a heads up on importing

smokey

like BOB said there is nothing wrong with having one here but it is just not the most practical thing to own.

get jammed up between a couple jeepney that don't give a shit  then see how wonderful it is with them grinding your fenders.

its a status thing and if you can do it  then go for it

As long as the windows are dark tinted no one will mess with it and as a back up there is insurance

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• smokey

• easy44

• towboat72

• SkyMan

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If you ever plan on trying to import a car or bike by using the NDI program which is where your wife went to the us or europe and can prove she was there over one year and worked she is able to import

i'd like to import my vette, hope it doesn't cost as much as urs

Really well real grief can come in many forms like , drinking or doing drugs or dating women who are to young to legally buy beer or renting a gf by the hour,or smoking we all do and have things that

Posted Images

smokey

Since the vehicle or bike needs to be in the wife's name do the imports need to be something your wife she is capable of driving? Is this a question customs would ask? As an example we have a 2012 Ford F350 Super Cab 4x4. My wife is 4'11" and can barely see over the steering wheel and I don't think will ever be able to drive it safely.

I would not import a F350 for a lot of reason's but just curious if customs needs to think it's for the wife and not for me.

Samsung Note3

What self respecting guy is going to give a hard time to a fillapno women who drives a vett really she sent someone to represent her its not getting the car into the Philippines that is hard for me its getting it shipped from here

Since the vehicle or bike needs to be in the wife's name do the imports need to be something your wife she is capable of driving? Is this a question customs would ask? As an example we have a 2012 Ford F350 Super Cab 4x4. My wife is 4'11" and can barely see over the steering wheel and I don't think will ever be able to drive it safely.

I would not import a F350 for a lot of reason's but just curious if customs needs to think it's for the wife and not for me.

Samsung Note3

Bottom line is always show me the $$$$

smokey

This is the last thing I will say about this there are 100 things that can go wrong importing a used car and if it works I will be happy but if it dont oh well its not the end of the world because when all is said and done you have to remember its only a car nothing more a machine a boy toy if it was that important to me as many think it is I would just stay in the us and while I like the car I would sell it in a heartbeat

• Like 3
thebob

Keep us informed Smokey, I hope this works out for you.

Enuff

Isn't that a CHE VETT

Yes but still a vette

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

roadking

All very well brining in a car/bike here in pieces,just try registering it  with the LTO ,even if you do { under the table of course } try selling it on &  registering the change of ownership, dam near impossible. as invariably the LTO will have no  record of it on file.

smokey

All very well brining in a car/bike here in pieces,just try registering it  with the LTO ,even if you do { under the table of course } try selling it on &  registering the change of ownership, dam near impossible. as invariably the LTO will have no  record of it on file.

well i had a ford explorer 3 door sport model a 1996 with a 4 L engine ... the paper work said it was a 2002 ford ranger pick up with 4 door and a 2.5 L engine but i sold it and there was no problem maybe i was just lucky or maybe that is just the way it is..

smokey

Well as I sit here in my hotel room ready to head out back to cebu in 16 hours I leave not knowing if my dam car is coming or not its still at the shippers waiting for export documents oh well my mechanical friend will we meet again .???

spydoo

What about the poor quality of fuel, will that be an issue?

smokey

What about the poor quality of fuel, will that be an issue?

I think the fuel in cebu is hotter then the west I hope to see my car in cebu

• Like 1
easy44

Good luck. Hope you have better luck than others I have heard about. Once they find out you have a Corvette in the container they will hold it for ransome.

Enuff

My nephew starts OJT for his degree in customs soon. If your car is still tied up I will have him look into it. Maybe let me take it for a spin. Don't worry I will be gentle.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

• Like 1
Brucewayne

What about if it comes in as a rolling shell? Send motor and trans to another port? Just dont cut it up like they do with multicabs

Sent from my GT-S7275R using Tapatalk

I know a guy who sent a Virago motorcycle to himself by Balakbayan.

He got it all together and tried to register it as a a home built bike.

He was told that the bike that he paid $2,000 for in the states would cost him P45,000 to register here unless he could show receipts that all of the parts were bought in the Philippines.

It was parted out and sold for P35,000.

Brucewayne

Isn't that a CHE VETT

I thought it was a "She-vette"?

smokey

Good luck. Hope you have better luck than others I have heard about. Once they find out you have a Corvette in the container they will hold it for ransome.

well if you knew who was helping us you would say i guess that will not be a problem/// its the us side i am worried about ...

Edited by smokey