Most Annoying Things Travelers Do in Airports

Alan S

The problem I have is beautiful young air hostesses lusting after me.

And then I wake up.

• Like 4
  • Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ROVER

• contraman

• hyaku

• Tamed

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I get really peeved with the duty-free shop staff   who tell me the scotch bottles aren't  for sampling in the store....   and i gotta pay the whole bottle not just the shots i consumed (which i c

Banning Chinese people from having cell phones would really make the world a better place. 

I found this interesting article from 2013 but as many of us are regular travellers we can relate to these. I have resisted adding my comments as I see most of these on a regular basis    No doubt y

Ozepete

people allergic to water (stink!)  and Asians who take all their worldly possessions with them then argue at check in that they should be allowed umpteen bags!

• Like 1
Buko Beach

The reason most passengers rush to board the aircraft at the earliest possible moment is securing overhead carry on space. Too many passengers are allowed to board with carry-ons the size of small fridges and they try to cram them into over-head bins, and in the process squish my laptop bag (and the contents) to try and make room.

That's one of the areas where PAL has improved. I am usually an elite or premiere elite mabuhay miles member and one of the perks is priority boarding, which means I can board the aircraft with the business class passengers if I have an economy ticket. That saves having to line up and fight the cattle. PAL now prints "priority boarding" in bold letters on my boarding pass so even ground staff that have no clue can understand two words.

Previously I would go to board the aircraft when business class passengers were called to board and there would be a blank stare from the gate staff. I would inform them I'm a premiere elite member and again blank stares (I know first world problems lol). They would look around and request to see my card. Most gate staff have no clue about the policy of their own airline. Often after some loss of face when shown my card (on their part) they allow me to board. YVR ground staff are the worst.

It never fails if you prefer to sit on an isle seat on long haul flights that as other passengers board and file past your seat you have to keep all vital body parts out of the line of fire. Every fifth passenger has a boarding pass in one hand and stares skyward looking for a row number while pulling a wheeled carry-on that's wider than the isle. When their carry-on gets stuck they just pull harder instead of turning it sideways or hand carrying it, and passengers seated on the isle need to take cover.

Edited by Buko Beach
  • Like 3
  • Administrator
Salty Dog

• Like 3
Jason S

I have noticed that Cebu Pacific loads both ends of the planes at once and I like that. Although, in most major airports in the U.S. the passengers are not boarding the plane from the tarmac like we do here in the Philippines.  :cool:  

Also, I like the security check points in the Philippines compared to the U.S. because I do not have to take my shoes off.  :yahoo: 

oscarpears

I am an easy flyer, but screaming babies and children do set off a stress response in me.

Once while waiting to board in Hong Kong i sat beside a hugely obese Australian man, who belched and farted with agressive disregard for others. He was yelling on the phone at his poor Filipina girlfriend and i prayed and i prayed that he would not be seated beside me.

Most people can't really help their weight, but they can manage their manners and i felt embarrassed to be Western, when i saw Asian people look at him with confusion, fear and disgust.

I did not thankfully share the plane with him to London, but i still remember in my prayers, the poor folk who had him as a neighbour on their flight home.

USMC-Retired

I traveled from Cebu to Lax with a 11 month and 21 month old. They had there own seats and were very good passengers. They both could have lap children. That would have been miserable. Parents should take responsibilty for their children. I know it could be very frustrating.

Sent from my GT-P6200 using Tapatalk

• Like 2
Mandingo

I don't mind babies too much. Crying is what babies do and we were all babies that cried at one time or another. I always find it rather funny to see some old coot getting upset about crying babies.

• Like 1
goggleye

One time on a flight from cebu manila some dumb ass pinoy opened the emergency door or the plane while we are waiting for the rest of the plane to board - then we all had to wait for security to haul his ass off. Then we waited forever while the extended family decided who would stay with him and who would go onto manila.  :-(  I think we sat there for an extra hour and a half   grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

sugbu777

13. Farting while falling in-line

14. Farting while seated in a crowded aircraft.

sugbu777

As I talked about in another thread, it is the folks (which is pretty much everyone) that have to jump up and line up for the gate as soon as anyone moves towards it, whether their rows have been called or not. How hard is it to sit there and wait for your row to be called?

Sometimes, my wife and I just wait and board last, our seat is still there and our hand carry fits under the seat.

• Like 1
Rocketman

I know it's a small thing, but I hate it when people slam the overhead bin doors, especially when the flight attendants do it all the way down the aisle.  Lots of flight time and all the headaches we talk about here makes us more sensitive to this stuff I guess.

hyaku

I don't mind babies too much. Crying is what babies do and we were all babies that cried at one time or another. I always find it rather funny to see some old coot getting upset about crying babies.

Probably the old coot knows that if the baby is crying it's tired, wants feeding or changing and wishes the parents would deal with it.

• Like 1
Mikala

I would just hope that most folks would stop bringing foods with strong odors. When a Korean guy opens up his packed Octopus or Squid, it usually reeks. They don't allow durian, so why would these bozos (no offense Smokey) bring that kind of stuff? Maybe it's their "sense of entitlement"?

Too many times I've found myself a quiet corner to take a nap and some Chinese/Indian moron will sit right next to me and shout into their cellphones. At times I feel the urge to punch the guy in the face and smash his cellphone, but the urge usually passes quietly... If I need to talk on my cellphone, I take it somewhere else. Either outside the terminal or to an area where nobody is sitting.

• Like 1
sugbu777
Too many times I've found myself a quiet corner to take a nap and some Chinese/Indian moron will sit right next to me and shout into their cellphones.

Just as annoying when they continue that conversation while boarding and until they get the word to turn their phones off while seated. Can you imagine how bad it could be if cellphones are actually allowed to be used in-flight! :angry:

Edited by sugbu777