Would you marry a bar girl? (ex-bar girl)

J-Divert

12 years indicate that not everything was horrible.

It would have been a much shorter marriage had we not had any kids. I went to great lengths attempting to save our marriage in the interest of our daughter. There comes a point though when you have to move on because moving on becomes in the best interest of all involved.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Paul

• jtmwatchbiz

• austwin

• Mikala

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What a bunch of ignorant, judgemental hypocrites we have here.   Lets start a thread for young Filipina’s - “Would you marry an old, fat and ugly foreigner ?”   Stereotypes are great aren’t they

Strange how guys who never ever frequented a bar or went with a prostitute have all the answers.....?   When we see foul mouthed drunken " ladies" on some of the reality t.v. Shows and compare them

Maybe I should elaborate a bit.   Years ago I dated MANY bargirls, and was friends with many more. I had sex with ONE, that's right, ONE. It was a big letdown.   Now, the Pointman business brings

Posted Images

J-Divert

Do you think because of her experience of being a bar girl made her to be an unfaithful wife? Or do you think she would have been unfaithful in marriage even if she had say worked in a Sari Sari store before she met you?

In other words does bar girl life change an innocent girl to the extent that it would destroy her marriage at a future date?

Good question tokyoman. I can't say whether her past as a bar girl affected her being faithful in our marriage, I don't know. I have a few friends who married bar girls many years ago and their marriages couldn't be better.

Personally though I wouldn't take a chance with a bargirl myself, the odds of failure aren't worth it. But marrying one doesn't necessarily mean you'll have a failed marriage or you won't have the best marriage ever.

• Like 1
austwin

Marry her again? Well, she's married now (second time since we divorced). I wouldn't be remotely interested anyway. Life single is MUCH better than it was married to her.

We had some good years though I'll admit, but things changed. I prefer a faithful wife, she wasn't ...

Were you faithful to her ?? of course you don't have to answer that........I only say it because I know guys who are married to filipinas, be they ex bar girls or not who actually think that being in the Philippines actually comes with entitlement to play up like a second hand lawn mower.  But if their wife or partner did the same thing she would be a downright slut.....Go Figure :idontknow:

• Like 3
J-Divert

I have to admit, the VERY same thought crossed my mind.

When did I imply everything was horrible? I only said it was the biggest mistake of my life and it was. That doesn't mean it was all bad, it wasn't, but the last 5 or so years of our marriage was hell.

J-Divert

Were you faithful to her ?? of course you don't have to answer that........I only say it because I know guys who are married to filipinas, be they ex bar girls or not who actually think that being in the Philippines actually comes with entitlement to play up like a second hand lawn mower. But if their wife or partner did the same thing she would be a downright slut.....Go Figure :idontknow:

Both of us made some serious mistakes early in our marriage. We overcame those and yes, from that point forward I was faithful to her, for about the last ten or so years of our marriage I was faithful to her. No, that doesn't make the past right I grant you, but both spouses need to make an effort. Was I the "perfect" husband? No, I admit there are things I could have done differently but honestly how many of us have never made a mistake regardless how big or small?

If you knew the full story you'd have a much better understanding, but I've already said more than I wanted and I really don't think think this is the proper place to share all the details. I've never told anyone everything, no one knows the full truth but if you did you'd understand.

• Like 1
Paul

When did I imply everything was horrible? I only said it was the biggest mistake of my life and it was. That doesn't mean it was all bad, it wasn't, but the last 5 or so years of our marriage was hell.

Fair enough. It seemed, by the way I read your post, that most of the times together were not so good.

Mikala
Would you marry a proven criminal? Or even a politician?...

I'll be the first to admit that, when I found out one of my (ex) Korean gfs had been in prison for sticking a knife into a guy, that ended the relationship for me. I didn't want to wonder when one of my kitchen knives would find it's way into my gullet.

I've met plenty of girls that study politics and that also makes them unattractive to me. Why would I want to be around a political science major? Gads! A politician wouldn't even be attractive for a weekend fling!

So... back on topic (sort of). I'd rather marry a bargirl than a politician or a violent criminal.

Edited by Mikala
  • Like 1
Headed that way

The dividing line for debates like this is one's attitude toward sex.  For some it is like taking a dump, nothing personal, a bodily need.  For others it is a bonding experience that impacts them enough that they prefer to be selective and want a partner to be selective.

That is tested in the Philippines and no doubt a lot of the girls feel they have no choice when pushed by family to send home more money than they can make as a housekeeper or yaya.     Still, the girls that go down that road are going to be badly scarred and carrying around a lot of secrets that will probably always make them nervous about who from their past will pop up or if someone will spill the beans.    Not the best idea to add that into the witches brew of issues and misunderstandings that go hand in hand with a relationship between different ages and different cultures.

So for me I'd say no, I wouldn't date a former bar girl.     No problem with those that do, they are doing the girl a great favor.

jtmwatchbiz

I wouldn't date a former bar girl. No problem with those that do, they are doing the girl a great favor.

now THAT is about the funniest thing i've read in this thread so far. i sincerely hope you're not serious? :)

austwin

So for me I'd say no, I wouldn't date a former bar girl.     No problem with those that do, they are doing the girl a great favor.

Well to each his own of course ...but I am sure there are many instances where the girl was doing the guy a great favor also .....

Headed that way

Well, maybe in your case Fred you wouldn't be doing her a favor. :stick_poke: