Vet May Lose Home Over Flag in Flower Pot

contraman

Americans are too busy working trying to pay the mortgage to pay attention whats going on thus allowing the few to control the many 

If that is the case they are living beyond their means and have a look at what is really important in their life.

They have no reason to complain about the rules if they couldn't be bothered to be there when they were made.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• KID

• lamoe

• cebubird

• broden

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

He should put a rainbow flag up next to it.  I bet they wouldn't bother him, then. 

I say continue flying the flag. feck those anti-American pieces of shit who own the condominium building.    I cannot believe our country has turned into this, I really, truly cannot! What the feck

Why should he be denied these ?

Posted Images

They have no reason to complain about the rules if they couldn't be bothered to be there when they were made.

ya, tough choice---- your career or the HOA meeting

With the average home price approaching 300K and salaries dropping like a rock for those that are left of the middle class its really not much of a choice

Personally I would never live in a neighborhood with a HOA--------- Nothing but Hitler youth wannabe's ----3 color choices for the exterior of your home and Barney fife measuring your grass with a ruler-----NO THANKS

Some HOA's wont even allow you to park your pick-up in your own driveway !!!
Edited by KID
  • Like 2
contraman

With the average home price approaching 300K and salaries dropping like a rock for those that are left of the middle class its really not much of a choice

Personally I would never live in a neighborhood with a HOA--------- Nothing but Hitler youth wannabe's ----3 color choices for the exterior of your home and Barney fife measuring your grass with a ruler-----NO THANKS

Sound fine to me, if thats the choice you make, and thats the HOA rules, you go into it knowing this.

So why complain.

If you are not happy with it, do something, get on the management committee and change it.

Dont just complain

cebubird

"Some HOA's won't allow pickup in your driveway"

I remember couple of them in Tampa area having rules about trucks. Of course it was just about the time that SUV's became so trendy for the city folks. Of course these were folks who would never dare to "stoop so low as to be seen in a truck)Thing is, tho' SUV's are TRUCKS.

Anyway guy in one of these 'trendy snob' places moved in with a regular nice extended cab p/u, and these folks went apoplectic over this "gasp" truck in their neighborhood. This guy quickly threatened to haul their butts to court. The HOA at first decided to change their rules and specify OPEN bed trucks, then their legal counsel advised them that probably wouldn't fly. Long story short, you now see trucks in these areas.

Also about that time, that more car manufacturers began making the SUV look alikes, officially called Crossover Vehicles,'cause these same trendy folks wanted an "SUV" that didn't ride "like a truck".

• Like 1
lamoe

Let's see my house is worth 350 K and I don't want some ass devaluing it.

My negibhor put's in an above ground pool that looks like shit in a few years

My neighbor puts in a wooden fence that looks like shit in a few years

My neighbor puts in an Aluminum shed that looks like shit in a few years

My neighbor parks his camper, trailer, and jet skis on his lawn

Those were the 4 biggies - no HOA dues, no meetings, no color restrictions,

here's why - and want to keep it this way - the house with the 2 red cars has 5 daughters in it so has up to 7 cars in driveway -no problem

post-15177-0-62189000-1404434916_thumb.jpg

post-15177-0-74983000-1404435156_thumb.jpg

BossHog

Happy 4th to all of y'all.

It's occurred to me more than a few times recently

that I have a lot more freedom here than I ever would in the States.

Why come anyone can tell you how to decorate your own property is also

well past my comprehension.

Just another reason I love living here in the land of the free.

• Admin (Retired)
broden

we have an hoa but they are not very regulations heavy at all

i just do what i want anyway, just how i am

if i was gonna spend real big time money on a place it would be outside of an hoa on some acreage somewhere 

• Like 2
lamoe

As I said, I've worked hard to get what I have and don't want some jerk collecting used cars and parking them on his lawn or collecting tires, toilets, whatever.

It would be like trying to live near a progressive who didn't care about anyone else only what they wanted.

They can do whatever they want to the inside of their  place and I wouldn't care but when it affects my property value I do.

Edited by lamoe
  • Like 1
  • Administrator
Salty Dog

My last place in Florida had some pretty strict HOA rules which I had no problem with. Their big thing was, they were not going to go around looking for violations. They would only act on a complaint from a neighbor and it couldn't be some neighbor that lived a mile away on the other side of the subdivision. So on my street, there was never a complaint.

