• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ROVER

• contraman

• hyaku

• Tamed

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I get really peeved with the duty-free shop staff   who tell me the scotch bottles aren't  for sampling in the store....   and i gotta pay the whole bottle not just the shots i consumed (which i c

Banning Chinese people from having cell phones would really make the world a better place. 

I found this interesting article from 2013 but as many of us are regular travellers we can relate to these. I have resisted adding my comments as I see most of these on a regular basis    No doubt y

• Administrator
Salty Dog
10. Carousel Crowders

Standing as close as you can get to the baggage claim isn’t going to make your luggage come out faster.

Nor are most people interested in taking whatever might be in them. Crowding just makes everything more inconvenient, especially for people with large or many bags.

This goes double for Filipinos. They are the worst at this I've ever seen. A family of 9 and everyone of them is crowded around the carousel.

Also those Clowns with their big ass shoes.  :biggrin_01:

Edited by Salty Dog
  • Like 3
smokey

10. Carousel Crowders
Standing as close as you can get to the baggage claim isn’t going to make your luggage come out faster.
Nor are most people interested in taking whatever might be in them. Crowding just makes everything more inconvenient, especially for people with large or many bags.

This goes double for Filipinos. They are the worst at this I've ever seen. A family of 9 and everyone of them is crowded around the carousel.

Also those Clowns with their big ass shoes.  :biggrin_01:

i wait for all the important people who think they have to hurry because they have an appointment with the president ...

• Like 3
  • Administrator
Salty Dog

i wait for all the important people who think they have to hurry because they have an appointment with the president ...

I always laugh while standing in the back, because mine seems to be one of the first on the carousel while the people crowding the carousel are still there while I'm walking out the door.

• Triple Diamond Sponsor
Monsoon

Carousel crowders are even worse on a predominantly Pinoy flight. They just bring too much shit with them everywhere they go. Whenever I land in HNL its always a nightmare between all the BB boxes and luggage and all the damn food stuffs. Took so long to get my luggage last time I almost missed my connecting flight.  At least they are wise in HNL they have a special line for anyone with food stuffs so normal people who just pack clothes don't have to wait while the beagle sniffs for fruit. 

Stopping to take pictures while trying to board / deplane. FFS. Had a group pulling this one in front of us on our way to HK last weekend. They stopped three frigging times on the jetway, blocking everyone, while boarding. Twats. 

And what is it with Pinoys always going past their seat when boarding airplanes? I see this on nearly every flight I take here. Someone will pass their seat up and get near the end of the plane, do a face palm and then fight their way upstream with a big smile on their face to go back to their seat, 8D. I mean, WTF it really isn't that hard.  

• Like 2

The worst is a massive person buying one coach seat on a full flight.

Yea, I know what you mean..."Shoot um all I say! and let god sort em out". :voodoo:

Jason S

This is so true. I don't even fight with them anymore, I just let them have at it, unless I have a connect I need to get to. I don't think doing anything in an orderly manner is part of the culture here, lol.

Jason S

The worst is a massive person buying one coach seat on a full flight.

That has happened to me a few times. One time I asked the flight attendant if i could move and surprisingly she said yes. She puts me next to an old lady who literally rested her head on my shoulder and slept the entire 4 hour flight, lol. The lady was so old I didn't have the heart to say anything and I just suffered through it but at least I had room to breath unlike when I was next to the morbidly obese originally. 

lamoe

Yea, I know what you mean..."Shoot um all I say! and let god sort em out". :voodoo:

I'm not very big and when I got  Hulk Shinto the king of Sumo next to me this is how I solved problem of them lifting armrest because they were too big to fit.

Politely, informed flight attendant it was an unsafe condition and I could not use that seat and would need another..  If full flight , as they all seemed to be when this happened,  several times got moved to 1st and once actually had to leave flight  - me not her.- with 1st class on next one.

I stopped taking luggage on planes when I lost my musical instrument even though I got much more back than it was worth in insurance it proved how easy it is for someone to pick up your bag and walk off with it or one of the manila airport staff. Now I take everything on the plane or buy what I need at my destination, so much easier and simple too plus no more fighting your way through carousals.

Edited by Tamed
  • Like 1
Mandingo

1. People who bring too large of carry on bags on to the plane. Airlines should enforce the size rules more strictly imo........

2. People who need to be the first ones on/off and crowd the gate/aisles  at boarding and landings.

3. People who  recline their seats back during take off/landing or at meal time.

4. Old white guys who tell you about their secret forces/special op's experiences or feel they need to tell you about the Philippines in detail.

• Like 4
Hogan1950

As I talked about in another thread, it is the folks (which is pretty much everyone) that have to jump up and line up for the gate as soon as anyone moves towards it, whether their rows have been called or not.  How hard is it to sit there and wait for your row to be called?  To be fair, have been in many places where the PA system could barely be heard, let alone understood.  Part of that goes to all the noise from all the loud talkers in the crowd. 

In general, I have noticed that people are much less courteous to others in this day and age.  Few people care if they are holding up others or acting annoying. My wife gets mad at me sometimes when i try to hurry her along if I feel we are holding up people behind us. 

Oh well, always manage to get on the plane, find my seat, and collect my bags (unless the airline misplaces them, which has only happened twice, and got them back fairly quick), so no worries.  As the saying goes, "Don't sweat the small stuff, and in the end, it is all small stuff".

• Like 1
hyaku

10. Carousel Crowders

Standing as close as you can get to the baggage claim isn’t going to make your luggage come out faster.Nor are most people interested in taking whatever might be in them. Crowding just makes everything more inconvenient, especially for people with large or many bags.

This goes double for Filipinos. They are the worst at this I've ever seen. A family of 9 and everyone of them is crowded around the carousel.  :biggrin_01:

I have big problems with it. I usually carry special equipment nearly two meters long. Its usually goes on as special baggage and comes off as such. Not in the Philippines! Its dumped on the carousel. Just getting it off is a intricate maneuver. The stupid baggage handlers havent the common sense to realize that it won't make the first curve on the belt. Add to that all the people standing too close and it all gets rather physical.

Same routine on deboarding as ships, roads whatever. Always someone with crab mentality that wants to push past first.

Wow! So far here I have found out that the biggest problems in flying seems to be...

1). Old white guys who in the winter of their life may have nothing else in their life than their past;

2). "Fat people" (not sure if this applies only to "white guys" or the whole 65% of the population who are fat);

3). Filipinos with families who may be traveling for the first time and have a camera and may never get to fly again:

4). Sleepy old ladies who have had to try to fight their way through all the same shit everyone else has had to endure to get on the plane;

Let me see did I forget any thing else? Well, there have been a few other things that have been mentioned, but this seems to be the "Biggest problems so far" For those who "fly on a normal bases. :steve:  :glare: 

Again I say "shot em all! and let god sort em out".   :baseballbat:     :sarcasm::itsokay::beatdeadhorse:

I wonder if some of these "people"? listed above have feelings too and bow their head in shame knowing what others are saying about them? :scratch_head:

• Like 2

4. Old white guys who tell you about their secret forces/special op's experiences or feel they need to tell you about the Philippines in detail.

Never had that problem but a common annoyance when flying into the Philippines from any location is:

Old White guys bragging about how many Filipino girls they plan to ...... when they arrive and how many they had in the past and how many...... very embarrassing especially as most of the other passengers are Filipinos who can hear the conversation until I stop it short.

• Like 3