1 month furnished, cooking type 1 b/r apt Cebu need now; help!

questsea73

questsea73

I know, a subject beat almost to death on the forum.  Don't post any links that will get Paul in uproar.

I have searched archives.  I have a PM in to Smokey today.  I know about Apartelle de Arcenas in Banilad(reported as having no wifi internet).  I am going out to internet cafe for dinner time attempt to get roomarama site to work to allow dates to be input to get price quotes.   If internet cafe in walking distance i guess I could live with A. de Cardenas.  Does anyone know answer to that?

I have ignored all other suggestions from archives which are hotel rooms without cooking priviledges because of my lack of enjoyment of Filipino restaurants and the rarity of Chinese restaurants(even in Cebu with long, horrible traffic time access to them).

Does anyone have any new sources for a 1 person occupancy moderate priced(not over 20,000 pesos) place with preferably kitchen or at least kitchen priviledges with cookware use included?

Need it in Cebu not Carcar or outlying sub-cities.

I anticipate only 1 month's use unless that special one comes into my life.

Ken

• Like 2
Paul

Don't post any links that will get Paul in uproar.

LOL. :D

POTATOMAN

arcenas does have internet but it is bad, i mean bad even by philippine standards

the.lone.gunman

Arcenas has internet but it is up and down just like a lot of other places. Intenet cafe at Country Mall, maybe 10 minute walk. I use a Smart wifi card in my phone which costs 995php for 30 days so I have a wifi hotspot anywhere I go.

Tiramisu

Did you tried Socorro C Estenzo Apartelle studio ? Ask them for long stay rate. You have GE Home in Malbolo as well. all the other I know are more expensive, more in the 25 to 30.000 Pesos.

Like Strawberry Residences in Cabahug street, not far from Ayala, at P27.000 for a studio. Check Agoda or rentpad.com.ph

Good luck.

questsea73

In beating the bushes some more I found some other possibilities although they don't seem promising they do have cooking in most: Most are viewable on agoda if you search for "cebu apartelle":

*Wee's Apartelle and Wee's Apartelle Mactan; each 3 rooms; hard to find, hard to get key; but apparently adequate otherwise if like roughing it

**Daka Apartelle; Mandaue City; $28++

Others listed as Apartelle but no cooking listed/shown:

a. Lux Apartelle; Mactan, 8 rooms

b. Inocian 3A Apartelle, Mabolo; has kitchen with microwave oven only per photo; from hotelscombined website

c. Seaview Apartelle, Bantayan Is., 11 rooms

also possibilities are...:

aa. Escarrio Street Apartelle; 15, 500 pesos plus electricity

ab. Tonros Apartelle

Ken

Scruffydog

I know, a subject beat almost to death on the forum.  Don't post any links that will get Paul in uproar.

I have searched archives.  I have a PM in to Smokey today.  I know about Apartelle de Arcenas in Banilad(reported as having no wifi internet).  I am going out to internet cafe for dinner time attempt to get roomarama site to work to allow dates to be input to get price quotes.   If internet cafe in walking distance i guess I could live with A. de Cardenas.  Does anyone know answer to that?

I have ignored all other suggestions from archives which are hotel rooms without cooking priviledges because of my lack of enjoyment of Filipino restaurants and the rarity of Chinese restaurants(even in Cebu with long, horrible traffic time access to them).

Does anyone have any new sources for a 1 person occupancy moderate priced(not over 20,000 pesos) place with preferably kitchen or at least kitchen priviledges with cookware use included?

Need it in Cebu not Carcar or outlying sub-cities.

I anticipate only 1 month's use unless that special one comes into my life.

Ken

I know of such a place. AC in bedroom, Internet, kitchen, cable TV, CR with hot water  . However it's in Dumlog Talisay, which I think is about 15 mins or so from downtown Cebu.  They rent by the month. I stayed there last time I went to Cebu. It's clean , safe, and behind a gate with grass and trees and such. Mine was two bedrooms, and I think i paid around 20,500 Ph for 3 weeks. It's about a 5 min walk to Croclanda  and or the Beach.. What they call the beach rather.

