Blame Denial / Risk of Losing 'Face'

Mikala

What spices do you typically use?

For the ghost sausages, I modified my Habanero sausage recipe

3 pounds pork, maybe 2 pounds of duck, 1/2 pound of beef, whole package of bacon

I don't use fresh onions since they have too much water in them. Substituted 2 teaspoons of ghost pepper 'dust' for the habanero chiles. Plus threw in a few cups of mixed mushrooms, some small amount of carrots and green onions.

0.5 pounds Onion, minced 2 each Habanero Chiles, minced 1.5 teaspoons garlic, finely minced 0.3 teaspoons Thyme (or marjoram or savory) 1 teaspoons Parsley 1 Leaf Bay 0.5 teaspoons Paprika, Hot 1 teaspoons Pepper, black 0.5 teaspoons Salt 2 teaspoons Vinegar, Red Wine
  • Like 1
Mikala

What spices do you typically use?

Kielbasa (Polish) recipe I follow religiously, except that I can't get veal in Korea and I just buy ground pork and ground beef

3 pounds Lean pork butt, cubed 1 pounds Lean beef chuck, cubed 0.5 pounds Veal, cubed 0.5 pounds Pork fat, cubed 2.5 teaspoons Salt, or to taste 3 teaspoons Finely ground black pepper 2 teaspoons Ground marjoram 2 teaspoons Ground summer savory 0.5 teaspoons Ground allspice 3 Cloves garlic, finely minced 2 tablespoons Sweet paprika
  • Like 1
Buko Beach

Mikala,

Excellent sausage info! Can I suggest you start a thread on sausage making techniques/ tips in the food section because I fear it will get buried in the archives and most likely your recipes will get lost.

The lack of quality sausages in the Philippines is a topic that keeps on coming back around so your info will not fall on deaf ears.

• Like 1
jtmwatchbiz

Yes it's a cultural issue in just about every Asian country and I've also seen it in Indian and middle eastern cultures as well.

i'm not so sure. the USA prisons are full of people who would also say they didn't do it :)

• Like 3
Mikala

Can I suggest you start a thread on sausage making techniques/ tips in the food section

This weekend, while I'm making sausages yet again, I'll take photos of the process and start a thread on sausage making. I'm not an expert though. I learned from my old manager 2 years ago and his Hungarian sausage spices consisted of Paprika, Salt and Pepper. Not what I'd consider flavorful... He's been making sausages though for maybe 40 years and I learned quickly after 3 to 4 sessions.

• Like 4
Alan S

As the majority of posts are about cokkery, I will  move this thread to the appropriate section.