to do is massage for gikabuhi...

generbee

hehehe

gikabuhi - is present tense of feeling gas pains and can be followed by vomiting or dizziness.. the trick is simple, just buy some efficascent oil (i'm not advertising as this oil really helps a lot) in any of the pharmacy, take 5 to 6 drops on your palm and rub it in her stomach and cover it with thick blanket.

just make sure you stay at a distance as farting will commence in a while....

:D

kabuhi has two meanings 1. gas pains and 2. escape or had gone out.

nakabhuhi - unleashed or escape

gikabuhi - having gas pains

buhi - live

buhi ko - im alive

buhi-i ko - let me go

buhi-an ta ka (or ti ka) - I will let you go or I will let you free..

na kabuhi ang iro - the dog has gone out

kinsay nag gabuhi sa iro? - who let the dogs out?

kinsay gabuhi sa iro? who raised the dog?

enjoy!

Bob Ward

So at the football games they would sing

kinsay nag gabuhi sa iro? whoof, whoof, whoof, whoof

kinsay nag gabuhi sa iro? whoof, whoof, whoof, whoof

:D:lol::D

cagayanstar

I experienced KABUHI when I didnt eat on time,before or after my period,travelling when hungry,best remedy was efficascent oil/eucalyptus oil.After that I burped a lot. :D Problem solved!

Bob Ward
I experienced KABUHI when I didnt eat on time,before or after my period,travelling when hungry,best remedy was efficascent oil/eucalyptus oil.After that I burped a lot. :D Problem solved!

Is the bad feeling from not eating on time also referred to pasmo?

cagayanstar

exactly Bob! Filipinos also used the term PASMO when you are from heat ,hot objects and then you touch cold water and then you experienced shaking and sweating.

Don't wash hands or have shower after ironing clothes/ dont take shower right after cooking especially if you are too expose on fire(cooking in dirty kitchen),this will caused pasmo. :D

Angie
hehehe

gikabuhi - is present tense of feeling gas pains and can be followed by vomiting or dizziness.. the trick is simple, just buy some efficascent oil (i'm not advertising as this oil really helps a lot) in any of the pharmacy, take 5 to 6 drops on your palm and rub it in her stomach and cover it with thick blanket.

just make sure you stay at a distance as farting will commence in a while....

:D

kabuhi has two meanings 1. gas pains and 2. escape or had gone out.

nakabhuhi - unleashed or escape

gikabuhi - having gas pains

buhi - live

buhi ko - im alive

buhi-i ko - let me go

buhi-an ta ka (or ti ka) - I will let you go or I will let you free..

na kabuhi ang iro - the dog has gone out

kinsay nag gabuhi sa iro? - who let the dogs out?

kinsay gabuhi sa iro? who raised the dog?

enjoy!

I agree with your explanations but let me expound the discussion.

1. Kabuhi is a pulsating thing in the abdominal region which is what one feels when one experiences hyper-acidity or other sharp abdominal pains. The cause of this pains is thought to be the displacement of the "kabuhi", most often in an upward direction, and treatment is by hot compresses and by massage to put the "kabuhi" back in place. ex. Misaka ang akong kabuhi sa kutu-kutu. - My kabuhi rose to under my rib cage.

2. This pulsating thing is viewed to be the seat of life. ex. Unsa'ng orasa nabugto ang iyang kabuhi? - What time did he expire?

This literally means "What time was his kabuhi broken off?"

Perhaps, the best known comparison in the West would be the concept of the "HARA" which is thought to be the seat of the Soul. The word HARA must be the best known English equivalent of the word "kabuhi". So, once it's displaced and moved towards the SOLAR PLEXUS, another center of energy in the body, physical sensations may be experienced such as the feeling of vertigo and wanting to vomit. Unless you have read or accepted the idea about CHAKRAS, it might be difficult for you to understand the underlying meaning implied in the word "kabuhi".

The example sentence in the second meaning is talking about the Soul leaving the body.

Now, going back to Sork's question, the sentence "Gikabuhi ko." means that the speaker is experiencing physical sensations because of a displaced energy caused by a plethora of emotional or psychic disturbances of which they are unaware of until these sensations are manifested physically. One doesn't have to know or accept all of this to be able to use the word "kabuhi".

The Word "BUHI"

Buhi can be an adjective, a verb or a noun

adjective - alive, live, not dead - Buhi pa ang pasyente. - The patient is still alive.

verb - to let go, free or release - Buhi-i ang bata. - Let go of the child./ Let the child go.

- to raise animals - Nagbuhi ko ug baboy. - I'm raising a pig.

noun - the time when one's classes end - Unsa'ng orasa imong buhi? - What time do you finish your classes?

When you say that someone or something "nakabuhi" it means that he/it was able to free himself/itself

"Nakabuhi ang iro." - The dog was able to free himself (probably by slipping or loosening its leash or collar).

If you say that a person or animal or plant is buhi, it means that the person/animal/plant is alive, not dead

The meaning of the sentence "Kinsa'y gabuhi or nagbuhi sa iro?" will differ depending on where the stress of the root word "buhi" lies.

Kinsa'y gabuhi/nagbuhi sa iro? - If the stress is on the first syllable "bu", the meaning is "Who let the dog out?"

If on the second syllable "hi", the meaning is "Who is looking after or raising the dog?"

:welcome::)