Can someone explain what 100% disability means?

ozboy

BGGruff, or..can someone explain what 100% disability means...to a layperson like myself it sounds like you are pretty much bedridden..

• Like 3
  • Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• smokey

• contraman

• mpt1947

• Salty Dog

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

One of the things I have experienced in some bars here in Cebu, are guys openly boasting about how they are using the system to collect money that (even they know) they are fraudulently claiming.  

Whatever 100% disability for vets means, it means that a VA doctor who is told to reject as many claims as possible, has decided that the person in question is entitled to that rating and while I did

I've seen many so called 100% disabled veterans that work full time, play tennis, ride a motorcycle or do just about anything they want. My father worked at the USPS and there were numerous 100% disab

Davaoeno

do you mean the US definition or the Oz definition ?

jtmwatchbiz

too many of the barfly special ops here in cebu city it means cha-ching

• Like 4
ozboy

Davao..actually did not intend it as a new topic lol...but BG said in a comment that he was 100% disabled...so just curious....US or anywhere for that matter...

Davaoeno

We talked about this last year because i posted that my friend who was USMC Recon and got shot down and was a guest of the Cong for 16 months was 100% disabled - but still able to work for the US Marshall's office.  Apparently part of his disability is mental 

contraman

I'm confused, if one has a 100% disability, then how can they work period? - little lone the US Marshalls Office where I would have thought would have required at least 100% ability.

It just doesn't add.

lamoe

I'm 30%, maybe upped after next week - have hearing about broken coccyx 

It can be for a single aliment or accumulative

Congresswoman who lost arm only 30 % if I remember correctly.

Me - deafness in one ear, PTSD (mild). and compensation for spending 11 months in hospital, Colouracne from Agent Orange to be determined

so, it is possible to have multiple instances that equal 100% but still be fully functional. 

Partial deafness, PTSD, missing and eye, hand, etc.

• Like 1
Davaoeno

it seems that the military has a different definition of 100% disability than some other places do :

Veterans of the United States Armed Forces who have been found disabled by the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) due to a disability connected to active service may also be eligible for Social Security disability benefits. This article will consider whether or not the SSA has to take the VA's determination of an applicant's disability into consideration when determining whether or not the applicant is eligible for Social Security disability benefits

Davaoeno

I'm 30%, maybe upped after next week - have hearing about broken coccyx 

It can be for a single aliment or accumulative

Congresswoman who lost arm only 30 % if I remember correctly.

Me - deafness in one ear, PTSD (mild). and compensation for spending 11 months in hospital, Colouracne from Agent Orange to be determined

so, it is possible to have multiple instances that equal 100% but still be fully functional. 

Partial deafness, PTSD, missing and eye, hand, etc.

thats the case with my friend . PTSD, agent orange, enemy captive, intestines held in by wire mesh etc etc   [ his helicopter got shot down 2x ]  But still a big big boy and able to work for the US Marshalls 

BossHog

the US definition

you get a blue government-issued ice cooler

to do the grocery shopping

and often get confused as to which restaurant you're actually in.

• Like 7
lamoe

you get a blue government-issued ice cooler

to do the grocery shopping

and often get confused as to which restaurant you're actually in.

?

• Like 1
Alan S

I took the question in the OP as a serious one.

Hence I have just  hidden two posts that were, I assume, meant as jokes.

• Like 1
contraman

I took the question in the OP as a serious one.

Hence I have just hidden two posts that were, I assume, meant as jokes.

No

Was serious and my comments were based upon my observations, something that I have seen

Which by the way, quite frankly disgusted me.

I feel you are taking your position as a mod too personal.

You as a mod must remember there are other points of view, and these may differ from yours.

In a fair forum, these would be heard, obviously not here.

Edited by contraman
  • Like 3
smokey

heck fire I have seen lots of disabled guys many in Cebu and many foreigners I think the most common disability I have seen here in Cebu is stick syndrome in

in laymen's terms its when a person has a stick keistered where the sun don't shine

• Like 1
Paul

No

Was serious and my comments were based upon my observations, something that I have seen

Which by the way, quite frankly disgusted me.

I feel you are taking your position as a mod too personal.

You as a mod must remember there are other points of view, and these may differ from yours.

In a fair forum, these would be heard, obviously not here.

I think I need to clear up some things here.

Alan is a long time Administrator of this forum. Since you brought me into this, after another Administrator had already handled it, I will tell you this. I no longer go against decisions that Alan makes on this forum. I did that once, and it came back to bite me on the ass. So, that will not happen again. He has made a decision and it stands. 

For the record, the posts in question that I saw removed, did not appear serious, or on topic. 

Lastly, I resent the statement you made, regarding this being an unfair forum. I assure you, members get to state things here that would, simply put, not be allowed on other Philippines related forums. Perhaps you should go back and read some brute honest replies that have been made in the past, regarding sensitive topics concerning the country and its people.

Edited by Paul