Sign in to follow this  
Mikala

Wellcôme Hotel in Cebu near Ayala Mall

Mikala

I stayed at the Wellcôme Hotel at 18 Molave Street in Escario, across from Quest Hotel in Cebu (near Ayala Mall). Usually I stay at the Radisson or Quest Hotel, but the rates are not that attractive and I really wanted to be close to Ayala Mall this time, therefore my choice of the Wellcôme Hotel.

I’m thankful that I arrived at 1 am so I couldn’t see the outside of the hotel. I might have had thought poorly of the hotel based on the outward appearance.

Once the taxi dropped me off though, I found the lobby to be inviting and the staff to be very cordial. The bellboy took my bags to my room and I was happy to see a queen sized bed, plus a single bed.

The flat screen TV was functional, but smallish at perhaps 32 inches. Restroom (CR) was serviceable and the usual toiletries were found to be in order.

The shower had some minor problems with water pressure and the cold/hot cycles while showering did not amuse me at all. That was the single worst point of the room. Other than that, the small refrigerator worked well (if I remembered to close it all the way) and 2 small bottles of water were in the room every day for my consumption.

For ½ the price of the Quest / Radisson Hotels (around 2,000p), I found it to be reasonable.

There is a massage business next door, but I did not partake of their services.

Walking to Ayala Mall meant crossing a busy street, but it was entirely doable. At no point did I ever feel like I was in danger.

I rented a scooter (from a LinC advertiser) and the hotel basement parking was very good to keep it as safe as possible.

I did not check out the swimming pool (AKA “urban wading pool”), nor did I try the free breakfast buffet. I usually skipped breakfast and then went to A Café in Banilad the last day for a hearty meal before flying.

The wireless internet in the room worked well and I had no problems with any dropped connections, even though I had 3 iPhones and 2 iPads hooked into it.

http://wellcomehotel.com/

I would consider staying there again.

• Like 5

contraman

I stayed at the Wellcôme Hotel at 18 Molave Street in Escario, across from Quest Hotel in Cebu (near Ayala Mall). Usually I stay at the Radisson or Quest Hotel, but the rates are not that attractive and I really wanted to be close to Ayala Mall this time, therefore my choice of the Wellcôme Hotel.

I’m thankful that I arrived at 1 am so I couldn’t see the outside of the hotel. I might have had thought poorly of the hotel based on the outward appearance.

Once the taxi dropped me off though, I found the lobby to be inviting and the staff to be very cordial. The bellboy took my bags to my room and I was happy to see a queen sized bed, plus a single bed.

The flat screen TV was functional, but smallish at perhaps 32 inches. Restroom (CR) was serviceable and the usual toiletries were found to be in order.

The shower had some minor problems with water pressure and the cold/hot cycles while showering did not amuse me at all. That was the single worst point of the room. Other than that, the small refrigerator worked well (if I remembered to close it all the way) and 2 small bottles of water were in the room every day for my consumption.

For ½ the price of the Quest / Radisson Hotels (around 2,000p), I found it to be reasonable.

There is a massage business next door, but I did not partake of their services.

Walking to Ayala Mall meant crossing a busy street, but it was entirely doable. At no point did I ever feel like I was in danger.

I rented a scooter (from a LinC advertiser) and the hotel basement parking was very good to keep it as safe as possible.

I did not check out the swimming pool (AKA “urban wading pool”), nor did I try the free breakfast buffet. I usually skipped breakfast and then went to A Café in Banilad the last day for a hearty meal before flying.

The wireless internet in the room worked well and I had no problems with any dropped connections, even though I had 3 iPhones and 2 iPads hooked into it.

http://wellcomehotel.com/

I would consider staying there again.

Looking at the website it does specifically say "Hot and Cold Showers" and by  reading your post, this is what you got.  :yahoo:

• Like 5

Jim Sibbick

Thankyou for your review but you haven't convinced me I should no longer stay Downtown! Because I can still get all that at half the price.

Jeepney

Thankyou for your review but you haven't convinced me I should no longer stay Downtown! Because I can still get all that at half the price.

Thanks for your comment, but downtown is certainly not for all, including the Downtown!

Thanks for the review Mikala.

• Like 1

mistaeric
The wireless internet in the room worked well and I had no problems with any dropped connections, even though I had 3 iPhones and 2 iPads hooked into it. [/quote

3 Iphones and 2 Ipads? Are you a traveling salesman for Apple products?

Enuff

I have stayed at wellcome, golden prince and mandarin plaza all many times. I keep switching between the 3. Although mandarin plaza is brand new and closer to ayala I think the best part about wellcome is the balcony. As a smoker that a huge incentive. Usually don't mind walking down for a smoke but a coffee & cig on balcony at 4am when the city starts to come alive is awesome

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Mikala

3 Iphones and 2 Ipads? Are you a traveling salesman for Apple products?

My company requires me to have a Korean cellphone, USA cellphone at all times (they pay for the phones / service). I switch the SIM card on the Korean cellphone to use with my Smart SIM card while home. Girl has her iPhone / iPad.

Definitely not a salesman for Apple products. I dislike Apple's philosophy and over-priced line. It's a very good phone when someone else pays for it. I'm trying to switch to all Windows products, hence my purchase of a Win8.1 Nokia 1020 cellphone and MS Surface Pro 2.