Sign in to follow this  
smokey

a heads up on importing

smokey

for many many many years i have heard dont try to import anything it cost to much but really if you have a bike or car your really like and your moving to the philippines what is wrong with trying to bring it with you ,, if you can afford it like an old mustang you have you wax it your baby it and then the love bug bites and now you have to sell it and drive a nissan march?   Or sell your beloved harley you have had for 6 years and drive a honda ... come on ... if i am sucessful and that is a big if i think it will be worth it to ME>>>>>>anyone thinking of doing the same pm me and i will give you the how to and what NOT to do

• Like 2

Tinbum

The specific rules you have discovered are EXACTLY the reason i had to sell off my bikes before moving here. So many conflicting stories but we got the truth in the end. Then realised that we did not have the time left to change titles over or to even get a title in the first place for one of them!! about selling off bikes you have had for 20 years that you have restored from the ground up. Difficult decision, but a realistic one.

http://www.livingincebuforums.com/index.php?app=core&module=search&do=user_activity&search_app=gallery&mid=13865&userMode=all&sid=d15401c4126a28c382376d565669cf6a

Edited by Tinbum

smokey

The specific rules you have discovered are EXACTLY the reason i had to sell off my bikes before moving here. So many conflicting stories but we got the truth in the end. Then realised that we did not have the time left to change titles over or to even get a title in the first place for one of them!! about selling off bikes you have had for 20 years that you have restored from the ground up. Difficult decision, but a realistic one.

http://www.livingincebuforums.com/index.php?app=core&module=search&do=user_activity&search_app=gallery&mid=13865&userMode=all&sid=d15401c4126a28c382376d565669cf6a

I had to change a title yesterday to show my wife as owner

I <3 Cebu

By title you mean registration ?, what if she doesnt work ?

This is promising, i can just buy a cheap shitbox base model & transfer the running gear from my race car. Full legit R35 killer!

Tinbum

Wont work!!!!

Best you PM Smokey for the full regs but its like this from memory.

Registration/ title in her name for min of 6 mnths.

She has to have been abroard more than 3 (?) years

She has to prove working for at minimum 1 year.

Income related to cost of car she owns. So a cleaner cant bring in a Lambo.

Possibly bank withdrawls or receipt for purchase of vehicle in her name.....................

Ask the clown!!!!

smokey

This is promising, i can just buy a cheap shitbox base model & transfer the running gear from my race car. Full legit R35 killer!

So far it's been my experience that NOTHING is impossible if you find the right path

smokey

bottom line if you want to bring your bike or car and have an acr or are married i can lead you to the path of least resistance and i found that path thru trial and error  any way you bring a car or bike expect to pay some fee and taxes.. there are only two sure things in life my mother used to say... death and taxes and till you reach one you will pay the other 

towboat72

I don't understand why someone would even want to own let alone drive a corvette in the Philippines

sounds like grief to me

• Like 1

easy44

I don't understand why someone would even want to own let alone drive a corvette in the Philippines

sounds like grief to me

It's for the chicks man, the chicks.

smokey

sounds like grief to me

Really well real grief can come in many forms like , drinking or doing drugs or dating women who are to young to legally buy beer or renting a gf by the hour,or smoking we all do and have things that confuse others but that is fine and just so you shed no tears for me I have already been offered 1.8 million p for the car but I want to keep this great investment and wish I could of imported two vets but I have NOT received all the clearances I need yet so its always possible I might not be lucky enough to bring this great investment

• Like 4

SkyMan

Ask the clown!!!!
So on a wag, what would you guess to be the percentage of car price you'd have to import the car under the BB priv program including taxes and fees but not shipping?

smokey

So on a wag, what would you guess to be the percentage of car price you'd have to import the car under the BB priv program including taxes and fees but not shipping?

i can only say that the path has had many bumps and grinds but to be truthful i could not talk about such things on a public forum or my wife would kill me for sure , had the sun shined in the right place for me i would of loved to have owned at the time a lexus RX 350 or a Mercedes M series or even a bmw suv all great cars for cebu and high quality but the deal is you have to have owned the unit for at least 6 months.. your wife if she is the primary has to have had a job and she had to be overseas at least one year and the program is called NDI  /// shipping in my case is going to be 1875 for a 20 foot container ... 300 for insurance if you want.. and 450 it cost me to get it from arizona to california port  

But not to get ahead of myself i have not cleared customs yet .. you need to clear customs in usa then BIS in manila and the money part is all customs deal then LTO for a plate.. so you need to be guided its not for the faint hearted                

Edited by smokey

towboat72

Im not sheding any tears for you. and I guess it really doesn't make any diff  if I understand it or not,but still sounds like a lot of grief to me

but I hope it works for you

SkyMan
smokey, on 23 May 2014 - 10:42 AM, said: the deal is you have to have owned the unit for at least 6 months..

I thought it had to be owned less than 6 months to be considered a new car.  And I wonder when that 6 months starts.  Between red tape and shipping, you might exceed the 6 months right there.  :)

,but still sounds like a lot of grief to me
Some relish the challenge in and of itself.  It may not be having the car but being able to say, I got it here.  :) Edited by SkyMan

smokey

Wont work!!!!

Best you PM Smokey for the full regs but its like this from memory.

Registration/ title in her name for min of 6 mnths.

She has to have been abroard more than 3 (?) years

She has to prove working for at minimum 1 year.

Income related to cost of car she owns. So a cleaner cant bring in a Lambo.

Possibly bank withdrawls or receipt for purchase of vehicle in her name.....................

Ask the clown!!!!

Time overseas is one year wife should have job my problem was I was the one to go to dmv so car was in my name only cost 16 us to add wife to title