The Department of Veteran Affairs is disfunctional!

Majorsco

Obama, in a news conference today, said that fixing the VA problems and serving vets was one of the causes of his presidency (paraphrased).  What a joke!  He gives speech after speech since his candidacy, then in office, and does absolutely nothing except increase its budget. Throwing money at a problem doesn't fix it.  He had no focus except from a campaigning perspective.  Promise fixes, deliver nothing.

• Like 4
  • Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• lamoe

• Majorsco

• Scruffydog

• Cebudog

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Getting off topic but I do wish you'd actually read what I wrote.   I specifically said - "not only military but at least something to deserve their perks"   VISTA, Peace Corps, Red Cross, anythin

I am surprised we have not talked about the POOR  health care service/s the VA has provided to our vets over the last many, many years....   The news in the US regarding this, is going rabid!   Th

I very seldom swear - at least on this forum- but this really pisses me off.   Just watched on FOX - VA official lie though his ass   THERE IS NOT SECRET WAIT LIST !!! And he's right. The motherf*

lamoe

Do you really expect anything of real substance from a progressive?

We're just THINGS to him, not men and women, we're just WORDS (remember that cute little sound bite?) well Prissy you're words are coming back to bite you in the ass and the words you should be thinking about now are failed presidency.

No one was fired, there wasn't even a hint  that heads would roll.

Edited by lamoe
  • Like 4
smokey

basically i think the care is ok and the price is right i did have a surgury in portland va and they keep putting it off and putting it off so i just did it in cebu it was a tumor about the size of a baseball .. cost me about 330.000 p but i had other stuff done same time ... va is very very very slow

• Like 1
mpt1947

I wonder if King obama and Congress know that the Manila OPC picks and chooses which vets to see. It frosts my balls that it is the only VA facility in the world, at least that I know of, where I can't get medical care.

I don't if King know or not - but Bush apparently didn't know either 

Majorsco

I don't if King know or not - but Bush apparently didn't know either 

For the Bush folks to brief the Obama transition team on the VA problems including the fact that they didn't believe the wait times being reported by the liars at the VA, they had to know something.  How much they knew of the secret lists, is an open question, or maybe they didn't know about that, but there were many IG investigations that were done and didn't uncover it.  

mpt1947

I wonder if King obama and Congress know that the Manila OPC picks and chooses which vets to see. It frosts my balls that it is the only VA facility in the world, at least that I know of, where I can't get medical care.

I don't if the King knows or not - but Bush apparently didn't know either 

If Obama was a vet of any branch of the military, even totally stateside for one hitch, he would understand better. He and Clinton, neither had military service if any kind which explains their disconnected attitude. Even Bush was in the national guard, whether or not people had issues with his attendance, he did serve, as well as coming from a military family.

The fiasco at Walter Reed.... hmmmmm oh yeah that was Air National Guard hero George W Bush

Had McCain won  we could be in worse shape then we are now - McCain hasn't found a VA Bill he hasn't seen fit to Vote For yet - 

I have seen this argument used to describe voting in Congress - Bernie Saunders has not spent one day in military service is bending over backwards for the Military and Veterans 

Jeff Miller Chair of the Veteran's Committee House of Representatives Republican from Florida - Supports Vets - No Military Service 

Making that a requirement is a waste of good Politicians from both sides of the aisle.

Majorsco
The fiasco at Walter Reed.... hmmmmm oh yeah that was Air National Guard hero George W Bush

Keep in mind Walter Reed was on the Congress mandated BRAC closure list, under which bases start curtailing maintenance and construction. The number of vets needing support got it a reprieve for a while.  Yes, there was a mold problem, but it also got fixed after it was identified and it didn't take six years like Obama's current problem.   

Bush has a much greater understanding and appreciation for the vets than Obama ever will.  Bush's commitment to wounded warriors in his charity work is highly praised.  What has Obama ever personally done for a vet?  Nothing yet, but time will tell.

Edited by Majorsco
  • Administrator
Salty Dog

I'm no Obama basher but I was watching the news from the US today (not Fox) and they pointed out something I hadn't noticed.

When the billionaire owner of the LA pro basketball team made a raciest remark, Obama mentioned it within hours, even while in a foreign nation.

