Purchasing a Throw Away Onward ticket

Soupeod
7 hours ago, A_Simple_Man said:

There are always going to be variances.  For example, I once used an onward ticket that was actually plugged into the computer by the BI at Mactan point of entry.  The buggers told me that my ticket is not in the system so all I had was a piece of paper.  I said "Those darn Cebu Pacific screwed me again" and he smiled and let me through.  You mileage will vary.

Since then I buy a cheap, disposable, onward ticket that is valid within 59 days ALL the time.  The cost (always has been less that PHP 1,500) is well worth the piece of mind of knowing that stupid people cannot screw with me.

That’s what I did as well, $30 dollar onward ticket to some city in Asia. Booked to depart before my 30-days was up. Thrown away. 

I was asked for it at the Aseana gate, while boarding.

Edited by Soupeod
  • Like 3
  • Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Woolf

• Monsoon

• SkyMan

• Salty Dog

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yeh,Well my BB exploits have been unremarkable at the Best. I often don't post in these threads although I'm one to be helpful as I must have done something correct since my first"marital"visit in 198

If you already have a BB stamp in your Passport they quickly move on.

There are always going to be variances.  For example, I once used an onward ticket that was actually plugged into the computer by the BI at Mactan point of entry.  The buggers told me that my ticket i

Posted Images

rrider

Here is an update on the onward/return ticket issue, I emailed the BI, about this and this is their response, 

xinfo <[email protected]> to me

Good day! Please be informed that Filipinos/former Filipinos who wish to avail of the balikbayan privilege should present their old Philippine passports or an original copy of their Philippine birth certificate to the immigration officer upon arrival, while their spouses and children shall present their marriage certificates and birth certificates, respectively. He likewise recommends they queue together for easier verification and processing. Please be informed that the Balikbayan privileges are not required to present a return ticket.

• Like 4
SkyMan
2 hours ago, rrider said:

Here is an update on the onward/return ticket issue, I emailed the BI, about this and this is their response, 

xinfo <[email protected]> to me

Good day! Please be informed that Filipinos/former Filipinos who wish to avail of the balikbayan privilege should present their old Philippine passports or an original copy of their Philippine birth certificate to the immigration officer upon arrival, while their spouses and children shall present their marriage certificates and birth certificates, respectively. He likewise recommends they queue together for easier verification and processing. Please be informed that the Balikbayan privileges are not required to present a return ticket.

That is correct but remember that it is PAL that does or doesn’t let you board. Bring a copy of your MC and letter from the BI and you should  be fine.

• Like 2
A_Simple_Man
4 hours ago, Dafey said:

That's actually standard procedure and correct.

You can message BI yourself, if you like.  I have.  Its not required to have the exit ticket within the 59 days.  I would find the email but I cannot be arsed so anyone who wants to message them can find that out.  And who knows, they may have changed their mind since I messaged them about 4 years ago.

• Like 1
Pman

I recently flew and was not asked for return ticket from either Philippine Airline or Immigration.

Airline asked to see official marriage certificate in SFO airport before boarding.

Immigration gave me one year balikbayan stamp and did not ask for marriage certificate or ticket.

• Like 3
Daddle
3 hours ago, Pman said:

I recently flew and was not asked for return ticket from either Philippine Airline or Immigration.

Airline asked to see official marriage certificate in SFO airport before boarding.

Immigration gave me one year balikbayan stamp and did not ask for marriage certificate or ticket.

Traveling with filipino spouse? Or solo? Did you request the BB stamp?

• Like 2
Pman
6 hours ago, Daddle said:

Traveling with filipino spouse? Or solo? Did you request the BB stamp?

Traveling with Philippine spouse and two kids.

They didn’t even ask, they just gave me one year stamp. 

‘How long you here sir?
Over a year.
Ok sir."

Edited by Pman
  • Like 2
  • Administrator
Dafey

• Like 4
Pman
10 hours ago, Dafey said:

My first time flying into PH since we were married (we married in USA), so this was my first BB stamp.

But there were tons of entry/exit to the PH and extensions in the PH in my passport...  she looked at all the full pages with them. Maybe she was looking for previous BB stamp.

• Like 1
  • Administrator
Dafey

My first time with wife for BB they asked for everything and gave me dirty looks. I just smiled and let her talk. Every time after they just looked at the BB stamps and smiled sending us through.

• Like 3
  • Administrator
Salty Dog
26 minutes ago, Dafey said:

My first time with wife for BB they asked for everything and gave me dirty looks. I just smiled and let her talk. Every time after they just looked at the BB stamps and smiled sending us through.

I only used BB once and it was coming back from a few days vacation in Singapore. They didn't ask to see anything. Maybe it was because they saw we had only left the Philippines just a few days before. It was our 4th trip together, but the first since we had gotten married.

• Like 2
cookie47
Yeh,Well my BB exploits have been unremarkable at the Best. I often don't post in these threads although I'm one to be helpful as I must have done something correct since my first"marital"visit in 1984....Two wives (one deceased) ,now have 22 year's up I get Very uneasy replying saying I've never had a problem both departing Australia and arriving in Cebu.But it's True...Only once we had a "discussion" at the counter in Singapore with Air Asia.
When the old terminal was operating and busy when my wife turned 60 she would head straight to the "Senior PWD exit much to my embarrassment overtaking all those waiting passengers.

Anyway just a Sunday morning story.Ive no ideas how to improve members Balikbayan Issues except to say carry everything ... Slightly off topic.
Weve been to Singapore Many times as we have a Neice there for 12 years.....Once I managed to see the computer screen of the immigration officer..When I scanned my fingerprints the screen came up with my picture and arrival departure history, Residence address, No Looking through passport page's.,... Only to check picture.....

Sent from my M2003J15SC using Tapatalk

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2