Sign in to follow this  
cebubird

"SORRY, NO STOCK SIR"

Brucewayne

Stickers, plates?  It's the same thing here - no stock.  We've been waiting since last August for our stickers from LTO in Las Pinas!  I've already been pulled over once in Makati for having no current sticker.  Once shown the reregistration with a 'No Sticker Available' stamp the MMDA official then proceeded  to detain us while he desperately sought another offence.  In the end - after 20 minutes - I lost my temper and drove off.  I rather hoped they would pursue or follow up but no, it was a complete scam.

One has to watch out, I was pulled over by a fake cop once.

I asked for his ID and he asked why.

I told him that I didn't believe he was a cop, so he hopped on his scooter and high tailed it out of there.

• Like 6

Steve and Myrlita

One has to watch out, I was pulled over by a fake cop once.

I asked for his ID and he asked why.

I told him that I didn't believe he was a cop, so he hopped on his scooter and high tailed it out of there.

Or he could have pulled out his gun and shot you.

• Like 2

Brucewayne

Or he could have pulled out his gun and shot you.

What gun?

Steve and Myrlita

What gun?

The one he has hidden behind his back being brought to bear between your eyes. "That gun"

Edited by Steve and Myrlita

Brucewayne

The one he has hidden behind his back being brought to bear between your eyes. "That gun"

The way this guy was dressed, there was little chance he could have hidden a gun (maybe, but unlikely).

Besides, I could have gunned the engine, run his beat up scooter over and left him stranded in a heartbeat.

• Like 1

Steve and Myrlita

The way this guy was dressed, there was little chance he could have hidden a gun (maybe, but unlikely).

Besides, I could have gunned the engine, run his beat up scooter over and left him stranded in a heartbeat.

Better yet, start after him and get him running for his life then go back and take his bike.....

• Like 1

musicman666

If an aggressor has a gun it would make sense have it on full display ....

Edited by musicman666

Irenicus

Posted this in the thread about vehicle registration, but just had to give it more exposure. We are all SO familiar with hearing that, regarding everything imaginable, but hearing it at the LTO was a triple "double face palm" moment. After spending our almost 2 hours in a hot little place and paying our annual 4580, finally girl called to hand me final paperwork, and said, "No sticker sir". "Excuse me, what do you mean, no sticker?" "SORRY SIR NO STOCK". "So when do I get sticker-next week?" "MAYBE next month sir.? Words escape me.

Eh, bahala na.

I heard about this even before registering my truck, so it came as no suprise.  I just keep copies of my license and rego in the truck for the occassional checkpoint.

Not a big deal.  Looking for a sticker gives me something to look forward to next month.

You ever go snipe hunting?

smokey

Basically any change to the look of a vehicle doesn't require re-registration, but rather, the change of body style paperwork, which costs just about the same as a re-registration, but you don't have to do the emissions test.  You can accomplish it during a re-registration, but can be done separately with a change of body style, which does not reset the registration dates.  A common catch is the multicab or a truck that didn't have a cover, or partial cover initially, but gets one installed even temporarily requires it as well.

For 2 years I drove around in a 1996 ford Explorer with a clearly marked 4.0 engine

Paper work said 2000 ford ranger pickup 2.5 L engine ???

Monsoon

Why any of you guys actually stop for traffic enforcers is beyond me. 

You need to take full advantage of that 'dumb kano' stereotype. Flip it and reverse it.

Edited by Monsoon
  • Like 1

Majorsco

Why any of you guys actually stop for traffic enforcers is beyond me. 

You need to take full advantage of that 'dumb kano' stereotype. Flip it and reverse it.

Can't speak for Cebu checkpoints, but the checkpoints here are by armed police or military, generally.  Only the LTO ones Ive seen were by unarmed LTO people, but there may have been someone armed in the mix.

I tend not to make someone carrying a gun angry, particularly when there is very little regard for life here.

thebob

If there isn't a uniformed PNP officer  clearly visible... don't stop. They are the only ones empowered to detain you. Citcom are just rent cops, they do not have a warrant and do not have the power to confiscate a licence, I wouldn't even show them one.

Majorsco

If there isn't a uniformed PNP officer  clearly visible... don't stop. They are the only ones empowered to detain you. Citcom are just rent cops, they do not have a warrant and do not have the power to confiscate a licence, I wouldn't even show them one.

Not entirely true.  The LTO enforcement division has the authority to pull people over, check registrations and licenses, etc. and can confiscate licenses.  When I was stopped by the LTO checkpoint a few weeks ago, they were uniformed and had proper IDs displayed.  I don't recall if they had a PNP with them or not, I just didn't notice.  The LTO people themselves were not armed, so I supect there was either a cop or a soldier somewhere nearby for their protection.

I agree about rent a cops, though.

roaddog

If you see them in time turn around or move to the hard left and hit the gas. Works good in the city, anyway.

hyaku

The ones South of Capoocan, Leyte work in groups of six, wear camouflage uniforms fully automatic rifles, sub machine guns etc. I would love to see someone drive through there without stopping.

• Like 1