When Tyron Martin was shot in Florida by Zimmerman, Obama said that could have been his son.

While both these incidents were headline news, they measured about 0.000001 on the who really gives a feck meter.

Now along comes the VA scandal that affects millions of some of our country's most deserving people and nada, zip, from the President for over a week.

Edited by Salty Dog
  • Like 3
Majorsco

Now along comes the VA scandal that affects millions of some of our country's most deserving people and nada, zip, from the President for over a week.

Supporting the Vets or the Active Duty military is not forwarding a progressive agenda. Actually, the opposite.

lamoe

My timeline with VA

May 5th dropped into local Illinois vet advocacy center - spoke to rep (previous Army but didn't that against her) - she scheduled apt for local VA clnic on the 7th, primary doc said yep we'd better get you a consult with regional hospital in Madison Wisconsin.

Called Madison today - had record of call from Rockford on the 7th but nothing done - surprise / surprise - earliest they can see me is June 20 th - 6 weeks not bad I guess

Of course it is listed as visit for possible cancer but what the hell? Right?

smokey

For the Bush folks to brief the Obama transition team on the VA problems including the fact that they didn't believe the wait times being reported by the liars at the VA, they had to know something.  How much they knew of the secret lists, is an open question, or maybe they didn't know about that, but there were many IG investigations that were done and didn't uncover it.  

there is also two types of list... a list that is know by everyone except the press and the public and a list that is know by the press and the public totally different ways to address this type of info 

Scruffydog

This may sound crazy, but as someone who just dumped the VA, and signed up for Obamacare. Not trying to start that debate, I was forced to use obama care for my wife and i could sign up for 20 bucks more per month so why not.

Obama care is basically subsidized insurance.You can use it anywhere you want. Would it not save Tons of money to close the VA medical care system, and just put those Vets on ,Obama care and make  the benefits and cost comparable to the VA. Basically just pay for their care in the private system. It would have to be cheaper 

lamoe

You DO NOT get to pick any doctor or hospital on Obamacare- you get to chose from the ones they say you can use.

The VA IS Obamacare only run better :sarcasm:

They pick your doctors, hospitals, medicines, and even if you get them. Yes, that's right - if they say you're too old for a hip - it's FU

Remember Prissy saying "maybe your granny would have been better off with pain medicine" - read doped up until she died.

I would have though by now anyone who has read the numerous posts would realize that the government has NEVER administered a program that works 

That includes the military - Korea, Vietnam, Iraq, Afghanistan, etc. Once they get their hands on it - it always goes to shit with graft, corporation, mismanagement, politics over what's required.

Edited by lamoe
  • Like 1
Scruffydog

You DO NOT get to pick any doctor or hospital on Obamacare- you get to chose from the ones they say you can use.

The VA IS Obamacare only run better :sarcasm:

They pick your doctors, hospitals, medicines, and even if you get them. Yes, that's right - if they say you're too old for a hip - it's FU

Remember Prissy saying "maybe your granny would have been better off with pain medicine" - read doped up until she died.

I would have though by now anyone who has read the numerous posts would realize that the government has NEVER administered a program that works 

That includes the military - Korea, Vietnam, Iraq, Afghanistan, etc. Once they get their hands on it - it always goes to shit with graft, corporation, mismanagement, politics over what's required.

I have Obama Care thru no fault of my own. It's pretty much the same BCBS policy I had when I was working and paying an arm and leg for it

Don't get me wrong this is not a Commercial for Obama care

All I am saying is that there are numerous private faculties in all places where there are VA clinics and Hospitals, that can do it better and cheaper.. Why not just provide us Vets Insurance or put is in tri-Care.

I had to completely drop my VA eligibility to participate in Obama care. That ought to tell you something 

lamoe

The main issue is Obamacare is it's  like the cable  companies.

Great deals and bargains to get you to sign but once you are it's we've got you now. Think Ponzi scam.

Have you ever seen a gov program the improves ?

Public housing - Google Carbrinigreens in Chicago

Food Stamps

Welfare

Iphone

Itablets

Etc., etc., etc.

Public programs only work when the public doesn't use them

If it is working for you and you've had no problems - great for you - not being sarcastic but what has your experience been so far? 

Got to see the doctor you wanted?

the hospital?

the treatment?