sierra01

Can someone translate 'losing face' or 'to lose face' into Cebuano please?

I <3 Cebu

Being a sook, in need of a teaspoon of concrete.. etc

Borinquen

mapahiya?

Just said this word to my girl, she responds with "to not be embarrassed"... same meaning I guess.

mapahiya?

Mapahiya is Tagolog...........

Try "Gipakauwawan" (To be Humiliated in front of friends and others) "According to my wife anyway"

Edited by ROVER
Knowdafish

Can someone translate 'losing face' or 'to lose face' into Cebuano please?

Skin whitening cream?  :ROFLMAO:

Now you know why I asked about learning Cebuano on a different post......Everybody has a different word for everything and my mind don't work like that anymore. :wheel:

Knowdafish

Everybody has a different word for everything and my mind don't work like that anymore.

I understand completely, but English is very similar as there is usually more than one way to express yourself.

Everyone everybody uses has a another different expression word for everything and my mind head refuses to don't think work like that anymore. 

• Like 2

I understand completely, but English is very similar as there is usually more than one way to express yourself.

Everyone everybody uses has a another different expression word for everything and my mind head refuses to don't think work like that anymore. 

Yes, but in English the other person understands what you are saying, you don't have to repeat it 5 or 6 times and keep trying a different word each time until you find one the other person understands.

For Example: "Every dip shit thinks the word or expression they use is the only correct way to get your point across"....

See? Means the same thing and the English speaker understands either way. :wheel:

• Like 2
Mikala

See? Means the same thing and the English speaker understands either way.

If they're a non-English speaker, it's better to just speak LOUDER. Then they'll understand for sure!

:Yay:

• Like 1
Johan_in_Cebu

Now you see why pinays just beats around in the bushes in their sms not getting anywhere. Texting 20 sms or more not getting anywhere. 

Reason why I don't bother to mingle with timewasters much.

The shortening of words makes an situation where people doesn't know how to write the words as in the dictionaries.