jtmwatchbiz

The same way you say, "You are welcome and encouraged to contribute to a different thread"....:0

well to stay on topic i will contribute that i remember as a kid in high school i used to work part-time as an esperanto. 

• Like 1
  • Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• pabridez

• Majorsco

• jtmwatchbiz

• easy44

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

how do you say "give it a rest" in esperanto?

why...just the other day i was thinking the same thing!

there are also those that believe UFOs hover over elvis' grave. seriously tho, you seem quite passionate with your interest so enjoy whether anyone else here agrees with it or not. i have many friends

Im not trying to convince you of anything.

Could have fooled me, and you can quote me on that in any language of choice.

Edited by GoHuk
SkyMan

This is bordering on personal attacks so lets drop the banter and reserve replies to the subject of Esperanto or there will soon be less members.

pabridez

Until Esperanzo has some relevance in the lives of many people, it will continue to be nothing more than a curiosity and a nice hobby for those interested, like you. Nothing wrong with that, but just because you have an interest doesn't make it important. Your speculation about English being on the verge of irrelevance is far fetched and very unlikely to happen in any of our lifetimes. Just because I don't happen to agree with you doesn't make me ignorant, but it does show some common sense.

There are those who believe that one day Spanish will become the dominant language in the US.  I heard that from a respected laborer of God.  

This makes even more sense

An Esperanto ideology :

Break, break the walls between the peoples.

Ludoviko Lazaro Zamenhof

Zamenhof is the creator of Esperanto.

pabridez

Obviously you didn't read my post above where I sourced Wikipedia for the number of Esperanto speakers.  

That means nothing here.  You posted the assertion.  It is not up to us to document it for you.  

Just hate coming out in your commentary. You're free to hate if you want, but most of us aren't into hate.  Yes, we may bash the US or other countries, but we also explain our reasons for it and back it up.  My opinion

Doesn't warrant a real answer or response except to shut you off from any communication from me as you're obviously not a serious person interested in debate.

Well....see ya later.  You win...now you can go .....it was fun while it lasted.   You probably have more important things to do.  Adios 

jtmwatchbiz

There are those who believe that one day Spanish will become the dominant language in the US.

there are also those that believe UFOs hover over elvis' grave. seriously tho, you seem quite passionate with your interest so enjoy whether anyone else here agrees with it or not. i have many friends that can't appreciate our passion for watch collecting too :)

• Like 3
pabridez

well to stay on topic i will contribute that i remember as a kid in high school i used to work part-time as an esperanto. 

You used to work as one who hopes?  I wish I could get paid for that...:)

I think perhaps you mean camarero, which is spanish for waiter.

Waiter in Esperanto is kelnero.

Good try though.

• Like 1
jtmwatchbiz

I think perhaps you mean camarero, which is spanish for waiter.

you give me way too much credit. you are right that it was actually restaurant work i did as a kid but i never got further than dish washer or busboy. seriously! 

pabridez

there are also those that believe UFOs hover over elvis' grave. seriously tho, you seem quite passionate with your interest so enjoy whether anyone else here agrees with it or not. i have many friends that can't appreciate our passion for watch collecting too :)

Perhaps Esperantists are among them.  

I'm not yet to the passion stage, although I may respond to some of these replies with some degree of effort, but I was mainly looking for folks who are interested in esperanto.  I've managed to learn a thing or two here;  One is that I still don't like Americans very much, although I am one.  And second, I really do hope that an auxiliary language, even if it's something other than esperanto, will become an influence in this dreadful world in which we live.  So far i've see nothing better than Esperanto to fill the roll, but there are those who take great joy in thinking their native tongues can do better.  Esperanto is as neutral and popular an auxiliary language as I've seen.  All national languages, by default, are suspect.

I think it was the League of Nations in the early 1900s that almost adopted Esperanto as an official language, but the French wouldn't go along with it; at the time, French was considered the international language....go figure.   

Reference for Majorsco

The official languages of the League of Nations were French, English[34] and Spanish (from 1920). The League considered adopting Esperanto as their working language and actively encouraging its use, but this proposal was never acted on.[35] In 1921 Lord Robert Cecil proposed the introduction of Esperanto into state schools of member nations, and a report was commissioned.[36] When the report was presented two years later, it recommended the adoption of Cecil's idea, a proposal that 11 delegates accepted.[35] The strongest opposition came from the French delegate, Gabriel Hanotaux, partially to protect French, which he argued was already the international language.[37] As a result of such opposition, the recommendation was not accepted.[38]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/League_of_Nations

Edited by pabridez
Paul

To the Original Poster:

You contacted me asking for a specific forum be set up just for those who speak Esperanto. On a very, VERY liberal estimate, 2,000,000 people speak it. I doubt it is that high, after researching this language.

Obviously, I will not be creating a forum for this language. Obviously, you need to find a forum where they speak this language. 

This topic is done. 

Dude, if you are in Cebu, learn a language that is going to benefit you, like Cebuano. 

• Like 1