Sign in to follow this  
JLG

PAL, lower and slower

JLG

Its a CRAP shoot at best with any FILIPINO owned monopoly business. SHITTEST service I have had anywhere in the world!

All I hear is a big sucking sound leaving the Philippines! Without their women and OFW's the place would implode!

BBQ Joe
All I hear is a big sucking sound leaving the Philippines! Without their women and OFW's the place would implode!

Amen to that brother!!!!!!!

kristine

Thanks for that guys, feel much more comfortable now! :biggrin_01:

JLG - Are you being serious? :huh:

Lee

My wife and I have been flying PAL back and forth to the Philippines and domestically for the last 14 plus years and we estimate that we have flown about 60 flights including international and domestic and during that whole time, we only had one problem when the flight from LA to Manila was delayed one day because they needed to have a part flown in. They put us up in a hotel in LA and then again in Manila when we arrived too early for our connecting flight and they supplied us with free meals in both places. I think they treated us above expectations and we will continue to fly with them because we always feel the Filipino warmth from most of their employees.

Aerosick

Was that in July, 2000? That's when the same thing happened to me...

Billy

JLG
Thanks for that guys, feel much more comfortable now! :biggrin_01:

JLG - Are you being serious? :huh:

Yes I am serious, just pick up the phone to PAL, CP, and let me know,

try to call and see if the flight is on time, and let me know,

try to get a refund and let me know!

Hell try to call an make a reservation

Go into any CP or PAL and try to buy a ticket, it will take longer than the actual flight!

That's why I ride motorcycles, just image their maintenance schedule. There own maintenance contractor Lufthansa,turned them into the FAA, thats why they cant add any new routes to america,

they will auger in soon,

let see how many overshot the runway last year, hmmmmm ALOT

The who country is in LIMP mode and I love it, keeps me entertained.

Pass the popcorn!

Bryan

Lee
Was that in July, 2000? That's when the same thing happened to me...

Billy

No sorry Billy, I believe it was in May of 2002.

Markham
Yes I am serious, just pick up the phone to PAL, CP, and let me know,

try to call and see if the flight is on time, and let me know,

try to get a refund and let me know!

Hell try to call an make a reservation

Go into any CP or PAL and try to buy a ticket, it will take longer than the actual flight!

Bryan,

What you have highlighted could be applied to almost any Philippine company's "Customer Services" department(s). They are not unique to either Philippine Airlines or Cebu Pacific. If you're not prepared to wait for an hour or three at an airline's reservations office, try booking online or through a travel agent - much simpler and less stressful.

I have received a refund on an unused e-ticket from Philippine Airlines - but admittedly not here: the e-ticket was booked and paid for in the UK which is where the refund was also made.

There own maintenance contractor Lufthansa,turned them into the FAA, thats why they cant add any new routes to america,

I don't think that is quite correct. Halfway down the page on this link you will find:

The US Federal Aviation Authority (FAA) has assessed that the Philippines Air Transportation Office is not in compliance with the International Civil Aviation Organisation (ICAO) safety standards for the oversight of the Philippines' air carrier operations.
There is an included link to the FAA's website which has the results of the latest assessment.

let see how many overshot the runway last year, hmmmmm ALOT

Can you provide us with a reference, please? As far as I'm aware there's been only one such incident over the last 13 months and that was at one of the country's smaller airports which may not have ILS.

Mark

Edited by Markham

JLG

And how did the the FAA find out, hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm? I have inside info on this, Lufthansa droped the dime to save their own a s s!

Wake up

JLG

Thank GOD they build these planes with idiots and alcoholics in mind?

MattFromGA

Having built software for and worked around call centers on and off over 20 years I can say that it is very difficult for a company to manage a call center and customer service anywhere. It can be a tough job too, so even in the USA it is possible to pay big money for a call center that goes to crap and customer satisfaction goes way down.

I guess I can somewhat understand how some people when being in a foreign country and get problematic customer care can lead the foreigner to have a bad opinion about the country as a whole. Just keep in mind good customer service is very much possible here in Cebu and it happens every day too.

Markham
And how did the the FAA find out, hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm? I have inside info on this, Lufthansa droped the dime to save their own a s s!

As far as I'm aware, Lufthansa Teknik/MicroAsia provides Airbus maintenance only and does not handle PAL's small fleet of Boeings. I don't think PAL owns/leases extended range versions of the Airbus 330 or 340 and only operates Boeing 747-400s on its routes into North America. If there were any systemic problems in the servicing or operations of the latter, you can be very sure the FAA would suspend PAL's license to operate on the route(s).

In any event, it's not the airline itself but rather the Philippine Government's regulation of local operators, including PAL and Cebu Pacific, that fails to meet international safety standards.

Mark

GoneAsiatic

The domestic flights I have taken with PAL have been mostly good.

On one flight from Bangkok to Manila, I was bumped up to business class due to overbooking. The service was poor but what really amazed me was that two men were engaging in homosexual sex right in their seats. Neither the flight attendants nor anyone else appeared to notice or care (likely the latter). Kind of ruined the ambience.

JLG

As far as I'm aware, Lufthansa Teknik/MicroAsia provides Airbus maintenance only and does not handle PAL's small fleet of Boeings. I don't think PAL owns/leases extended range versions of the Airbus 330 or 340 and only operates Boeing 747-400s on its routes into North America. If there were any systemic problems in the servicing or operations of the latter, you can be very sure the FAA would suspend PAL's license to operate on the route(s).

In any event, it's not the airline itself but rather the Philippine Government's regulation of local operators, including PAL and Cebu Pacific, that fails to meet international safety standards.

Mark

I am a pilot and have owned two planes in the PI, so I have experience here too,

You would think with all the call centers in the PI, LOL that PAL and CP, wouldn't suffer such fate!

it all boils down to MONOPOLISTIC SOCITYE and a greedy few!

7-10 professional pilots are alcoholics! how does that make you feel!

you need to look at the big picture, its not just north American routes I am worried about,

opps have to run, my flight on PAL leaves soon, people please pray for me.

Aerosick
The domestic flights I have taken with PAL have been mostly good.

On one flight from Bangkok to Manila, I was bumped up to business class due to overbooking. The service was poor but what really amazed me was that two men were engaging in homosexual sex right in their seats. Neither the flight attendants nor anyone else appeared to notice or care (likely the latter). Kind of ruined the ambience.

Is there a hidden message in your Post?

:P

Billy