Sign in to follow this  
cebubird

"SORRY, NO STOCK SIR"

cebubird

Posted this in the thread about vehicle registration, but just had to give it more exposure.

We are all SO familiar with hearing that, regarding everything imaginable, but hearing it at the LTO was a triple "double face palm" moment.

After spending our almost 2 hours in a hot little place and paying our annual 4580, finally girl called to hand me final paperwork, and said, "No sticker sir".

"Excuse me, what do you mean, no sticker?"

"SORRY SIR NO STOCK".

"So when do I get sticker-next week?"

"MAYBE next month sir.?

Words escape me.

sugbu777

Posted this in the thread about vehicle registration, but just had to give it more exposure.

We are all SO familiar with hearing that, regarding everything imaginable, but hearing it at the LTO was a triple "double face palm" moment.

After spending our almost 2 hours in a hot little place and paying our annual 4580, finally girl called to hand me final paperwork, and said, "No sticker sir".

"SORRY SIR NO STOCK".

"So when do I get sticker-next week?"

"MAYBE next month sir.?

Words escape me.

They did not use those words, but the same thing happened here recently on Guam at Vehicle Licensing. They ran out of stickers for the license plates and had to wait until they came in. Maybe next month is a pretty standard phrase here when stuff is not available.

Edited by sugbu777

Majorsco

I was at LTO with two transactions, one to reregister my motorcycle (annual) and the second was to change the body style on my other motorcycle to that of having a sidecar.  I had temp plates on the first one for two years.  This year plate is available but no stickers, so I got the plate and made sure that my document had stated that no sticker available so that if I'm stopped they won't ticket me for no stickers.  Here in Dapitan/Dipolog there are almost never stickers, and rarely plates.

Regarding the change of body style, they would not let it go through without a plate being issued.  They said that plates were available, but that I could not have one because it wasn't October and they didn't have an on hand plate that ended in a 0 (plate numbers are coded to expiration month).  So I am in a holding pattern until they have an appropriate plate, may be a week or months.  So I'm driving my tricycle with no proper registration.  In Dapitan it's not an issue because half the vehicles here are not properly registered and the local police don't care.  I just don't drive to Dipolog till its resolved.

• Like 3

roaddog

I've been waiting for almost 6 months for plate on new bike. Have a friend been waiting for almost a year. Just stick a temp plate on it and have your paperwork it's no big deal.

hyaku

I posted on a similar thread that I had not had a sticker for 3 years now. The breakdown of the LTO charge has the sticker fee at P200. For everybody that registers over 3 years? A lot of money. Pretty sure there is scam going on somewhere in the LTO. Local LTO have no idea. They just 'process'.

Got some useful information yesterday that I was unaware of and maybe others. I was thinking of re spraying my SUV. The dark colour absorbs the heat too much. It seems that if you change the colour, even if you put on a roof rack, you have to re-register the vehicle.

Edited by hyaku

Majorsco

Got some useful information yesterday that I was unaware of and maybe others. I was thinking of re spraying my SUV. The dark colour absorbs the heat too much. It seems that if you change the colour, even if you put on a roof rack, you have to re-register the vehicle.

Basically any change to the look of a vehicle doesn't require re-registration, but rather, the change of body style paperwork, which costs just about the same as a re-registration, but you don't have to do the emissions test.  You can accomplish it during a re-registration, but can be done separately with a change of body style, which does not reset the registration dates.  A common catch is the multicab or a truck that didn't have a cover, or partial cover initially, but gets one installed even temporarily requires it as well.

• Like 1

sugbu777

Anywhere I've ever been, including PI, if you change the color of the vehicle, it must be re-registered with the new color.

• Like 1

Woolf

Check your CR (Certificate of Registration), maybe the color is not  registered

LRK

Or as my filipino friend does. Photocopy your registration a couple of times and try to 'erase' your color. Once you have done this or smudge over it they will register it as no color and you can change it as many times as you like... atleast these motorbike tinkerers seem to get away with it

Sent from my Cherry w500 using Tapatalk

toshi

you think the girl behind the counter will have the information?

she gets her info from the supervisor..whom don't know either

the supervisor gets his probably from the branch manager or something like that..whom probably ordered it somewhere.. probaly once he gets permission from the ''boss'' whom is never there.. (most likely with the family on holiday in disney world from the taxpayers moneys)

So you think that someone, anyone in that place.. has a clew when the stocks will arrive?

never!

one day they just show up,

AND, when they arrive, it probably first gets distributed among friends and ''business associates"

then come family members from the workers at the LTO..and then..if any left..its your turn..

and absolutely nothing the poor girl behind the counter can help you with..and therefore you get a answer like that..its the system they live in all their lives 

i do see (slight) improvements over the last few years though...

it is what it is..

welcome in the Philippines..   :wheel:

ps,(edited after)

i just read this back..it almost sounds like a rant..but it is not intended like that..more trying to make light fun of the situation..

Edited by toshi

Brucewayne

Check your CR (Certificate of Registration), maybe the color is not  registered

Mine has no color on it and when I inquired, I was told I could paint it any color I liked, but if I wanted to register it as that color, it would cost P200.

I was told it would simply be better to leave the color space blank if I might change the color again or want to save a bit of money.

RogerDuMond

AND, when they arrive, it probably first gets distributed among friends and ''business associates" then come family members from the workers at the LTO..and then..if any left..its your turn.. and absolutely nothing the poor girl behind the counter can help you with..and therefore you get a answer like that..its the system they live in all their lives

That is entirely possible. We just had ours registered and got the sticker, but we don't do it ourselves. Sister-in-law takes all the necessary paperwork to one of of my wife's friends who is a department head at LTO. Then after a few days she goes back and picks up everything.

hyaku

Thanks a lot guys. Thankfully the color isn't stated. When I re register in my name I'll leave it blank.

Monsoon

Well, you have to see that this would require a very complex mathematical formula to prevent it from happening. I mean, how could they possibly take the number of registrations they had last year and add to it an estimate of the number of new vehicles that will be sold in the current year. I mean, this would be a feat of pure genius. 

• Like 1

GoHuk

Stickers, plates?  It's the same thing here - no stock.  We've been waiting since last August for our stickers from LTO in Las Pinas!  I've already been pulled over once in Makati for having no current sticker.  Once shown the reregistration with a 'No Sticker Available' stamp the MMDA official then proceeded  to detain us while he desperately sought another offence.  In the end - after 20 minutes - I lost my temper and drove off.  I rather hoped they would pursue or follow up but no, it was a complete scam.

Edited by GoHuk