Sign in to follow this  
Majorsco

Aussie Married Filipina Without Knowing

Brucewayne

I won't say he's lucky because he's still an alcoholic gambler who has no respect for family or his wife and had an unattended 15 year old Korean boy living with him part time. Not saying there is anything going on, but????

Sounds lucky to me, lucky to be alive!

ozboy

Most law firms in Oz will not represent you but refere you to someone local.....your challenge is to find an atty here that you can trust to not milk you and string you along for months......

Majorsco

Since the below quoted text was made, I will not take time to read through the balance of this thread. Read my reply below, to explain why:

This doesn't matter. If he was in the country less than 10 days, he could not possibly have gotten married legally. That is one of the requirements to marry in the Philippines. You (foreigner) must have been in the country at least ten days, prior to being able to (legally) marry.

That is his out. He will have the stamps in his passport to prove that.

Yes, I completely agree, but he must now go against the corrupt judge which has its own perils . I know it a scam, but at the same time if this guy had brains and would have read the documents before signing he wouldn't be in this mess.

hyaku

Would he really

Yes, I completely agree, but he must now go against the corrupt judge which has its own perils . I know it a scam, but at the same time if this guy had brains and would have read the documents before signing he wouldn't be in this mess.

Would he really have to do that? Presented back to NSO they have little choice but to declare it null and void. I don't know how they go about that but its their problem.

A friend went there to find out the name on the marriage cert was different to to her name on her live birth and was told because of that she was 'never married'.

• Like 1

ozboy

Law of averages.....expect a problem and find there is no problem........expect no problem and find you do have a problem...

HTM

If he gets a divorce abroad he don't need an annulment here!
A divorce abroad are valid here but Supreme Court of the Philippines say that a divorce obtained abroad has to be recognized first by Philippine court before it have an effect here in the Philippines.
You need a petition for the recognition of the foreign divorce decree to be filed in courts in order to get the recognition here in the Philippines, NOT a normal annulment.

Alternatively, he may file a complaint with the Ombudsman on those involved, judges, etc.
This will also result in that this marriage is not valid, if his story is a correctly

• Like 5

roaddog

I'm not going to bother to go back to page 1 but in post #43 Paul states quit clearly about the 10 day thing. But still the experts throw the advice. Why is this on post on #50? The dude so worried get your devorce in your home country and don't worry about it. take her to HK get married. Don't make a problem where there is no problem.

SkyMan

The guy's a bonehead and I would advise any relatives, yayas, etc. to stay the hell away from him.

And I'd tell the guy congrats on his marriage, stay in Oz and stay away from women.

Edited by SkyMan
  • Like 4

Davaoeno

Why is this on post on #50?

since you are still posting I assume you are talking to yourself ????

Paul

No, he doesn't have to. That's what I am trying to tell you. Don't make this more difficult than it is. 

He has a solid case, with proof that he was in, and out of the country in less time than it would legally take for a foreigner to marry in the Philippines. 

This guy just has to return to the Philippines in order to sort this. He does not need an annulment. He does not need a divorce.

since you are still posting I assume you are talking to yourself ????

Don't start shit and there won't be shit, fellas. 

HTM

No, he doesn't have to. That's what I am trying to tell you. Don't make this more difficult than it is. 

He has a solid case, with proof that he was in, and out of the country in less time than it would legally take for a foreigner to marry in the Philippines. 

This guy just has to return to the Philippines in order to sort this. He does not need an annulment. He does not need a divorce.

Don't start shit and there won't be shit, fellas. 

Yes he has a solid case!

Remember also that using the Ombudsman's free he dont need attorney for this, but it may be a benefit to have a lawyer as backup

• Like 1

RogerDuMond

RogerDuMond   YES the gentlemen his correct  that the only way to do it i know cause i am doing now but what a nightmare i did contact lawyers back to AUSTRALIA they do not know what i am talking about it they never heard such request ??? but the bill run already $ 1000 grrr welcome to the PHILIPPINES

An Australian attorney will do you no good. Once you have your divorce decree authenticated by the Philippine Embassy in Australia you get a Philippine attorney to petition the court to order NSO to have their records changed showing you as not married. It is a simple process and shouldn't cost you more than about $500 USD.

• Like 1

ellenbrook2001

An Australian attorney will do you no good. Once you have your divorce decree authenticated by the Philippine Embassy in Australia you get a Philippine attorney to petition the court to order NSO to have their records changed showing you as not married. It is a simple process and shouldn't cost you more than about $500 USD.

THANKS 

but to get a decree in AUSTRALIA that the problem no many lawyers know much about it grrr so i am stuck? sure had the   recommendation here in writing from a special attorney here or did past on with my lawyer in AUSTRALIA but???? still waiting the decree.then certified but  the PHILIPPINES embassy in CANBERRA .

anywhere thanks so much sir

hilyfe

Hiw stupid can you be not realizing youre getting married hahaha I find this thing really funny

Never ever signed unless you read everything sigh"

ed villas

If he gets a divorce abroad he don't need an annulment here!

A divorce abroad are valid here but Supreme Court of the Philippines say that a divorce obtained abroad has to be recognized first by Philippine court before it have an effect here in the Philippines.

You need a petition for the recognition of the foreign divorce decree to be filed in courts in order to get the recognition here in the Philippines, NOT a normal annulment.

Alternatively, he may file a complaint with the Ombudsman on those involved, judges, etc.

This will also result in that this marriage is not valid, if his story is a correctly.

HTM i appreciate the post that you shared here,

as i was reading this , i went to the DEAR PAO column in manila times.net,

this LAWYER has had several articles in the past about marriage ,annulment and recognition of foreigner divorce decree, 

So listed below is the links to the articles,

maybe this can help others who have ???'s

http://www.manilatimes.net/filipino-citizen-files-action-for-divorce/83032/

http://www.manilatimes.net/valid-grounds-obtain-divorce-decree/140005/

http://www.manilatimes.net/requirements-marrying-foreigner-philippines/136969/

http://www.manilatimes.net/recognition-of-foreign-judgment/90393/

http://www.manilatimes.net/effect-of-divorce-decree-obtained-abroad/74408/

www.manilatimes.net/filipino-citizen-files-action-for-divorce/83032/

http://www.manilatimes.net/a-marriage-not-registered-with-the-nso/96356/

http://www.manilatimes.net/grounds-to-nullify-marriage/69501/