Most Annoying Things Travelers Do in Airports

roaddog

Most of these problems are only a problem because you want to make them a problem for yourself. Now the smelly obese farting dude might be another story.

• Like 2
  • Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ROVER

• contraman

• hyaku

• Tamed

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I get really peeved with the duty-free shop staff   who tell me the scotch bottles aren't  for sampling in the store....   and i gotta pay the whole bottle not just the shots i consumed (which i c

Banning Chinese people from having cell phones would really make the world a better place. 

I found this interesting article from 2013 but as many of us are regular travellers we can relate to these. I have resisted adding my comments as I see most of these on a regular basis    No doubt y

Ozepete

On a flight to Cairns and this kid (about 3) kept squealing. I can't stand kids squealing so asked the mother to deal with it but the snotty little B just glared at me and said "I suppose you never have kids" so I told her 'yes seven actually and they all squealed, but they never did it the second time!  Now would you like to know the cure!'  Did not go done well with the mum but at least I got moved away from her and the brat.

• Like 1
contraman

On a flight to Cairns and this kid (about 3) kept squealing. I can't stand kids squealing so asked the mother to deal with it but the snotty little B just glared at me and said "I suppose you never have kids" so I told her 'yes seven actually and they all squealed, but they never did it the second time!  Now would you like to know the cure!'  Did not go done well with the mum but at least I got moved away from her and the brat.

Likewise

Had a night trip from Singapore to Melbourne, This bogon woman gets on the plane with two young kids. Has two seats, puts both on the one seat, curls up (I think she may have taken something) and goes to sleep for the whole flight.

The kids just ran riot all night.

Even to attendants could not wake the Mom.

On landing it was pointed out that she could have looked after her kids on the flight, only to be answered with a barrage of obscenities.

Seeing things like this more and more.

• Like 1
SkyMan

And what is it with Pinoys always going past their seat when boarding airplanes? I see this on nearly every flight I take here. Someone will pass their seat up and get near the end of the plane, do a face palm and then fight their way upstream with a big smile on their face to go back to their seat, 8D. I mean, WTF it really isn't that hard.

Many don't know where to look for the seat number or figure out if C is an aisle or a window.

2). "Fat people" (not sure if this applies only to "white guys" or the whole 65% of the population who are fat);

Fat is fine. It's huge that's the problem.

Most people can't really help their weight,

BS, BS, BS! They choose to be fat and that's fine if that's how you want to be but stay off the planes, buy first class or 2 coach if that's the way you want it.

Many don't know where to look for the seat number or figure out if C is an aisle or a window.Fat is fine. It's huge that's the problem.BS, BS, BS! They choose to be fat and that's fine if that's how you want to be but stay off the planes, buy first class or 2 coach if that's the way you want it.

Maybe since little farts don't use all their seat space why let it go to waist? Maybe it's the little screw tops that should buy the first class since they are the ones who seems to have so many problems with EVERYBODY AND EVERYTHING..... :bomb:

And they say I am the one with BLPD..... :notallthere:

Edited by ROVER
Mikala

Then there's the backpacker couple that hasn't had a shower in a week (at least). Usually they somehow have seats next to me on the plane and then like to take their shoes or sandals off and rest them on the seat in front of them. They're part of the reason we can't take firearms, knives, baseball bats, umbrellas, etc... on board planes! :fighting0029:     :baseballbat:

• Like 3
BS, BS, BS! They choose to be fat and that's fine if that's how you want to be but stay off the planes, buy first class or 2 coach if that's the way you want it.

I have to say it....This post is probably the dumbest, most irresponsible, unintelligent post I have ever read on here...Please note...I SAID "THE POST"... :regler:

Edited by ROVER

Some pinoy's are quite entertaining to watch at airports. I remember observing one middle aged guy, he gets to the check in counter with other members of his family and he is carrying a cardboard box like it has a million dollars in it and it's the most important box in the world. He has the proudest grin, the proudest look and walk. I'm thinking to myself what could he be holding, then I realize its not the box, he is just proud to feel important severed by people in uniform, watched by all the other passengers and to be actually getting on to a  real life airplane.

