American killed in Dalaguete

Mandingo

Reading in the The Freeman that an American was murdered in Dalaguete on Thursday. Any know this guy or the guy who might be the suspect?

http://www.philstar.com/cebu-news/2014/06/28/1340017/personal-grudge-eyed-ex-us-soldier-shot-dead-dalaguete

CEBU, Philippines - A retired member of a US special forces branch succumbed to multiple gunshot wounds in different parts of his body after he was gunned down by an assailant in front of his rented house in Sitio Poo, Barangay Balud, Dalaguete town, past 5 p.m. Thursday. Stephen Ray Gornto, 53, married to Dahlia Gornto, of Tacosalma, Tarlac, was killed instantly after being shot several times. He was rushed to the Julio Cardinal Rosales Memorial Hospital in Barangay Poblacion but was declared dead on arrival. For now police are eyeing personal grudge as the motive behind the killing as Gornto had a fistfight with British national Andrew Featherstonehaugh, 53, of Barangay Manangal last week. “We are not pinpointing Featherstonehaugh but he was out of the country since Monday, which also added to our suspicion,” Inspector Rico Emperwa, Dalaguete police chief, said adding that the wife of Featherstonehaugh was also no longer around when they conducted a follow-up investigation. Just before he was shot, Gornto was standing outside his rented house waiting for a car dealer representative for a business transaction when the assailant arrived on board a Yamaha Mio motorcycle and shot the victim several times.

Witnesses said the assailant man was wearing helmet, short cargo pants and a white sweatshirt at the time. Emperwa said that assailant speed off towards Argao town after the incident.

Scene of the Crime Operatives of the Cebu Provincial Police Office inspected the scene and found 13 empty shells and a slug of unknown caliber. Police said the way of the killing was executed, it appears to have been done by a hired killer. Gornto’s cadaver was taken to the Lagahid Funeral Homes in Alcoy town for autopsy. Personal grudge Emperwa told The FREEMAN that Gornto had a fistfight with Featherstonehaugh at Charito’s Dalaguete Bar and Grill in Barangay Poblacion in which Featherstonehaugh suffered injury in his right ear after he was allegedly hit with a sharp object by Gornto. Before the fight both had an argument when they were both drunk. But Gornto reportedly denied that he hit Featherstonehaugh with anything, he reasoned that Featherstonehaugh accidentally injured himself with his fingers during their fight. The two later agreed to settle the matter at the police station and admitted a miscommunication had caused the fight. Emperwa further said that Gornto arrived in Cebu two months ago and said that it was unusual that he could have an enemy in a short span of time. “Kitang mga Pinoy di man kaayo ta manginlabot if dunay foreigner nga manuyo unya ang mga foreigner dili man sad ingon ana nga ma-involve na og lunod-patay nga kalagot bisan duha pa lang ka buwan,” Emperwa explained. In Dalaguete, Gornto stayed in rented a house owned by Christian Akse while Featherstonehaugh has his own house in the town. “Kanang naay mga event dali ra kaayo na siya maka-extend og monetary support like P300,000,” the police chief said. It was the sudden disappearance of the couple that intrigued the police. The Provincial Intelligence Branch sent a team yesterday to assist the Dalaguete police in the investigation. Superintendent Rodulfo Albotra Jr., PIB chief, said they are now eyeing local gun-for-hire personalities. They are also looking into different angles in their investigation which he refused to disclose as of yet.  —/BRP (FREEMAN)

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dublin boy

• JamesMusslewhite

• Davaoeno

• Bill H

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hello people, Its been a while since I have left any message on this forum, as I only reply to topics that I have some understanding in and had similar experience and try and offer my two bits of adv

I met Andy Featherstonhaugh a few times while I lived in Alcoy. I, and several other members of this forum happen to know him in person so I think it's in pretty poor taste by the usual suspects here

Thank you for posting my sons face book yes he is a pinoy Jun after this he had some interesting mail that has been sent to the police. I'm glad a lot of people on this forum posted to shame the perso

cebubird

Stephen Ray Gornto, 53 was killed instantly after being shot several times.

Police said it appeared to be a murder for hire, and guy from England who is not in country, has interest of police, as the 2 recently were involved in a fight..

This from today's Freeman.

A_Simple_Man

Superintendent Rodulfo Albotra Jr., PIB chief, said they are now eyeing local gun-for-hire personalities

So they know who they are and just wait for a time to 'round up the usual suspects'

cebubird

Paul, seems the Brit and the American had a fight in Charitos recently that the police were called for.

