Sign in to follow this  
Woolf

CD-R King opens biggest branch in E-Mall

Woolf

CD-R King opens biggest branch in E-Mall

http://www.sunstar.com.ph/cebu/business/2014/05/04/cd-r-king-opens-biggest-branch-e-mall-341201

Sunday, May 4, 2014

CD-R King will open five more branches in Cebu this year. The company reopened last Saturday its E-Mall branch, the biggest branch in Visayas and Mindanao.

Andy Cagalingan, operations manager of CD-R King, told reporters that two of branches they will soon open will be in StarmallAzienda in Talisay City and Parkmall in Mandaue City.

Cagalingan also said that they will open a branch in Bogo City.

CD-R King’s farthest branch in the south is in the town of Minglanilla while in the north, it is in Danao City. It currently has 23 branches in Cebu.

Last Saturday, CD-R King officials led the opening of its biggest branch in Visayas and Mindanao on the third floor of Elizabeth Mall in Cebu City. It occupies 327 square meters of floor area and displays computer accessories, gadgets, school and home appliances.

The E-mall branch also showcases CD-R King’s electric bikes, which its Cebu area manager John Antig described in previous interviews as selling well among buyers.

Cagalingan said that it will adopt its own POS system in its E-mall branch in the future. CD-R King is testing a point-of-sales (POS) system in one of their branches in Manila.

Also part of CD-R King’s thrust this year to improve its products quality.

Quality

“We are now pushing for quality, aside from just being affordable,” Cagalingan said, citing that they have a quality control division to check their products.

He said they are also becoming more lenient with their warranty, adding that they can accommodate service warranties even beyond the provided period.

“We give (warranty) extensions to those who show valid reasons,” he said.

With its expansions in Cebu, Cagalingan said they are looking for a warehouse in the area.

CD-R King products are manufactured in Taiwan and China and are then shipped to the Philippines. It currently employs a thousand employees, with more than a hundred in Cebu.

Raven

Quality “We are now pushing for quality, aside from just being affordable,” Cagalingan said, citing that they have a quality control division to check their products.

Which products? They are ALWAYS out of stock!!

• Like 2

throttleplate

to bad they dont pay the employees but shit but than again they have employees that dont know shit and even so i do my research and buy shit from them after i have to draw them a picture of it and they say out of stock and you say no i see it right there and locate it myself after waiting for 30 minutes to be waited on in the store in the mall unless you go to the un-airconditioned store here in iloilo where there is no wait where the salesperson leaves sweat stains on the shit you buy along with my sweat stains.

• Like 3

Brucewayne

Cagalingan said that it will adopt its own POS system

As far as I am concerned, this says it all.

• Like 1

easy44

They are great if you just go in and browse.  You will always see something you want, but if you're looking for something specific they are always out of stock.  Hand written invoices take forever.

Mikala

I was in CDR King in Ayala Mall a few days back with an idle thought to buy a cheap TV for a friend of mine. Didn't see any TVs displayed, but did notice a solar panel for sale.

Where do they keep the TVs? Just in back? I have to ask a salesperson to tell me what they have in stock?

Woolf

I do not know about CDR King at Ayala Mall, if it is like the one at SM  it is small

The CDR King at Park Mall is much bigger and I have seen TV,s there

I imagine the new CDR King at E-Mall (327 square meters) also have TV,s on display

Hy H

Where do they keep the TVs? Just in back? I have to ask a salesperson to tell me what they have in stock?

If you around Fuente. Robinson mall has a cdr king store with quite large selection of flat screen tv`s on display. 

Mikala

Robinson mall has a cdr king store with quite large selection of flat screen tv`s on display

Fantastic. I didn't realize there was one there. Thanks so much!