They didn't have a rule about trucks unless they were commercial trucks, but being a retirement community that wasn't an issue. Besides every home had to have at least a 2 car garage so you could park anything you wanted inside your garage. You couldn't park your RV on the street or in your driveway except for periods less than 24 hours. They did however have a very safe and secure RV/boat storage area that was free to use.

The rules were in place when we moved into the community and we had to sign off that we read and understood them.

We could hang a Flag from a pole attached to the house or a freestanding pole. In fact the flag pole salesman had a thriving business in my community, as many older people seem to be more patriotic. The small flag in a flower pot would have been a none-issue.

• Like 1
As I said, I've worked hard to get what I have and don't want some jerk collecting used cars and parking them on his lawn or collecting tires, toilets, whatever.

Every issue you mentioned above would already be covered by city codes

It would be like trying to live near a progressive who didn't care about anyone else only what they wanted.

Cant you get thru 1 thread without making a political statement ???????????????????????????????????????

We have a suburb hear that thinks their shit don't stink------All the HOA petitioned the city several years ago to change the city code to require wood shake roofs and the city went with it and changed the code----- years later and a 100 or so roof fires the city changed the code and now BAN wood shake roofs :ROFLMAO:

My last place in Florida had some pretty strict HOA rules which I had no problem with. Their big thing was, they were not going to go around looking for violations. They would only act on a complaint from a neighbor and it couldn't be some neighbor that lived a mile away on the other side of the subdivision.

As it should be--- But you pretty much happened upon a unicorn :)

Edited by KID
lamoe

Every issue you mentioned above would already be covered by city codes

Cant you get thru 1 thread without making a political statement ???????????????????????????????????????

We have a suburb hear that thinks their shit don't stink------All the HOA petitioned the city several years ago to change the city code to require wood shake roofs and the city went with it and changed the code----- years later and a 100 or so roof fires the city changed the code and now BAN wood shake roofs :ROFLMAO:

Nope.

Actually no, we don't live in a city , county and their regs don't cover anything that was included in HOA.

I didn't put in duplicates.

Sub-division down the road does allow fences. About same age 20 years - looks like crap with every conceivable material and condition, same with sheds and those large above ground pools.

I guess it's the same with not wanting a karaoke bar starting across the street isn't it?

Edited by lamoe
  • Like 1
cebubird

The CEO, along with the founder of Lear Capital paid 10k to the HOA to settle the fines.Seems this has been getting attention from all over. The CEO said the HOA had been skimming money from the man's paid HOA fees to settle their $100 a day fines, then filed a lien for failure to pay the HOA dues. 

JSL-USMC

I was on the board of directors of a HOA for two years. That was plenty. You can't please any of the people any of the time...Kinda. Anyone buying in would get a copy of all the rules of the association and they also had an interview to explain the rules.  We didn't have any proscription against flying the flag and most people flew the flag on holidays. But, still, if it's in the rules it has to be enforced and if you don't like it bring it up at the next meeting. You can't pick and choose  which rules you wish to enforce. Chances are that some of the other home owner complained about the flag.That then becomes the excuse for them to do what ever they want. Then you soon have a place that looks like the trailer park out behind K-Mart

MPT 1947 has it right.

Never did see a tank.

No I don't have anything against K-Mart

• Like 3
Jason S

This story is an excellent example of pride and ego driving the decision making process, on both sides, and a mountain being made out of a mole hill.

• Like 4
JSL-USMC

"Some HOA's won't allow pickup in your driveway"

I remember couple of them in Tampa area having rules about trucks. Of course it was just about the time that SUV's became so trendy for the city folks. Of course these were folks who would never dare to "stoop so low as to be seen in a truck)Thing is, tho' SUV's are TRUCKS.

Anyway guy in one of these 'trendy snob' places moved in with a regular nice extended cab p/u, and these folks went apoplectic over this "gasp" truck in their neighborhood. This guy quickly threatened to haul their butts to court. The HOA at first decided to change their rules and specify OPEN bed trucks, then their legal counsel advised them that probably wouldn't fly. Long story short, you now see trucks in these areas.

Also about that time, that more car manufacturers began making the SUV look alikes, officially called Crossover Vehicles,'cause these same trendy folks wanted an "SUV" that didn't ride "like a truck".

EEEK