Sign in to follow this  
Tamed

Where to Go for a few Weeks Away From Cebu City?

Irenicus

Sounds like Anthonys. I agree that Panagsama, Beach checks all of the boxes the OP is looking for. If you get bored there just keep heading south. Once you cross over to Dumagette you then have the choice of ferries to a few other spots or head either north or south.
\

Yep, it does sound like Anthony's.  Haha - small world.  That's a cool little area - it reminded me a bit of some odd Disneyworld setting.  Very cool.

Headshot

If I wanted to get away from Cebu City for a few weeks (and especially if I was single), I would head for Palawan. It is a big island, but underdeveloped, so it would be safe to rent and ride a motorcycle around so you could explore the island's many wonders with more freedom than buses and vans would give you. There are nice girls everywhere in the Philippines, so finding girls who might be interested in you shouldn't be a problem for you...unless you like bargirls. There probably aren't too many of them on Palawan.

• Like 2

Salty Dog

What about the Dumaguete area?

Plenty to see and more than a few places in your price range. No beautiful white sand beaches if thats what your looking for though.

Cheap transportation or motorcycle rentals.

It's no Mango Square at night, but the boulevard was several nightlife bars/restaurants.

Edited by Salty Dog

Marriedcebuguy

Lars (Panserhansen) knows the area better than I do as he lived there and I only visit family there and stay with them when we do.

One nice place that might be a little over the OP's budget might be The Ranch Resort which really looks like a slice of paradise, so it might be worth the extra peso but it seems he has ruled out the Toledo area, so I post it in reply to your post and in case someone else might be interested.

I actually just went to the ranch yesterday for a day trip with everyone... I wasn't that impressed... The grounds were nice the pools were ok when the pumps were running seemed like only the first two pools were working and even then need some cleaning. Cheap day trip 100 peso per head. Family said good was overpriced and added service charge to everything

motorboy

Google Puerto Galera (Mindoro). It should tick most of your boxes. Moalboal on speed.

just googled this place, and it looks very interesting. It is 130 km south of Manila, costs around 500 php to get there, and appears to have an abundance of things to do. I am adding it to my list of places to visit when I return. Thanks mikewright

Laurence

For your time period of 1 to 2 weeks ... travelling around Palawan or Puerto Gallera with a couple of days in Manila or Camiguin and Siargao, 4 to 5 days on each. All mentioned above. The others, for me if based in Cebu are trips of less than a week (Bohol, Bantayan, Moalboal). 

Em, Olango Island for 1 to 2 weeks ?    :shocked: 

Laurence

Or international ... Thailand. 4 days in Bangkok doing the touristy things. Then train down to southern Thailand and ferry to Koh Samui for 6 days. Nightlife and chilling out. Then fly back to Bangkok to connect to your flight back to The Philippines.

• Like 1

USCebuana

Olango looks nice. 

easy44

Olango looks nice. 

Maybe it's better now, but a few years ago there really wasn't anything there in the way amenities.  You exhausted all the possibilities in a few hours, unless you just want to lay in the sand somewhere.

Salty Dog

Or international ... Thailand. 4 days in Bangkok doing the touristy things. Then train down to southern Thailand and ferry to Koh Samui for 6 days. Nightlife and chilling out. Then fly back to Bangkok to connect to your flight back to The Philippines.

I would go international, but I think it's beyond the budget he has stated.

USCebuana

I haven't been to Olango. But if you just want to relax you can take a book or nook and just chill out and snorkel and swim at least there would be people there. It seems to be busy. I wouldn't advise those mountain resorts, they are mostly empty and very lonely especially if you just broke up with somebody like OP. 

bmoore

Olango looks nice. 

The side facing Mactan has a decent reef, primarily soft coral. I always took a boat from Mactan and I am not sure about the beaches.   On the south west end there is bird (the flying kind) watching. But I cannot imagine much nightlife.

For a change of pace, go to Olongapo and then head north 100 islands in Pangasinan and Bagio.

USCebuana

It sounds like a day trip. 

easy44

It sounds like a day trip. 

Definitely.  They may not even have a hotel.