Sign in to follow this  
smokey

a heads up on importing

smokey
Im not sheding any tears for you. and I guess it really doesn't make any diff  if I understand it or not,but still sounds like a lot of grief to me

Well to me grief is an addition like drinking or drugs a car to me is a hobby

• Like 3

smokey

I thought it had to be owned less than 6 months to be considered a new car.  And I wonder when that 6 months starts.  Between red tape and shipping, you might exceed the 6 months right there.  :)

Some relish the challenge in and of itself.  It may not be having the car but being able to say, I got it here.  :)

Has to be owned for 6 months the car can be up to 10 years old look up NDI auto import

towboat72

I stand corrected ,ill try not to be wrong again

I <3 Cebu

So far it's been my experience that NOTHING is impossible if you find the right path

Ah I just realized aus cars are RHD, looks like the Mrs will be riding a new R1 to work lol

• Like 1

smokey

Ah I just realized aus cars are RHD, looks like the Mrs will be riding a new R1 to work lol

we all understand and forgive you for being from the wrong country  :yahoo:

T.S.

I don't understand why someone would even want to own let alone drive a corvette in the Philippines

sounds like grief to me

What is wrong with driving a Corvette? I have seen Corvettes, Porsches, Lamborghinis, Ferraris, etc, in the Philippines.

• Like 1

thebob

What is wrong with driving a Corvette? I have seen Corvettes, Porsches, Lamborghinis, Ferraris, etc, in the Philippines.

There is nothing "wrong" with driving a Corvette here but it isn't going to be very "practical". I'm just imagining driving from Talisay to the City in bumper to bumper traffic in a low wide car with a large turning circle.

I can kind of get Smokeys POV because he is infatuated with this car and wants the satisfaction of knowing that he has managed to bring it here himself.

• Like 2

smokey

There is nothing "wrong" with driving a Corvette here but it isn't going to be very "practical". I'm just imagining driving from Talisay to the City in bumper to bumper traffic in a low wide car with a large turning circle.

I can kind of get Smokeys POV because he is infatuated with this car and wants the satisfaction of knowing that he has managed to bring it here himself.

I like looking at it like an art work and we have lots of nice roads to play on and if I can get it there it a good investment

• Like 2

Enuff

i'd like to import my vette, hope it doesn't cost as much as urs

imagesCAWME87I.jpg

• Like 4

towboat72

like BOB said there is nothing wrong with having one here but it is just not the most practical thing to own.

get jammed up between a couple jeepney that don't give a shit  then see how wonderful it is with them grinding your fenders.

its a status thing and if you can do it  then go for it

thebob

I like looking at it like an art work and we have lots of nice roads to play on and if I can get it there it a good investment

I've no idea about the investment part, but I do find the roads to be improving over on our side of the province.

Are you going to hire a driver Smokey?

roaddog

I had a 65 Vett. I'm pretty good at missing the bigger pot holes. You buy the beer and I'll even drive it around for free.

Mandingo

Since the vehicle or bike needs to be in the wife's name do the imports need to be something your wife she is capable of driving? Is this a question customs would ask? As an example we have a 2012 Ford F350 Super Cab 4x4. My wife is 4'11" and can barely see over the steering wheel and I don't think will ever be able to drive it safely.

I would not import a F350 for a lot of reason's but just curious if customs needs to think it's for the wife and not for me.

Samsung Note3

easy44

Since the vehicle or bike needs to be in the wife's name do the imports need to be something your wife she is capable of driving? Is this a question customs would ask? As an example we have a 2012 Ford F350 Super Cab 4x4. My wife is 4'11" and can barely see over the steering wheel and I don't think will ever be able to drive it safely.

I would not import a F350 for a lot of reason's but just curious if customs needs to think it's for the wife and not for me.

Samsung Note3

I don't think you have to be able to drive to own a car.  Two different issues.

• Like 2

smokey

i'd like to import my vette, hope it doesn't cost as much as urs

Isn't that a CHE VETT

• Like 1