• Like 4
SkyMan

I have to say it....This post is probably the dumbest, most irresponsible, unintelligent post I have ever read on here...Please note...I SAID "THE POST"... :regler:

I take it you're a two-seater kind of guy.
oscarpears

Fat is fine. It's huge that's the problem.

oscarpears, on 12 Jun 2014 - 8:40 PM, said:Most people can't really help their weight,

I am puzzled and disapointed.

Puzzled that you say "fat is fine" and then in response to my post you say that fat people should "stay off planes" or travel first class.

Disapointed that rather than engaging with my point you just yell BS! thrice.

For me it is to adopt a phrase you are no doubt familar with, a no brainer. I'd much prefer the company of a fat person with manners than somebody burdened with the weight of their own pride.

• Like 2

Give him time I'm sure he can post dumber things I thought the post was cruel myself. 

• Like 2
hyaku

I was on Supercat/2Go to Cebu. One of the crew turned up with spanners and socket set and proceeded to remove the steel arm rests from the adjoining seat . Shortly after a 'large' man arrived proclaiming he had ask the captain to do it.

He then poured himself into what was his seat and half of mine. A rather compressed speechless journey to Cebu to say the least.

I take it you're a two-seater kind of guy.

No I would probably be a 3-seater now, But I would enjoy 1 all the way if I knew I was seated next to some people. Some one who knows nothing about me or why I am the way I am and how I got this way, and if I was given a heads up I'd have the biggest freacking plate of bean burritos I could find right before boarding. Nobody asks to be or wants to be "Fat" or Morbidly obese, but some people try to make fun of themselves before Jerk balls do, thus "I tried to use the title "Big daddy Soanso" in some of my endeavors. Guess what it didn't work cause while I was trying to beat others to the first laugh on me, I became hateful and resentful and learned to trust NO ONE 100%. So some people have been real good teachers to me.

Now I fully expect to be BANNED here for my attack but you know what? No biggie, there are some on here I have to apologize too cause they know the story and have been more than kind but man from what I am reading on hear there are the biggest bunch of fakers, whiners,k moaners and groaners and pretenders I have ever seen in one place and maybe I was becoming like that too, and to those I may have come across to that I am so sorry, Sorry you didn't know me WHEN I WAS YOUNGER I really was a nice guy off duty. I was going to quietly ask to be dropped as a member and then I though F--- NO! If I am going out I will go out with my guns half blazing at least.  :mad_01:  :sad_01:  :voodoo:  :winking0044: But then again some would not have liked me.

• Like 3
samatm

don't forget the bookin machines that say you can check in early without queuing up. Every single time I have tried to use one of these machines every single time it does not work for various reasons, usually as the printer is not working. On top of tthat then you see the people that were behind you if you had took your place in the cue advancing along nicely why you have to start lining up from the back and now you are behind ten large families with 2-3 cases each.

You are speaking in the Philippines right.     I had 10/10 (more than that actually)   success in the US ...and found them quite easy and fast. 

I was on Supercat/2Go to Cebu. One of the crew turned up with spanners and socket set and proceeded to remove the steel arm rests from the adjoining seat . Shortly after a 'large' man arrived proclaiming he had ask the captain to do it.

He then poured himself into what was his seat and half of mine. A rather compressed speechless journey to Cebu to say the least.

The man should have bought an extra seat to get away with such foolisness.   Must have been a relative of somebody... 

hyaku

For me it is to adopt a phrase you are no doubt familar with, a no brainer. I'd much prefer the company of a fat person with manners than somebody burdened with the weight of their own pride.

I also thought it rather cruel. But I had desk job and did start to put on weight. To me it was a no brainer that I did something about it before it started to present other health problems. Not much point after the fact. Being overweight is for various reasons but seeing people stuff themseves with food just turns my stomach. Another thing that annoys me on flight. That guy on the Supercat ate 5 burgers!