Navy Gateway Inns and Suites - Singapore

• Administrator
Salty Dog
While researching signing up for DEERS and obtaining a Military ID, I found that the Navy Facility in Singapore does them daily whereas the Embassy in Manila currently only does it for 3 hours on two days a month and it's nearly impossible to get an appointment.

Navy Region Center Singapore (NRCS) has appointments available daily and they appear to have openings everyday.

Here is a direct link to NRCS where you can make an appointment for DEERS enrollment and ID Cards. https://rapids-appointments.dmdc.osd.mil/appointment/building.aspx?BuildingId=514

Navy Region Center Singapore (NRCS) has a Navy Gateway Inns and Suites you can stay at for half the cost of a place in town.

Navy Gateway Inns and Suites Singapore offers facilities located in two areas:

Durban Suites. Located on Durban Road and offers 24 suites.

Ottawa Suites. Located on Ottawa Road and offers 16 suites.

ROOM RATES:

Ottawa/Durban Suites – US$120.00

D.V. Suites – US$150.00

All rooms are non-smoking and absolutely no pets are allowed.

Check-in Time is 3 p.m. – Check out Time is 11 a.m.

A guaranteed form of payment (valid Visa/Master Charge credit card or established direct bill account) is required to process all guaranteed reservations.

ROOM AMENITIES:

Living Room:

In-room phone

Flatscreen television with AFN and prime time cable channels

Furnished Living room

Complimentary Wi-Fi

Kitchen:

Sink

Refrigerator/Freezer

Range top stove

Microwave

Keurig Coffee maker (coffee, tea, and condiments included)

Kitchen plates, cups, glasses, pots/pans, silverware

Laundry Room:

Full size washer/dryer

Dining Room:

Dining Room set with 6 chairs

Bathrooms:

1 Full bath with bathroom amenities and hair dryer

Bedroom Amenities:

Clock radio/alarm

Full line of personal amenities

Common area:

Full size ironing board and iron

FACILITY FEATURES:

Front Desk open 24/7

Free wireless internet access in all rooms

Soft Drink Vending machine

3 Internet kiosks at the Front Desk 24/7

Fitness Center, tennis courts and basketball courts

Terror Club facility with pool, food and beverage

CONTACT INFORMATION:

Commercial Phone Number: (+65) 6752-8245
Edited by Salty Dog
  • Like 1
SmokyMtnRon

When we went in April, I tried to get in there. The online registration only lists certain categories for eligibility and retired is not one of them. It looks like the Singapore one is only for active duty personnel. The PDF you quoted is a generic Navy Lodge form. Retired, leisure travel personnel are not allowed in the Singapore one. But, we stayed in the Grand Mercure hotel, which was really nice for the same price. Mall right across the street and plenty of eating places within walking distance.

I might be wrong.... I just now tried it and got to the point of registration, so maybe it's changed. But if you do stay there, it's about an hour from town and I didn't see anything to do in the area around their compound.

Edited by SmokyMtnRon
  • 2 years later...
streak03

My wife got her ID card today at Sembawang Navy Activity, Singapore.

I booked a room at the Navy Gateway Inn and Suites no problem, and I'm retired. The room was 165.00 US, and was actually a 3 bedroom apartment. It was absolutely huge.  There are no restaurants nearby, but there are places that deliver, McDonald's, KFC, etc.

Since checkout is 11 am, we checked out early, took our bags over to the NGIS main office and they held them for us until we finished.  Caught a shuttle van to the base, showed the gate guard her passport, she got a temp ID and we went to the ID card section.  Its probably 30 meters from the gate, if that.  Same building as the Navy Exchange.

Took about 15 minutes, she had her ID card and was in the exchange spending  money.  The whole process was absolutely painless, the folks at NGIS and ID card section are great.  The cost for the taxi ride from the airport to NGIS was about 40.00 SGD, around 28.00 US.  

• Like 2
  • 5 months later...
SmokyMtnRon
On 1/24/2017 at 10:03 PM, streak03 said:

My wife got her ID card today at Sembawang Navy Activity, Singapore.

Next March we will have to get my wife's ID renewed again. I noticed on the rapids appointment site that there are no openings for appointments all the way through 2018. @streak03 Did you make an appointment, or are they doing walk-ins now?

Thanks,

Ron

streak03

I just called them.  Folks there are very nice and easy to deal with, I dont believe they do a whole lot of ID cards there.  Very painless process.