Would you marry a bar girl? (ex-bar girl)

Alan S

Just considering the topic, "Is having a bar girl a date?", I was wondering how many would, or would not, marry a bar girl. (Presumeably, an ex bar girl.)

My view is that I dont care how many partners a girl has had before I met her, and so I wouldnt be concerned about her previous life.

I think it hypocritical to want a virgin, when I have had plenty of prior experience.

But, that is just my personal view.

What is yours?

And, will anyone admit that their partner used to work in a bar?

• Like 2
  • Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Paul

• jtmwatchbiz

• austwin

• Mikala

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What a bunch of ignorant, judgemental hypocrites we have here.   Lets start a thread for young Filipina’s - “Would you marry an old, fat and ugly foreigner ?”   Stereotypes are great aren’t they

Strange how guys who never ever frequented a bar or went with a prostitute have all the answers.....?   When we see foul mouthed drunken " ladies" on some of the reality t.v. Shows and compare them

Maybe I should elaborate a bit.   Years ago I dated MANY bargirls, and was friends with many more. I had sex with ONE, that's right, ONE. It was a big letdown.   Now, the Pointman business brings

Posted Images

Paul

I have the same view as you, regarding previous lives.

And, will anyone admit that their partner used to work in a bar?

The bar girls I personally dated were never shy about what they did for a living, prior to us meeting. 

• Like 1
Paul

I married a 24 YO virgin instead, and damned glad of it. 11 years together and counting...

One day they may even consummate their marriage. :D

• Like 8
ex231

I used to think I would have, but after many platonic relationships with some I wouldn't consider it now. My ideals were I didn't care about their past life, it was the present and future that mattered. However, most will not do anything to better themselves even when given the chance, and my theory is you can't help someone who won't help themself. It gets in their blood, and it don't wash out...

I married a 24 YO virgin instead, and damned glad of it. 11 years together and counting...

Shadow nailed it. Been down that same road myself. You can take the girl out of the bar but you can't take the bar out of the girl.

One day they may even consummate their marriage. :D

HAHAHA .. Now that is some funny shit right there!

• Like 5
Highlighter

A past is a past. we all have one. If it's not acceptable, plenty more fish in the ocean.

The majority of bar girls I've "dated" are not there for the "fun" but to earn a reasonable income to help support their extended family.

• Like 3
oscarpears

Yes I would marry an ex bargirl.

I am not morally superior.  My only concern would she be content to marry me.
If the lady had been irredeemably damaged by her time and life in some seedy bar, then I of course would not be so naïve to imagine that I could "save" her. 

As for members acknowledging that their wives are former bar girls, that is a step too far.

We do I hope, still cling to some vestiges of what it is that makes a gentleman and publicly declaring your wife's former status as a bar girl is not kind or endearing.

We all have the right to bury our past and make a new life, many bar girls work in bars because they have to put rice on their families tables and books in their siblings satchels.
Had I been in their position, I would have done the same.

• Like 9
Paul

Shadow nailed it. Been down that same road myself. You can take the girl out of the bar but you can't take the bar out of the girl.

I disagree. If she hasn't been in the bar too long, causing her to get caught up in the lifestyle, she can be taken out without issues. I was with a former bar girl for a year or two? Maybe longer. Any problems we had certainly had nothing to do with the bar. She was one of the best women I was ever with, and was excellent at saving and budgeting money. 

Not unlike several other women in my life, I let her get away.

• Like 6
Paul
As for members acknowledging that their wives are former bar girls, that is a step too far.

Why? I don't see a Filipina who went to school, attended and graduated college, and then got a good job in a bank, shipping company, or other industry, as being any better than a woman who worked in a bar. They just ended up on different paths in their lives.

• Like 4
ex231

I disagree. If she hasn't been in the bar too long, causing her to get caught up in the lifestyle, she can be taken out without issues. I was with a former bar girl for a year or two? Maybe longer. Any problems we had certainly had nothing to do with the bar. She was one of the best women I was ever with, and was excellent at saving and budgeting money. 

Not unlike several other women in my life, I let her get away.

You may have found a good one and there may be others. But in my admittedly limited experience the ones I've known will always have the bar girl mentality and the hustle going. I tried to domesticate one first as a mate and after that just as a friend. I finally realized I was wasting my time and threw in the towel. Strangely enough she still pines away for me .. or my wallet.

• Like 1
oscarpears

Why? I don't see a Filipina who went to school, attended and graduated college, and then got a good job in a bank, shipping company, or other industry, as being any better than a woman who worked in a bar. They just ended up on different paths in their lives.

That's your view Paul and it is mine too, but people can be nasty and whisper, and those whispers can also hurt.

I just think that folk, if they want to, should be allowed to move on and build a new life.

I guess there are many guys on this forum who are doing just that.  

• Like 4
Paul

It would be pretty shallow for someone to judge a woman who worked in a bar. I know - because many years ago, I was one of those people. 

Anyway, you are correct. You are entitled to your opinion. I'm just glad that I have never been with a woman who worked in a bar and was a shamed of it.

• Like 3
austwin

Yeah I would marry an ex- bar girl....

Living and getting by here in the Philippines is a pretty tough gig and I don't judge these girls for the chosen career or part time employment. I would also has as to guess that a good many of them hate what they are doing and a good few of them are also single mothers to ex- Responsible Filipino boyfriends who have banished.

I know know at least one guy married to an ex-bar girl and they have good solid marriage up until this point in time. 

Some wise guy once said "let he who is without sin cast the first stone" 

I am sure a good many of these girls wish for the "Pretty Woman Movie" scenario ... and good luck to them if it happens. 

Some (not all) of these kids are the primary breadwinners for a lot of family members. Quite often they're sending money back to the provinces where they come from and some also trying to study and pay their fees and living expenses.

It's easy for us to say get a real job .. when there just isn't enough real jobs....Living and means of earning money is sometime born or necessity and until we have walked a mile in another persons worn out rubber slippers, perhaps we shouldn't judge to harshly. 

• Like 7

Amazing how we grow up with time isn't it Paul. :thumbsup:

No I would not marry a bargirl or ex-bargirl as I used to manage a strip club in Florida, thus I saw what really goes on in those types of places and I had some heart to hearts with some Cebu bargirls who talked freely with me once they knew I was happily married and all they could get from me was a drink and some chat. If I was not happily married then I would have no problem dating an ex-bargirl or any other woman and who knows, possibly one could have changed my mind but I preferred to marry my goody two shoes wife. 

When I was single I dated enough women from many cultures who had enough baggage to sink a ship, I wanted someone without all the drama. 

• Like 3