What was your occupation in the Military?

mpt1947

Never piss off the cooks or the medical corpsmen

Or Seabees

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sugbu777

• lamoe

• Mr. Mike

• lopburi3

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Probably have a pretty easy job. Just reach around and pull some out of your diaper. Stop by again when you sober up. It's not often us old guys get to converse with a spoiled teenager. 

My dad spent a lot of time with the grunts. He was an Navy FMF Corpsman for 14 of his 20 yrs.

I jumped out of perfectly good airplanes.   When I got too scared to jump, they pushed me.

mpt1947

I was a 2831 Radio Relay Repair - When I got to Vietnam the radio I was suppose to repair had no spare parts - TRC 97, so they had me fixing PRC -6's  - Hand Held Walkie Talkie's - I had never seen one before

Without changing my MOS - I was sent to Supply - Best job I ever had - that was my first tour in Vietnam 

Second Tour I was Maintenance and Operated A Radio Relay Site between most of the Marine Units in I Corps - First Marine Div, 3rd Marine Div,  1st Marine Air Wing, III MAF - we were located inside of the 37th Signal Bn (US Army)

Again, not change to MOS 

Got out after Four Years in May 1969

Semper Fi

BlancoDiablo

Thanks for mentioning "regardless of branch", because I always felt left out when Marines always talk about what war they have been in and say the "Semper Fi" motto and thought it only meant for Marines on the actual battle field shooting at the enemy!

I have put in 30yrs of military service in the USAF and Reserve Unit in support of all of the wars, world crisis and relief efforts from in between the Vietnam crisis to the Kuwait invasion behind the lines stateside and overseas, in support of maintaining, servicing and the repair of the Air Force's largest cargo aircraft transports hauling our troops, weapons, heavy equipment and supplies where ever they were needed anywhere in the world!       

Every branch has a mission and the service members that service accomplish the mission well.  We Marines can't help that all the ladies think we are the best.   :yahoo:

• Like 1
lamoe

The point is not what you did - just that you did something

I include firemen, policemen, and all first responders as those who insure the freedom of strangers.

• Like 1
  • Administrator
Salty Dog

Every branch has a mission and the service members that service accomplish the mission well. We Marines can't help that all the ladies think we are the best. :yahoo:

While you Marines were storming the beaches in some far off place, us Coasties were keeping your ladies entertained.  :db: 

Sent from Note 3

Edited by Salty Dog
  • Like 3
NOSOCALPINOY

While you Marines were storming the beaches in some far off place, us Coasties were keeping your ladies entertained. B)

Sent from Note 3

And while the combat soldiers were storming the beaches and the Squids/Coasties were out at sea, who kept your ladies entertained?

Only one branch of service left who can be in both places before and after a bombing run or air to ground combat support!  :idontknow:

Edited by NOSOCALPINOY
lamoe

While you Marines were storming the beaches in some far off place, us Coasties were keeping your ladies entertained. B)

Sent from Note 3

Entertained as in the same as playing with a puppy - satisfied is something entirely differenet  :bashtroll:  :stick_poke:

Edited by lamoe