Sign in to follow this  
JLG

PAL, lower and slower

GoneAsiatic
The domestic flights I have taken with PAL have been mostly good.

On one flight from Bangkok to Manila, I was bumped up to business class due to overbooking. The service was poor but what really amazed me was that two men were engaging in homosexual sex right in their seats. Neither the flight attendants nor anyone else appeared to notice or care (likely the latter). Kind of ruined the ambience.

Is there a hidden message in your Post?

:P

Billy

I did not intend to hide anyting. It was very unpleasant to watch, but anybody can read whatever they want into that.

What people do in private is ther own business; what they do in public is generally governed by another set of societal rules and laws.

Markham
I am a pilot and have owned two planes in the PI, so I have experience here too,

I agree that might give you an insight. However, you have made some rather sweeping - and thus far, unsubstantiated - statements including this from yesterday:

let see how many overshot the runway last year, hmmmmm ALOT

and this today:

7-10 professional pilots are alcoholics! how does that make you feel!

Do you have facts that can back-up these rather inflammatory statements - can you provide references please?

You would think with all the call centers in the PI, LOL that PAL and CP, wouldn't suffer such fate!

I don't think that follows at all! I am quite sure that neither company pays its call-centre employees as much as those call-centres that work for US/UK companies. Added to that, call-centres are often unpleasant, stressful places to work which accounts for high staff turnover that many seem to have here.

it all boils down to MONOPOLISTIC SOCITYE and a greedy few!

Well, yes but the Philippines is far from being a communist country! The principal aim of any enterprise is to make money for its investors!

opps have to run, my flight on PAL leaves soon, people please pray for me.

I am sure you will have had a safe and (relatively) hassle-free flight :P

Mark

Edited by Markham

Markham
what really amazed me was that two men were engaging in homosexual sex right in their seats. Neither the flight attendants nor anyone else appeared to notice or care (likely the latter).

One wonders if the same would be true if it was a man and a woman having sex ...

Mark

GoneAsiatic
what really amazed me was that two men were engaging in homosexual sex right in their seats. Neither the flight attendants nor anyone else appeared to notice or care (likely the latter).

One wonders if the same would be true if it was a man and a woman having sex ...

Mark

Try it on BA or United Airlines and see what happens.

Markham

In case anyone is concerned about flying with local carriers and to put the record straight, I can tell you that, according to my research, there have been two fatal accidents in the last ten years. The most recent was on 19th April 2000 when an Air Philippines Boeing 737-200 flying from Manila to Davao crashed on Samal Island on its approach to landing. And a Cebu Pacific McDonnell-Douglas DC-9 crashed into a mountain near Pagalungan in the southern Philippines on 2nd February 1998. (Philippine Airlines has not been involved in a fatal accident since 1994; there are no recorded incidents involving this country's other carriers, SEA-Air and Asian Spirit.)

A total of 235 passengers and crew lost their lives in these two air accidents - a figure that rather pales into insignificance when you consider the number of souls lost at sea on Philippine ships.

References: Plane crashes over the last 10 years (compiled by the BBC)

Plane crash database

Mark

Edited by Markham