Attn Ozepete: 3cc DC Compressor?

Paul

We have developed a 3cc DC compressor with driver and controller system that runs at 74watts (12VDC) and has no start-up current rush. 

Couple of questions:

1. Who is "we", if you don't mind?

2. Could you post a bit more information about this? They would be perfect for 3rd World (developing) countries.

Ozepete

'We' is my family company Ozefridge Industries P/L and another originally US company.

Jointly we have developed this system, the result of many years of trials and failures but the end result is quite good, bloody brilliant in fact. 

We are holding things low key for commercial reasons but I will get one of the lads to do a video showing the start-up of this system and how it is optimised. It is the control and drive that provides the economies. 

Among many now operating worldwide, we have a client testing a 180 liter top opening cabinet and he is consuming on average less than 8 watts per hour! This system is located west of Sydney so it is in an average environment but is fridge only (+2c to +4c) not a freezer. (The bottom of our web page 'Why Eutectic' at ozefridge provides a copy of results emailed to us.) 

As this project evolved we had intended and hoped to established a processing plant in Cebu but too many dramas and corruption changed all that, unfortunately. 

With a large portion of food produced in developing countries being wasted due to the lack of proper storage/ handling said to be near 30% and other amounts being of lesser quality than need be, there is a huge demand for efficient refrigeration. Refrigeration that is basic, robust, highly efficient and can operate while withstanding the poor/ erratic power supplies is now possible because we can and are doing it.

Trying to get others onto the same page is another story!

• Like 9
Brucewayne

Ya gotta love technology created out of necessity!

Paul

Holy shite, mate! I hope, in the (not so distant) future, one of these will be sittin' at our farm! 

As you know, it is 100% off grid there, no power lines - or any other utilities, for 5 Kilometers. 

What kind of current draw are we talkin' here?

contraman

Holy shite, mate!

Excited ?

Careful Paul, We don't want you to have a heart attack

Heartattack.png

Paul

Excited ?

Careful Paul, We don't want you to have a heart attack

Heartattack.png

Mate, this is a very good thing, for people with off-grid solar.

1. It removes the necessity of having to run a voltage inverter to supply a refrigerator. Voltage inverters, while allowing you to run AC appliances from your DC system, still add a significant amount of loss to that system, over all. The best inverters available today are still not much more than 90% efficient. By the time you get to that efficiency, you are talking serious money to even purchase one.

2. This system will be significantly more efficient than others available to the general public, today. I am talking about in comparison with refrigerators that are available in the caravan / travel trailer industry.

Granted, this is solely for refrigeration, not freezing. But, this is a very good thing.

Until he mentioned this, I have only been able to consider a multi-input (220ac / 12vdc / LPG) unit. 

I look forward to viewing the video.

• Like 2