I am guessing its too far out for you. I can inbox you if you are interested. I don't know the people, but my in-laws do

• Like 1
topcat72m

Try Locanto or Cebu classifieds or sunstar properties section. I have been searching for something similar and found them to have some listings. But as I don't know around Cebu yet I will wait until I put feet on the ground before booking somewhere.

questsea73

I made the mistake of taking a taxi up to look at Apartelle de Cardenas.  It is on a semi-dirt/semi-paved street and looks nowhere as good as pictures on their site---which my virus alert software warned me not to open.  No 1 bedrooms available when I got there...was quoted a 2 bedroom at 1300 a night which the lady at desk helpfully suggested they could close off 2nd b/r to accomodate me.  Steel bars on windows, living room ceing fan, small,old tv, 2 burner electric hot plate(not stove), dreary atmosphere to whole place...she quoted 20,000 pesos a month, has interior court parking, long way out walking thru dirt road(you won't like after p.m. rainstorm) and paved road to get to street where taxis regularly ply.  Marginally recommended for the desperate.

Cebu-Viking

I spent 1,5 years in Cebu last 3 years, and searched everywhere.

Best I've found was Santoni's place and then Strawberry. Both higher than your budget but with full kitchen.

Santoni's rents for 30K + 1 -2 months deposit. Strawberry rents for 25K + deposit depends of staff 10-25K.

For your budget 20K I doubt you will find any place with kitchen.

Edited by Cebu-Viking
  • Like 1

I can't remember name of place or cost but maybe someone else can help with that. Behind country mall across from Montebelo is an apartment that I know they rent out for short stay. It's not part of Montebelo but you can pay to use there pool. Pool is like 100 steps from front door. Very nice place with AC, full kitchen, TV, and maid service. I was there visiting a buddy who stay's there whenever he is in Cebu. Next time we are in Cebu that is where we will be also.

captainpete

In beating the bushes some more I found some other possibilities although they don't seem promising they do have cooking in most: Most are viewable on agoda if you search for "cebu apartelle":

*Wee's Apartelle and Wee's Apartelle Mactan; each 3 rooms; hard to find, hard to get key; but apparently adequate otherwise if like roughing it

**Daka Apartelle; Mandaue City; $28++

Others listed as Apartelle but no cooking listed/shown:

a. Lux Apartelle; Mactan, 8 rooms

b. Inocian 3A Apartelle, Mabolo; has kitchen with microwave oven only per photo; from hotelscombined website

c. Seaview Apartelle, Bantayan Is., 11 rooms

also possibilities are...:

aa. Escarrio Street Apartelle; 15, 500 pesos plus electricity

ab. Tonros Apartelle

Ken

hi ken i stayed at seaview a few years ago rooms were nice and clean its a good location easy walk to beach just one block back they have a kichen with pots and pans ect you can use for a small fee sorry can not remember how much.we payed extra for them to supply fridge in room.easy walk to resturants and shops i would stay there again next time cheers peter

the.lone.gunman

I made the mistake of taking a taxi up to look at Apartelle de Cardenas. It is on a semi-dirt/semi-paved street and looks nowhere as good as pictures on their site---which my virus alert software warned me not to open. No 1 bedrooms available when I got there...was quoted a 2 bedroom at 1300 a night which the lady at desk helpfully suggested they could close off 2nd b/r to accomodate me. Steel bars on windows, living room ceing fan, small,old tv, 2 burner electric hot plate(not stove), dreary atmosphere to whole place...she quoted 20,000 pesos a month, has interior court parking, long way out walking thru dirt road(you won't like after p.m. rainstorm) and paved road to get to street where taxis regularly ply. Marginally recommended for the desperate.

There are always tricicads at the front gate or security will call a taxi. Not a problem. Good luck finding a place with a stove.

Edited by the.lone.gunman
questsea73

Sorry, poster D__D.  What is full name of AirBnB and location?  Does it fall in my price range?