Sign in to follow this  
BayMan

Recreational saltwater fishing around Cebu ?

BayMan

The title is fairly self explanatory but just to get a bit more specific , does anyone have knowledge of what the fishing is like inshore / offshore , pelagics ( surface fish e.g. mackeral , wahoo , dolphin fish ( i.e. Mahi Mahi NOT cetacean dolphins ) or bottom bashing for reef fish in shallow waters or deeper water bottom fishing further offshore ? Any decent charter boat operators work from or near Cebu city / Mactan / elsewhere within striking distance ? 

Cheers all :-)

• Like 1

I <3 Cebu

I had a little go from the shores in south Cebu, it's just too shallow for the first 100m or so & the spots where i could get out i only caught eels. I'd love to find a cheap boat or canoe so i could get out further.

I must say, i was very dissapointed, its nothing like the warmer waters in aus, i was expecting to be fighting GT's n shit in Cebu.

The locals have no problem catching small fish with nets & tiny baits. I took a couple of telescopic rods, some lures & bait gear, sourced fresh squid & prawns from the market but my aussie style of fishing didn't work, my mrs brother nearly laughed when i told him how i was going to fish!

Hopefully this thread will provide some tips, dont mind a bit of fishing & the lady likes it too. Will be giving a charter boat a go hopefully in a month or so when im back, theres a vendor on here

• Like 1

Jim Sibbick

What ever you do, don't go fishing close to Cebu City. 

You will understand why when watching the water turn brown from the run off every time it rains.

BayMan

Thanks Jim ( I get it ) and 1<3Cebu , I've just realised there is a more appropriate area for this thread , i.e. under "Boating, Swimming, Diving, & Fishing In The Philippines"  , may I respectfully ask the board mods to relocate this thread to there or simply delete it . Cheers people .

Aerosick

may I respectfully ask the board mods to relocate this thread to there

Topic moved.

davedude

I am interested in this also. I found another blog about fishing in the philippines but details there are few. Several of the reports are from the Cebu City area. Shrimp, squid, and some artificials catching a variety of different fish.

I am wondering if a license is necessary?

Along the Texas coast the fishing is quite awesome and of course regulated by the state.

Dave Dude