Sign in to follow this  
miles-high

☆☆☆dining… Is it worth it? ;)

miles-high

I thought I would take my Filipina GF to a real 3-star restaurant – I always want to try Maison Pic by Anne-Sophie Pic (which Google, Yahoo! or Bing ;)). Sorry for these low-res pics but we needed to use a very small cam to not disturb other customers. (Incidentally, many of the customers looked like spies from other restaurants… :D)

The total for the dinner, lodging and b-fast was €1,860… Was it worth it? Just looking at at the smile on her face, yes!

15.png12.jpg

2.jpg5.jpg

7.jpg9.jpg

41.jpg61.jpg

• Like 2

Half Baked

The design on the floor looks like it was drawn by Salvador Dali, back when he was a crime scene investigator.

My wife says, "When the lighting is low, the prices are high!"

Its okay to do once in a blue moon.

Edit: Are you really sure you got true sea bass? A lot of places like to substitute with Patagonian Toothfish.

Edited by Half Baked
  • Like 1

tim

good move.. it is nice to spoil the one u want once in a while...

thanks for the report...

• Like 2

Headshot

My wife would have said we could have flown to Coron and stayed a week at a nice beach resort for the same price. I think it is all about priorities. Most Filipinas look at very expensive (as in pretentious) food as a waste of money.

Edited by Headshot
  • Like 6

Siuk

There's not enough food there for a midget. Not even a pretentious one.

• Like 3

Hy H

How many pesos is that?   Not good at maths but looks somewhere around my 6 months rent. I do get here to smile few times in that time.

Priceless.   :pardon: 

spritsail

maybe the cost can be put down as aircraft crew stop over. Personally "nouveau cuisine", dainty portions with a sky high price would stomp me, but then the only food I can really taste is a spicy, hot indian curry - beef madras, or chicken andhra pradesh.  

JSL-USMC

I'll  take a chuck roast with tiny new carrots, Potaotes whipped into a white cloud. broth from the pot roast thickened for the potatoers. Steamed asparagus with salsa con queso right out of the jar and creamed peas. All of which I can whip out in 45 min except for the pot roast. Apple pie a la mode although I don't have pie crust quite down yet. I've eaten at some expensive restaurants here in Cebu none of which match up with Golden Corral..

• Like 3

I <3 Cebu

I guess so if you can afford it. We walked out of a place in aus because the mains were $50+ lol

Lucky I can go to the Philippines & eat/live/feel like a richie otherwise I'd never experience the spare no expense feeling.

Art

Are we talking 1,860 Euros here?  Because that is 110,000 pesos for two meals and a night in a hotel no one is ever going to call you a cheapskate on this forum.  

fred42

We were invited once to the Diamond hotel for dinner by friends..They paid for everything UNTIL the Mrs offered to order another bottle of wine!

Yes..She felt the kick to her shins all right!

So the wine list is given to me and Im transfixed by the cost column. 

I had to use a ruler to match the cheapest bottle of wine on the list..3,500 for a bottle of Chateau neaf du pape.. I used the ruler because below it  there was a  bottle of red plonk for 150,000 PHP!!

Scary experience..

And yes..I did say to the waiter.."THIS ONE...NOT THAT ONE"!!

Edited by fred42
  • Like 1

Contango

Maison Pic €1,860, worth it? probably not..personally i would of rather had 3 nights in the Maldives or a week in a half descent HK hotel, Feck pretty much spent it on anything else.

Headshot

I'll  take a chuck roast with tiny new carrots, Potaotes whipped into a white cloud. broth from the pot roast thickened for the potatoers. Steamed asparagus with salsa con queso right out of the jar and creamed peas. All of which I can whip out in 45 min except for the pot roast. Apple pie a la mode although I don't have pie crust quite down yet. I've eaten at some expensive restaurants here in Cebu none of which match up with Golden Corral..

John...look at your PM's

sjp

110,000 hmmm. I have a really nice bottle of water you can have for only 40,000 to wash down those few morsels of food you got. If I had your money I could throw mine away

• Like 1