Do any members have montessori experience?

KennyF

We have a 31/2 year old that we're seriously thinking of enrolling in the Montessori preschool here on Camiguin.

Any information, bad or good  would be appreciated.

KonC.

Brucewayne

Check and see if they are truly using the Montessori method.

We sent my wife's sister to San Roque in Yati, they claimed to be using the Montessori method, but after a few visits, we found out it was just a title to them so they could charge more money.

Needless to say, we pulled her out and put her into a better school for less money "Christie Fidelis".

• Like 1
sugbu777

Check and see if they are truly using the Montessori method.

We sent my wife's sister to San Roque in Yati, they claimed to be using the Montessori method, but after a few visits, we found out it was just a title to them so they could charge more money.

Needless to say, we pulled her out and put her into a better school for less money "Christie Fidelis".

good advice.
Headed that way

Not in the Philippines but I used them for my two oldest boys years ago in Arkansas.  Had to get on the waiting list when the kids were born, head nun went to school with my ex MIL.  Kids did good, liked it, and it gave them both a good head start in schooling.  Expensive as crap at the time.

meylou

My son and three nephews all attended Montessori de Manila. This is an excellent school but I can only speak for Montessori de Manila.  All four boys got accepted at De La Salle Alabang after their preschool at Montessori. 

You do need to check if they are using the Montessori method, like Brucewayne suggested. Otherwise, the school is a Montessori school in name only.    

softail

My wife worked at Montessori school in her hometown for over a year and has been working at Kindercare in the US for over 7 years. She said that the Montessori school she worked at was very good with a lot of one on one if the child was a fast learner.

Headshot

We considered the Children's Paradise Montessori school across the road from SHS Ateneo de Cebu in Mandaue City, but we eliminated them from our list when they told us they wouldn't give us the prices unless we first paid for an entrance exam (and our daughter passed the exam). I have no doubt our could have easily passed their test (this is nursery school we're talking about), but it just rubbed us the wrong way that they didn't want to tell us their prices right up front. When a school wants money from you even before you enroll your child, that tells me they are more interested in getting your money than they are in educating your child.

• Like 2