Sign in to follow this  
spritsail

Would you eat horsemeat

ellenbrook2001

wow loved if the butcher his very good  when i was doing professional cycling in france morning breakfast was horse ground meat tartare with yolk eggs wow very very nice but when i go back to FRANCE on holiday my first meal will be horse steak  . 

hyaku

Japanese basashi or sakura nikku (cherry blossom meat) is one of my favorite sashimi. But its from specially bred horses. I would eat just any old meat, especially if the animal had been sick.

Next door had a pig die mysteriously and was trying to sell the meat......No thanks.

• Like 1

ROCO22

If hungry...

With a nice hollandaise sauce    :cooking:

maccydee

I had horse meat while working in Germany & it was lovely. But be careful if you make the horse burgers. If you ask anyone what they want on it they might ask for £5 on the nose to win lol

• Like 1

Lee

I am going to venture and educated guess that if you have eaten a lot of meals in the Philippines, then you have probably eaten horse meat and maybe some other critters you never thought you ate. Do any of you actually believe that if some locals will cheat us out of money if given the chance and not think a peep about it that some would not put in less expensive horse meat into food we eat. :(

Horse meat for sale

Even in the US I have seen sushi restaurants fined for selling fish renamed that was caught in the swamps, people do whatever they wish to do to make an extra buck or peso. 

Also many restaurants are run by Chinese and Koreans, so they might even think nothing of eating many other living creatures. 

KID

Wouldn't bother me in the least---- I have ate worse

throttleplate

lets say you are lost in a jungle with no wild animals on it or edible fruit and you have a healthy horse with you and 1 other human whom has just died from falling off a cliff.You are starving to death and have a lighter with you to make fire,do you kill the horse and eat it or cut up the human and eat him?

SomeRandomGuy

Neither. There would be a mcdo delivery somewhere close hehe

Sent from my mind on my doovalacky to your mind thru your doovalacky.

Brucewayne

Neither. There would be a mcdo delivery somewhere close hehe

Sent from my mind on my doovalacky to your mind thru your doovalacky.

I would eat the human, save a good horse and skip the McDogfood.

• Like 2

fanboat

The British would be horrified, the french love it and I think most filippinos are ambivalent to a horse meat steak.

Sadly my horse went lame coz of a suspected testicular infection - god knows as there are no vets on the island to do a biopsy. Once a horse falls to its knees and unable to get up then there are many waiting with a bolo to sever the head. I dont dare watch the butchery, the weekly slaughter of pigs in the local market is enough for even the less squeamish to vomit.

So I probably have around 100 kg of prime horsemeat on the once pristine kitchen worktops awaiting to be transformed into some culinary delight, maybe burgers, horsemeat and kidney pies, shepards pie, ranchers stew, madras horsemeat curry. Looks like I will have to dig out my Elizabeth Davids French Provincial Cooking to see what see has listed for horse and liver casserole..

Any recipe suggestions

If in the horse was nice to you...just return the favor...

I would eat the human, save a good horse and skip the McDogfood.

Please tell me?...are you related to Charles Manson per chance your pic brings back memories ...

Brucewayne

If in the horse was nice to you...just return the favor...

Please tell me?...are you related to Charles Manson per chance your pic brings back memories ...

Twin brothers with different Mothers.

Headshot

I've eaten horse meat. It's just like a lean beef. I've eaten many different meats. Most are good. Like Andrew Zimmern says, "If it looks good...eat it." Of course, a lot of the shit he eats doesn't look at all good to me.

I once got a fortune cookie in a Chinese restaurant that said...

THAT WASN'T CHICKEN

Edited by Headshot
  • Like 1

broden

in8wvq.jpg

Bonjon

I do.  No fat.

broden

part of a synopsis of a mash episode this thread reminds me of

Without wounded to take care of, the Korean kids take over the 4077th, running around and causing general chaos. Their stay is extended when the doctors discover the kids have a mysterious rash that they can't quite figure out how to treat.

The next morning, Potter returns, but is still mum about who he calls his "sick friend." After telling him about the kids' rash, Potter figures out that its because of their diet--they eat horse meat, which is causing a reaction to the tetanus serum.

After a tossed off joke by Hawkeye, Potter goes on a rant about the atrocity of people eating horses, reminiscing about, back in WWI, "A man's horse was his best friend--where do people get off turning them into porkchops?" It leaves everyone stunned into silence, and Potter mumbles an apology and leaves.

daz

The best pepper corn steak I had was in the algarve. Told a friend and he said in that region it was likely cheval. Many years later I bought some cheval and cooked it up. Sure enough it was the same great taste. Horse.

MaKe

restaurants are run by Chinese and Koreans

I bet they import the leftovers from Dog Meat festival in Yulin, Guanxi...

post-13499-0-15780800-1404554223_thumb.jpg

Hy H
Would you eat horsemeat ? 

Yeah....why not.

We used to eat in Finland when I was a kid.