Message from my grandaughter's school....

Davaoeno

that's some messed up grammar/logic/syntax/ - whatever   !!!  Assuming that it was meant to be taken seriously I have to really question the local educational system .  Could it possibly have been sent as a joke ? I cant imagine it being otherwise .

Edited by Davaoeno
Paul

I could very well see that as being sent from a school in the Philippines. 

ozboy

Sorry Paul...just did not upload so tried to cancel....its a notice sent to parents and someone copied and posted it on kids fb page ...all real..just could not believe the grammar...

Edited by ozboy
Enuff

from what I see they are letting everyone know that 6/02 is the 1st day of classes.

students in the past have arrived on 1st day only to be burdened with preparing the school for classes. they are simply saying that they are using a week in May to prepare the classrooms and the 1st day of school will be the 1st day of learning.

sounds like they want to use the 1st day as a learning day and eliminate the possibility for students to be absent (trying to avoid any kind of work)

Alan S

Actual text:

Brigada
Eskwela aims to eradicate the people's notion on the first day of
class, June 2, 2014, as clean up time for school children. Parents
apprehend the idea and so let their kids be absent to shirk or avoid
the task of sweeping, repairing and organizing things in the
classroom. June 2, 2014 will be the first day of class for the school
year 2014-2015. Cleaning, repairing and fixing things or preparing
the classroom to become conducive will be on May 19-23, 2014.Parents
who wish to enrol their kids in CEPOC, please come to make the school
ready for the first day of school. Monday is the launching of the
week-long activity. See you there!

========================

So, the school expects the children or their parents to clean, repair and tidy the school before they can start work there.

No comment.!

• Admin (Retired)
broden

looks like it was run through google translator a few times before sending it out

• Like 1
Paul

Sorry Paul...just did not upload so tried to cancel....its a notice sent to parents and someone copied and posted it on kids fb page ...all real..just could not believe the grammar...

It worked fine. 

Just when you upload a file, it has an option to the right of it to actually attach it IN the text box. You had not done that, is all. 

It still shows up as attached, though.

Davaoeno

So, the school expects the children or their parents to clean, repair and tidy the school before they can start work there. No comment.!

Alan - my gf has been a teacher at the largest public school in Davao for 20 years.  All the classroom cleaning, repairs, painting etc are paid for by the parents.   There is a janitor who usually looks after about 4-5 classrooms and does cleaning and getting lunch for the teachers. The janitor is hired by those teachers, and the money is then collected from the parents. .   [ the teachers pay for their own lunch ]

cebubird

Alan - my gf has been a teacher at the largest public school in Davao for 20 years.  All the classroom cleaning, repairs, painting etc are paid for by the parents.   There is a janitor who usually looks after about 4-5 classrooms and does cleaning and getting lunch for the teachers. The janitor is hired by those teachers, and the money is then collected from the parents. .   [ the teachers pay for their own lunch ]

And WHERE ARE THE PARENTS AND TEACHERS standing up and saying-NOT ACCEPTABLE. To me, this is just another example of what holds this country back. People just accept whatever-and say "that's just the way we do it here". They just go along.

Example-this past year the private school where our kid was in nursery said we "needed" to pay 500pesos for activities related to UN day. I said I don't do ANYTHING to participate with this corrupt organization. as US taxpayers already waste enough money on this

organization. As a result another parent heard me and decided they didn't "need" to do this either.

• Like 2
Davaoeno

And WHERE ARE THE PARENTS AND TEACHERS standing up and saying-NOT ACCEPTABLE

I find it incredible that rather than pay a couple of thousand pesos a year to the school you would rather pay 40% of your taxes to the government to have them pay for those kind of things.  

as US taxpayers already waste enough money on this      - wow , you think that because you are a US citizen you should have some kind of special priviledged status here in the Philippines ?   What make you so special ?  If you think being an American makes you so special why arent you living in the US ???    I'm sure your attitude embarrasses the hell out of your kids . 

• Like 2
Enuff

Personally I find it acceptable and welcome the community taking care of itself.

When my kid was in school they had him selling everything from pizza, candy bars, gift wrap, mulch, greeting cards, popcorn and on and on.

I paid taxes for out my arse to teach my son how to sell for the school. It was all in the name of school trips and extra activities. Bottom line only one making a profit was the scumbag companies who were in the pockets of the schools for the rights to have children peddle their products.

I would have much rather help clean a classroom than have a 8 year old going door to door trying to sell overpriced crappie for some arsehole company who was raping the school system.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

• Like 3
cebubird

I find it incredible that rather than pay a couple of thousand pesos a year to the school you would rather pay 40% of your taxes to the government to have them pay for those kind of things.  

as US taxpayers already waste enough money on this   - wow , you think that because you are a US citizen you should have some kind of special priviledged status here in the Philippines ?   What make you so special ?  If you think being an American makes you so special why arent you living in the US ???    I'm sure your attitude embarrasses the hell out of your kids .

In your haste to make a personal attack, as you so often do, you didn't understand what I said, you just chose to "think" you understood, what you "thought" I said. And what you "thought" I said is wrong. What I said was I am not going to be told that I NEED to participate and pay for something which I do not approve of-NO MATTER WHAT IT IS.

Edited by Paul
Davaoeno

actually what you said is - and i will cut and paste it so that I dont get it wrong  " as US taxpayers already waste enough money on this   "      

comments like this have no place in a discussion about the parents role in a filipino school .     Al that I ask is that you please save your political rhetoric for the political threads . 

Edited by Davaoeno
Paul

Why don't you both respect someone else's topic - and drop it now.