Also, the American was renting house from Christian and Eldessa,

JamesMusslewhite

Damn shame that such manly twats need to hire killers when their tugboat-butts get the beatdown their battleship-mouths earn.. If this Britt is proved to have contracted this hit, than I hope he is extradited, faces a trial, convicted, and then spends the rest of his life sucking Pinoy dick in a Cebu shit-hole prison cell.

• Like 4
Davaoeno

Damn shame that such manly twats need to hire killers when their tugboat-butts get the beatdown their battleship-mouths earn

I am actually appalled James that you have somehow- based on zero evidence so far- decided  that this guy is guilty of hiring a hit man. You dont have the slightest idea what went down and to publiclly accuse the Brit of hiring killers at this point is really unforgiveable .

The scenario you have arrived at might possibly be true but your judging a man at this point is the sort of thing foreigners are always complaining that pinoys do . 

I dont want to open old wounds but this attitude makes me wonder about your judging a certain jerome guilty of murder.

You always like to post that the persons family might very well be reading this forum - well what about the family of Andrew Featherstonhaugh ???? [ 

btw Featherstonhaugh is spelt without an e after the ston 

• Like 6

JamesMusslewhite, on 28 Jun 2014 - 01:23 AM, said: Damn shame that such manly twats need to hire killers when their tugboat-butts get the beatdown their battleship-mouths earn    

but Daveo you missed out this part: I say your the one making false judgments here as I notice is quite common of you:

If this Britt is proved to have contracted this hit, than I hope he is extradited, faces a trial, convicted, and then spends the rest of his life
Edited by Tamed
  • Like 3
JamesMusslewhite

I am actually appalled James that you have somehow- based on zero evidence so far- decided  that this guy is guilty of hiring a hit man. You dont have the slightest idea what went down and to publiclly accuse the Brit of hiring killers at this point is really unforgiveable .

The scenario you have arrived at might possibly be true but your judging a man at this point is the sort of thing foreigners are always complaining that pinoys do . 

I dont want to open old wounds but this attitude makes me wonder about your judging a certain jerome guilty of murder.

You always like to post that the persons family might very well be reading this forum - well what about the family of Andrew Featherstonhaugh ???? [ 

btw Featherstonhaugh is spelt without an e after the ston 

No, not at all and your statement is actually inaccurate. Someone certainly hired the killer and these cases almost always are caused by someone on a power-trip overstepping themselves and are angered because the other party refuses to be simply pushed aside, so these manly men then hire murderers because they are actually nutt-less beavers. This is also a subject I am well acquainted. IN FACT there is a certain Canadian who loved to hired shooters because he was one such beaver. He tried to frame me because I called the Candian shit-bird exactly what he was, he also tried to burn one friend of mine and her other five family members as they slept, and had another friend of mine shot off his motorcycle leaving him on a wheelchair for life which may not be too much longer for him because his health is diminishing fast. Both of these friends as well as myself are still being stalked.  

If you read my post that I stated that if it was proven that it was in fact this Brit who contracted this hit, than he should be brought back here to stand trial and that I hope he is punished.. As it stands at this point in the investigation it could be anyone this American may have displeased while here, and even a possibility the second most reason this type hit happens as there is always the possibility a wife or girlfriend is in the wings with a motive.

It is funny how over the years it seems that the most inept of tugboat-asses always seem to love trying to stir up needless senseless shit using battleship-mouths..

• Like 7

. IN FACT there is a certain Canadian who loved to hired shooters because he was one such beaver. He tried to frame me because I called the Candian shit-bird exactly what he was, he also tried to burn one friend of mine and her other five family members as they slept, and had another friend of mine shot off his motorcycle leaving him on a wheelchair for life which may not be too much longer for him because his health is diminishing fast. Both of these friends as well as myself are still being stalked.  

James, I knew HD and have friends who have known him for years from his days in Canada and we would like to know if you have definitive proof of the statements you made above. We have yet to find anyone making these claims, other than you.

• Like 2

No popcorn, just WOW really !?!

RIP and my deepest condolences to his loved once.

Rune 

• Like 2
Paul

Paul, seems the Brit and the American had a fight in Charitos recently that the police were called for.

Also, the American was renting house from Christian and Eldessa,

Damn. 

Well, if this is true, we have enough going against us as "foreigners" in the Philippines, already. We don't need to be killing each other, for damned sure! 

Although I lived in Carcar for several years prior to then, Dalaguete was part of my "stomping grounds". I like a lot of the area south of Carcar. 

• Like 2
mistaeric

Officials took the cadaver to Alcoy for an autopsy. Police are not EXACTLY sure what killed the victim huh? :unknw:

• Like 1

Since I don't have inside information in this case, I only say
RIP
!